+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    This is just a theory, but..............

When Eko encountered the smoke, it had images from his past in it.

Is it possible that the smoke can manifest itself into something resembling an actual character, a la Dave or Jack's Dad???? If the smoke can pull out thoughts, then it would know all about what is in Hurley's mind and play on that.

Just a thought.
    Interesting theory...kind of reminds me of that one movie with Sharon Stone where they go deep into the ocean and this Sphere thing reads their minds and creates their reality, kind of like that or like when Jodi Foster was on that planet thing in Contact and they downloaded her thoughts so they could communicate with her. Not that those things have anything to do with Lost, but it just reminded me of that.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Some news for Michael fans:

Click to see Spoiler:
    04/12 - Michael will be getting a flashback episode on May 17, during which we'll learn what, um, Others stuff he's been up to these last couple of months. Whatever it is he's been doing, I understand we'll meet a very different Michael than the one we left. Walt will also be back, and yes, he'll still be played by Malcolm David Kelley. I'm also hearing that [the] episode contains a great scene between Jack and Sawyer. Even better than the poker stuff. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

Credit to www.spoilerfix.com

So here's the updated list of new episodes remaining:

Click to see Spoiler:

2.19: S.O.S. (Rose/Bernard-centric)
    Airdate: April 12, 2006 from 9 p.m. to 10:04 p.m.

Special: Lost: Reckoning
    Airdate: April 26, 2006

Episode 2.20: Two for the Road (Ana-Lucia-centric)
    Airdate: May 3, 2006

Episode 2.21: ? (Possibly Claire-centric)
    Airdate: May 10, 2006
    Note: "?" is the actual name of the episode.

Episode 2.22: Three Minutes (Michael-centric)
    Airdate: May 17, 2006

Episode 2.23: Title Unknown (2-hour season finale)
    Airdate: May 24, 2006 from 9 to 11 p.m.

Tonight’s episode opens with Rose and Bernard sorting the food from the airdrop, and putting it on shelves on the beach. There’s cereal, chips, vegetable oil, huge cans of green beans, carrots and corn. Bernard mentions how hard the first 7 weeks on the island were for he and the other tailies in comparison to the fusies. The latter group has set things up as if they’re planning to live there forever and have given up on being rescued.

Down in the bunker, the timer is at 2 minutes and beeping. Locke is busy trying to sketch what he saw on the blast door. At 1 minute the alarm sounds and Jack says to Locke: “You gonna get that?” Locke quickly keys the code into the computer, but he looks like he really doesn’t care about the numbers anymore.

Ana Lucia is on the couch reading. (An atlas, I think.) Jack goes in to see “Henry” who apparently has stopped eating and talking. Jack changes the dressing on his shoulder wound and tells him that Henry’s story about sending them into an ambush and trading hostages gave him an idea. Jack is going to the forbidden area to demand a trade: Henry for Walt. Henry laughs and says “They’ll never give you Walt.”

Flashback: Rose is stuck in the snow on a city street. Bernard is standing beside her car, telling her not to gun the engine. He pushes her out and then falls. They introduce themselves and Rose offers to buy Bernard a coffee. (This is obviously how they met, and it wasn’t very long ago – they look the same.)

Back on the beach Rose has saved a box of cookies for Hurley. But he says he’s on a fish and water diet. Bernard tells Hurley to round everyone up: Libby, Jenkins, Neil, Craig, Richard, Ralph. (Hey! Maybe we’re going to get to know some of the “red shirts”.)

Down in the bunker, Jack is packing to leave. Ana Lucia volunteers to go along but Jack wants her to stay and guard Henry. She gives him the pistol and advises him to take someone with him.

Sawyer and Kate are catching fish in a tide pool. Jack comes along and invites Kate to go with him to try and get Walt back. Sawyer wonders how Jack got a gun.

Bernard has gathered a small group of castaways and tells them that they’ve all become too comfortable in the past 2 months. Doesn’t anybody want to go home? Hurley mentions that they did try the raft idea, but it got blown up. Bernard figures that if a plane dropped food for them, maybe other planes fly over also. They need to build a huge S.O.S. sign on the beach. Maybe a satellite will even see it. Rose suggests they ask Jack first, and says that Bernard is giving people false hope. (Personally, I’m on Bernard’s side. False hope is better than no hope.)
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I have a feeling Henry is the leader. He is definitely up to something and gets a dig or smirk in every chance he can get even though there are times he's crying and acting like he's afraid of the Other's leader. He knows they won't trade Walt back because he's really the one in charge and probably got caught on purpose to see how the survivors are living.

ETA: yep, just saw another smirk. I'm totally convinced - Henry is the leader!!!

Flashback: Rose & Bernard are having lunch at Niagara Falls. Violinists begin to play and Bernard gets down on one knee. He’s been a bachelor for 56 years, but when he met Rose 5 months ago it was like they’d known each other forever. “I love you. Will you marry me?” Rose says “I’m sick. I’m dying.” Bernard sends the musicians away and Rose explains that she was in remission for a few years but now it’s back. (Cancer I’m thinking.) The doctor said this time it’s going to be the end of her and she probably has about a year. Bernard: “You haven’t answered my question.” Rose: “Are you sure?” Bernard: “I’m sure.” Rose: “Yes.”

Back on the beach, Eko and Charlie are too busy building a church to help with Bernard’s sign. Bernard thinks their time would be better served by trying to get saved. Eko tells him that people get saved in different ways.

