+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by bethw12000 View Post
    I just saw this posted at another site. Does anyone else remember this scene?

I have a better question for those of you with the LOST DVD..... in the "un-aired scenes" it has a chat at the airport with Claire and the pilot. The pilot mentions something about his mom and how she was left by a dentist named Bernard? Well...last season I figured out the link... to Benard and Rose. BUT in this episode he said he had never been married. humm.... Can anyone remember exactly what the pilot said???
    Being left by him doesn't necessarily translate into being divorced by him. Maybe Bernard knocked her up but never married her?

I have season 1 but haven't watched any of it yet, I'm saving it for the summer when I finally have a break and can really pay attention to clues and such.

FORT Fogey
    Qboots, you rock! I had the show on last night, but was stuck on the phone so I didn't get to pay a lot of attention to it. With your summary, all the blanks have been filled, and it's like I was giving the show my full attention!

LG.
    Don't know about the unaired scene, but Bernard made it clear in his proposal to Rose that was aired last night that he was a 56 year old bachelor. I thought last night's episode was very sweet. I also thought that Bernard's bottom teeth were the absolutely most crooked that I'd ever seen on a dentist. Did anyone else notice that? Dentist, get thyself to an orthodontist already.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I normally like the characters of Rose and Bernard, but I wasn't loving Rose so much last night. First, I didn't buy how they met and fell in love. She seemed annoying in the car when she was trying to get out of the parking spot and I didn't see why Bernard would like her so much right away, unless it was a physical attraction.

And affter dating for 5 months, she still hadn't told Bernard she was dying? Wouldn't you have told someone you were that close to about something as important as that? (Unless she thought the relationship was a lot less serious than Bernard did, I suppose.)

Also, I could understand how she would want to stay on the island if she thought that's what caused her to be cured...And she's probably right that no one would see their SOS sign so why bother.

BUT, while I would've been pessimistic that a SOS sign would work, I wouldn't have given up hopes of a rescue eventually. It couldn't hurt. I would've been with Bernard in making the sign...just in case...so there were more options. I also wouldn't have wanted everyone to NOT be rescued just 'cause I might die if we were. Let's say that someone saw the SOS sign and rescued them...Rose (and Bernard) could've chose to stay on the island by themselves if that's the only thing they thought would save Rose's life.

I also really didn't like how she belittled him in front of everyone. There's a time and place for that, but it's nice for married couples to show a united front.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    I can sort of understand her not telling Bernard right away that she was dying. When you love someone that much, you want to spend whatever time you have just enjoying each other and being happy. If she had told him right away that she was dying, he would've spent whatever time they had left feeling sad and always walking on eggshells around her treating her like a fragile doll that will break at any moment. She didn't want that and she didn't want him to feel like he had to stay with her out of pity because of what she was going through.
    Really good points Nilesgirl. I hadn't thought of it that way. I can understand her wanting to enjoy the time she had left without worrying about him being worried about her...but I still think she should've told him. Not on the first date, but certainly by 5 months later. If I knew someone I cared about was dying, I'd want to make sure I didn't wait to do things in the future...like take that trip to Europe now instead of a year later... Hopefully, none of us will be in that situation!
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 04-13-2006 at 01:35 PM. Reason: So I'm not doubleposting

I can sort of understand her not telling Bernard right away that she was dying. When you love someone that much, you want to spend whatever time you have just enjoying each other and being happy. If she had told him right away that she was dying, he would've spent whatever time they had left feeling sad and always walking on eggshells around her treating her like a fragile doll that will break at any moment. She didn't want that and she didn't want him to feel like he had to stay with her out of pity because of what she was going through.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

It has been said by TPTB that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the season finale will, to paraphrase, delve into the plane crash a little more, so Naveen's statement might refer to that.

Michael had a torch - he's been with the Others? I'm assuming so. At the meet and greet with Mr. Friendly, I had the impression that he knew Michael was on a wild goose chase and that the Others would be evading him. Can't wait to see what went on.

Henry is really messing with Locke. He conveys so much with just his eyes and a smirk!
    (Jack is too nice, when he applied that compress and Henry flinched - well, I'd have held it there longer )
    I don't know how or when or if Henry will meet his end, but I'll miss him when he goes.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Myrosiedog, I wonder if you ever read my neilson's tv diary. Several years back we were sent one to handwrite into and I always forgot about it. It was during a time when we just moved into a new house and I had a job that didn't allow me much primetime tv time. If I got one now, boy I could really fill it up and then some! I was a bit disappointed that I didn't have a neilson box or some other fancy tracking gadget. My initial thought was, what, a handwritten diary is how they keep track of the numbers? They must be kidding! Anyone can fudge the stuff they write in those.
    Yep and I'm sure they do. They were hard to read and the channel flippers were the worst. All kinds of crap were written in there. It was an awful job.
    But I know people that have worked there 10-12 YEARS! You'd have had to shoot me a LONG time ago if that was me.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    What, besides cancer, goes "into remission"? Loved Jack dissing Sawyer by not needing his gun and not asking him to go. The guy pulled a foul move taking the guns and meds and is being shunned because of it... well, not by Kate. Thought it was telling that when everyone else was shown with a partner, Sawyer only had the dog. I wonder if he is evil enough to turn to the dark side and be a spy for the Others. I'd like to see a meeting between him and "Henry".
    Lupus can go into remission and there are forms of it that are fatal
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fanatic
    is rose obsessive compulsive?
    i also noticed how crooked bernards teeth were.
    i think the others took michaels gun because he collapsed and all he had was a torch.
    and what was the last thing michael said in the preview?

Okay. Lois, how is my quote in your post before I even put the post in? How the heck did that happen? Also, does anyone at all remember the nickname Sawyer used for Bernard last night?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread