+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

LG.
    pssst nilesgirl, Lois edited her post right after you posted (within the 5 minute edit window) to avoid double posting. You can see her edit notes in small print at the bottom of the post.

Michael doesn't look like he's been having a really fun time since he left in search of Walt. My guess is that he hasn't had the chance to actually see Walt yet, because if he was anywhere near Walt, I don't think he'd let them get separated again without one heck of a fight. Poor Michael - how terrifying for a parent.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LG. View Post
    pssst nilesgirl, Lois edited her post right after you posted (within the 5 minute edit window) to avoid double posting. You can see her edit notes in small print at the bottom of the post.
    Exactly! (And Darn you LG! You've given away my secret. Ha ha!)

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    Okay. Lois, how is my quote in your post before I even put the post in? How the heck did that happen? Also, does anyone at all remember the nickname Sawyer used for Bernard last night?
    NG, I'm a bit compulsive that way...sometimes I read really good stuff AFTER I've already made my post...so I don't want to post again and just waste space, so I'll add that onto my original post IF I'm within that edit window time...I think it's actually good for like 30 minutes or so...'cause I know I've added stuff on at times after 5 minutes.

I'm sure Qboots will remember the nickname!!! She remembers everything!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Lupus can go into remission and there are forms of it that are fatal
    Good point! I really was thrown for a loop 'cause I thought her problem was going to be kidney related...

FORT Fogey
    I just came up with a theory about the computer and entering the numbers. "Henry" wants Locke to believe the numbers don't have to be entered anymore. If Walt was actually communicating with Michael before Michael went out to search for him, then the Others obviously are connected to that computer. Could it be that the numbers being entered is a way to communicate to them that there are still other people on the island? That "Henry" would want them to stop entering them, because that would give the others a signal to come and help him?

Wasn't the nickname Sawyer used for Bernard last night, "Norma Rae?" I think he prefaced it with something like, "Having union troubles in the mill, Norma Rae?"

MS in another disease that can go into remission although I do believe Rose had cancer and I had guessed the link between Locke and Rose was something curative.

As for Henry, he is a fascinating character for me and an example of what a good actor can do with a despicable character.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    As for Henry, he is a fascinating character for me and an example of what a good actor can do with a despicable character.
    While the character of Henry creeps me out, that's a great point Florimel!

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    I've never heard of MS going into remission. Its degenerative and my Grandmother had it. But MS wouldn't kill you in a short time, it takes years and years, and actually MS doesn't KILL you, it causes complications that may lead to death. (Grandma had it for 40 years, and 35+ was wheelchair bound, 15+ bedridden). I am with Qboots and assumed it was cancer. First if you have cancer and you have had radiation, then you can't do anything short of full blown Chemo to help prolong life if it comes back, and that only improves odds slightly. Cancer can kill pretty quick so it seems to fit the bill. As a cancer survivor, I see why Rose would hesitate in telling Bernard. I didn't tell my family much at all. And when I had to say the "C" word I always tried to make it sound as if I were suffering from something benign like a cold.

I see my extra's got some camera time this week. Well I guess it was clear that our main characters actually do know the other surivivors well enough to know "frogurt" guy etc.

When Rose went to see Isaac there was a prominant letter on the wall in the center of focus, I thought maybe that was relivant but I couldn't make out the name on my TV and since Q didn't mention it, it mustn't be important.

Also regarding Henry's teeth...I couldn't help too, but notice them. It didn't even click right away that he was a dentist. I was thinking "wow this is a well known actor and his teeth are this bad?". Then last night I had another one of my strange Lost dreams and in it I was arguing with Rose that Bernard wasn't a dentist because he helped me do my hair. (I do have strange dreams about lost...at least this one didn't have sayid chasing me because my blood contained antibodies to keep him from turning into a zombie).

cricketeen I just wanted to let you know that my avatar caption is a blantant rip off...But just wanted to give you props for the McDharmas two all boar patties post, way back a month or so ago. Loved it so much had to pay respect.

harvest I had to watch Ten Commandments just to see Naveen (perhaps its clear that I think he's hot [although hotter with facial hair]). I just wanted to mention that Naveen may seem like a girls name, and he is of Indian decent, but my husband is from Pakistan. The boys in his family are named as follows: Najeed, Nafees, Naveed. So you may seen the trend: N. A. consonant. E. E. consonant. So as strange as it may seem, it is a normal guys name in East Asian culture. (not that I'm gonna name MY SON something like that)
    Do I look like a dumb blonde to you? Ha! the joke's on you because I'm not as smart as I look.

I thought I might have been wrong about MS and remission, poutymouse, so I did a little research. I found the following on the Multiple Sclerosis Home Page for med students and physicians.

http://medlib.med.utah.edu/kw/ms/classif.html

Apparently the first two types can go into remission.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I thought I might have been wrong about MS and remission, poutymouse, so I did a little research. I found the following on the Multiple Sclerosis Home Page for med students and physicians.

http://medlib.med.utah.edu/kw/ms/classif.html

Apparently the first two types can go into remission.

Correct- Here is the following from the National MS Society
    * Relapsing-Remitting
    Characteristics: People with this type of MS experience clearly defined flare-ups (also called relapses, attacks, or exacerbations). These are episodes of acute worsening of neurologic function. They are followed by partial or complete recovery periods (remissions) free of disease progression.
    Frequency: Most common form of MS at time of initial diagnosis. Approximately 85%.

BUT- it would be unusual for a neurologist to tell you that you have a year to live because of MS.

I took the episode to mean that Rose had cancer. And this island "cured" her (which, would it be a "cure" if she believes that the disease will come back after she leaves?).

So my question is this- the island has "cured" Locke and Rose. Do you take this to mean that Sun's baby really is Jin's?
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

FORT Fogey

Q

Agree. What is the name of the actor who plays Henry? I think he is brilliant! His eyes tell more story than his words! Love it!

And to Qboots! My Tivo did NOT record the last episode while I was away(feel free to insert any curse)!

Your recaps saved me! You are DA Forter!

Anyone would be sooo kind and tell me about the previews? TIA

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I thought they were purposefully vague about the disease...either to leave them some manoevering room for the future or because they've already got some non-cancer trick in the works. Definitely not an accident. Maybe they just don't want to deal with people like us googling whatever brand of cancer they picked and nitpicking what they show.

+ Reply to Thread