Down in the bunker Locke is hobbling around on crutches and Ana Lucia is fixing something. They can’t open the armory door since Jack has taken the only gun. So Locke shouts through the door: “Henry! Did you push the button or not?” Henry smiles but doesn’t answer.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

On the beach, a small group has gathered to help Bernard build an S.O.S. (Hurley, Jin, Sun, but Craig and Neil chickened out.) The sand is very pale, so if they haul black rocks ½ mile from the lava field they should be able to make a noticeable sign.

Flashback: Rose and Bernard are driving through the Australian Outback on their honeymoon. Rose thinks they’re lost, but Bernard is purposely driving her to see a faith healer: Isaac Uluru. Rose thinks he’s out of his mind, but he made a large cash donation in order to get her in to see Isaac. Rose has made her peace with what’s happening to her, but agrees to see Isaac for Bernard’s sake.

Back on the island, Bernard tries to recruit Sawyer, but he’s busy rebuilding his shelter after Hurley trashed it. Bernard thinks it’s Rose’s fault that his group of 15 workers has dwindled to 4. Rose says it’s a management problem and wonders why he can’t ever just let things be. Bernard figures that if he just “let things be” Rose wouldn’t even be alive.

Kate tells Jack she’s flattered that he chose her over Sawyer for their little trek. Jack confesses that he asked Sayid first, but he declined. Jack knows that The Others have no interest in himself or Kate so that’s why he chose her. Kate spots a child’s doll in the grass. Jack yells at her not to touch it, but she picks it up and they both end up swinging in a net. Kate: “Sorry.”

Jack and Kate figure the trap is one of Danielle’s, and it may take her days to find them. Kate pulls the gun out of Jack’s waistband and takes a shot at the rope that’s holding the net. She misses, but Jack takes a shot and shoots the rope. They tumble to the ground. (If anyone’s counting, their gun still has 13 bullets left.)

On the beach, Jin is putting rocks into the shape of an “S”. Bernard starts yelling that he wants a triple row of rocks. Then he apologizes and says he just wants to get his wife home. Jin says “Sorry” and leaves Bernard to work on the S.O.S. alone.

Locke sits on the beach. Rose joins him. They talk about Bernard’s project. Locke tells Rose that he’s done with the hatch and Jack told him he’d be on crutches for 4 weeks. Rose says “You and I both know it won’t be that long.”

Flashback: An Australian woman leads Rose to see Isaac. The room is full of crutches and wheelchairs and thank-you notes from the people he’s helped. Isaac tells Rose that there is a lot of energy at this spot. Maybe geological, maybe magnetic, maybe something else. He harnesses it and shares it with others. He closes his eyes and holds his hands up near Rose’s face. Then he opens his eyes and tells her he can’t do anything for her. Rose didn’t expect him to anyway. Isaac tells her there are different types of energy. This isn’t the right place for her; he’s not sure where she’ll find the correct energy. Isaac will give Bernard a refund but Rose says no. She’s going to tell Bernard that Isaac fixed her.

Back in the jungle, it’s pouring rain. Jack wonders what Kate meant when she said The Others are sophisticated. She tells him about the medical hatch and the disguises she found in the lockers. He’s a bit upset about not finding out sooner, but then she reminds him that he was keeping Henry a secret. They arrive at the place where they previously spoke to Mr. Friendly. Jack starts yelling “I’m back! Come out if you want your man!” Kate says they’re not here. Jack continues yelling “I’m staying until you talk to me!”
    Last edited by Qboots; 04-12-2006 at 09:53 PM.

Ok, so this is our answer to the Rose / Locke connection. The island cured her of her ailment the same way it made Locke able to walk again. Oooh and she knows Locke was in a wheelchair and has been keeping it a secret!!

On the beach, Bernard is placing rocks all by himself. Rose brings him some supper. She confesses that she lied to him in Australia. Isaac didn’t fix her and she’s sorry she lied. She just didn’t want Bernard to waste the precious time they had left together. But after the plane crash, she couldn’t feel the sickness inside her anymore. Bernard thinks she may have gone back into remission or maybe Isaac really did heal her. Rose insists the island cured her. A flashback shows her sitting in the airport lounge in Australia. She drops a bottle of medication and Locke rolls over in his wheelchair and picks it up for her. (That’s how she knows for sure about the healing powers of the island – she knows Locke was crippled!) Bernard realizes that she’s afraid the cancer will come back if she leaves the island. He tells her: “If you can’t leave, I can’t leave. We won’t ever leave Rose. We didn’t get very far on the sign anyway.” They hug and cry.

In the bunker, Otis Redding’s “These Arms of Mine” is playing on the record player. Ana Lucia entered the computer code while Locke was on the beach. Locke tells her “It’s not my button”. He sits down and starts sketching again.

After dark, Eko and Charlie are still doing construction. Jin and Sun snuggle in their hut. Claire and Aaron sit by the fire. Hurley makes shadow puppets for Libby. Sawyer feeds Vincent. Rose and Bernard cuddle by the fire. In the jungle, Kate asks Jack how long he’s prepared to wait. He tells her he’s going to yell some more as soon as his voice comes back. Kate says “Maybe they can’t hear you.” Jack says “They can hear me.” Kate: “I’m sorry I kissed you.” Jack: “I’m not.” Then there’s a noise and a shadow approaches. Then a torch is visible and a voice is moaning and panting. He falls and passes out: it’s Michael! (Yay!)

I can't believe it's just you and me Qboots. Maybe everyone else is still having server problems.

+ Reply to Thread