+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Am I right in thinking that this Wednesday will be a Rose & Bernard-sentric (flashbacks)?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fanatic
    yes you are nilesgirl. go to the lost area on spoilerfix and there will be a summary.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    also it will apparently be an australian flashback according to the promo pics, and also according to the promo pics, ana-lucia is in the flashback in the airport.

If this has already been speculated, let me know where to look, but what accident caused Hurley to go into the mental institution? Maybe he was the cause of the accident involving Michael, or Shannon's dad, or Jack's wife, or maybe even why Locke wound up in the wheelchair? Anyone have any ideas?

GET LOST FOR FREE: Come May or June, ABC will offer episodes of Lost, Desperate Housewives, Alias and Commander in Chief for free on the Internet, the day after their original broadcast. The catch: Viewers can skip between "chapters" of an episode, but cannot fast-forward through embedded ads. Walt Disney Co. also announced the April 17 launch of Soapnetic, a high-speed Internet channel for soap-opera fans looking to get the scoop on adultery, mobsters and/or illegitimate children in a fraction of the time.

per tvguide.com http://www.tvguide.com/news/entertainment

LG.
    I think it was implied in the last episode that Hurley was in the mental institution because he went into a deep funk after an incident where he had stepped onto an already over-crowded porch and it collapsed, killing two of his friends. He blamed himself (and his weight) for their deaths, and according to his doctor he stopped sleeping, stopped talking, and completely stopped functioning after the accident, but he never stopped eating.

this new information adds Hurley to the list of characters who were involved in the death of someone prior to arriving at the island. I'm trying to remember who all we had on that list.

Kate - Wayne, and her friend who got killed when she was running from the law.
    Sawyer - the fake Sawyer that he killed in Australia.
    Sayid - was involved in the suicide of his friend, but also who knows what he had to do as part of the military.
    Ana Lucia - killed her rapist in cold blood.
    Eko - as a young child, he was forced to pull the trigger and kill a villager to protect his younger brother from having to do it.
    Boone - involved in the death of his nanny when he was a bratty kid.
    Jack felt guilty about his father's death, but not sure if there was anything more "direct" than that regarding dead patients or whatnot.

trying to remember if anyone else has blood on their hands prior to the island:

Charlie - can't remember any rock band ODs, but someone else might
    Shannon - ? dance class gone horribly wrong?
    Claire - ? we haven't really seen her back story in a flashback, beside when she was already on the island while pregnant and captured, have we?
    Locke - trying to remember if he was involved with a real death, not just his dad's faked death.

anyway, feel free to add more, but now Hurley is in the "killer" camp, even though he wasn't the person who built the porch not strong enough to hold a group of people, etc. But he feels guilt about it, and I think that is the emotion they are looking for, as Boone felt guilty about the nanny and I don't think he actually pushed her down the stairs, he was just being a bratty kid, etc.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

The guy AL killed wasn't her rapist. It was the suspect who shot her during an attempted apprehension. She was pregnant when the guy shot her and because he shot her, it caused her to lose her baby.
    As far as Jack: He did lose a patient on the table. The patient's daughter is the one who kissed him right before he went home and found out that Sarah was leaving him for someone else.
    Sayid was involved with several tortures and executions as part of his job in the Republican Guard.
    Jin we know was involved with several dirty dealings because of Sun's father. I think Han ended up being killed by another cronie with Jin watching because Jin wouldn't do it. But it was Han's blood that was on his sleeve when he got back home to Sun.
    We don't know anything about Libby, Bernard or Rose yet. We really don't know anything about Danielle or Desmond either. But I think you're on to something. Are we ever going to see Desmond or Danielle again? The last time we saw Danielle was when she captured the fake Henry Gale in the net. Did she go back to her little love hatch with Desmond??
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 04-10-2006 at 11:52 AM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Thanks L.G. I haven't watched all of last week's tape yet so I guess I haven't watched the part about the porch yet. Thanks for the other refresher info also!

LG.
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    The guy AL killed wasn't her rapist. It was the suspect who shot her during an attempted apprehension. She was pregnant when the guy shot her and because he shot her, it caused her to lose her baby.
    As far as Jack: He did lose a patient on the table. The patient's daughter is the one who kissed him right before he went home and found out that Sarah was leaving him for someone else.
    Sayid was involved with several tortures and executions as part of his job in the Republican Guard.
    Jin we know was involved with several dirty dealings because of Sun's father. I think Han ended up being killed by another cronie with Jin watching because Jin wouldn't do it. But it was Han's blood that was on his sleeve when he got back home to Sun.
    We don't know anything about Libby, Bernard or Rose yet. We really don't know anything about Danielle or Desmond either. But I think you're on to something. Are we ever going to see Desmond or Danielle again? The last time we saw Danielle was when she captured the fake Henry Gale in the net. Did she go back to her little love hatch with Desmond??
    You're right, nilesgirl, I had Ana Lucia's bad guy story screwed up. Also, I completely forgot that sweet-faced fisherman's son Jim was really mob muscle, so for sure he's on the list of people with a guilty conscience. Desmond and Danielle's love nest - eeewhh. Funny, but Eeewwwh.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    Wait, I don't think Han was killed. I remember the first time Jin went to speak with Han, he didn't realize his father in law meant that he was supposed to rough him up--so he politely asked Han to cooperate, and Han was so surprised at NOT getting beat up he gave Jin his daughter's prized puppy/dog. Then when Han failed to give Sun's dad preferential treatment, the father in law was furious and ordered Jin to accompany another "enforcer" to see how he should've handled it. Jin realized this guy would really hurt/kill Han so he beat up Han himself--knowing that at least he wouldn't kill him (I think he even whispered in his ear that he was saving his life).

Oh, okay.

+ Reply to Thread