+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

I just got to watch the latest episode. This is me patting myself on the back . Farther back this season in the episode where Hurley and Libby are doing laundry together, Hurley makes a comment about the washer and dryer and Libby's answer to him was to "Keep it simple". At the time, I recalled thinking (and posting... ) that that is a phrase often used by members in various support and or 12-step groups -- or more completely, KISS - keep it simple, stupid. I wasn't sure if she had been a facilitator or a member of a group, but it certainly SEEMS clearer now (nothing is as it seems with Lost).
    It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got...

Here's a brief quiz on how well you know Hurley. Everyone should get 100%! Right?
    Attachment 16899
    Dude! How well do you know Lost’s Hurley?
    Test your knowledge of the island’s laid-back millionaire

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12140528/
    Last edited by misskitty; 06-20-2006 at 06:24 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    Gutmutter - hilarious about Libby's hair color! You're so right!!

About the extras - I also found it distracting to see them so clearly in the run to the food this week, because I was wondering why we didn't know any of them better/had we seen any of them before/etc. One of them also looked like Boone to me, so I was totally distracted wondering if the producers had let Ian Somerhalder come back for a day of shooting and play an extra. I'm sure it wasn't him, but it did take my mind away from what I was watching!

ETA - I noticed that all of the food in the new shipment had the Swan logo on it - I wonder if there are similar food shipments at all of the hatches?
    Last edited by tigergirl; 04-09-2006 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by poutymouse View Post
    Twiddler I didn't even know there were Lost novels. Is this something that is actually authorized by the show?
    Yep, they are.

I've been reading Lost spoilers on thetailsection and 4815162342 for a while, so I haven't been to the FoRT. I wanted to make sure you all had seen the diary entry that's on the ABC site. If you go to ABC's Lost site and go to the 'Found' tab, then 'Lost Diary', and you'll see a 2 page diary entry of someone on the island. I thought those articles were always extras, but it sounds a lot like Rose. Check it out. It could be a little spoilery because it if is her, it would show a huge connection between her and another character we know little about:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the real Henry Gale

Here's a link right to page 1 of the diary: http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/diary/105434.html
    and page 2: http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/diary/105866.html

JR.
    I wouldn't put too much into the diary, it's most likely a "red herring". Why would they give away that kind of information? It doesn't make sense for them to put out spoilers that would be found so easily.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by charity View Post
    I've been reading Lost spoilers on thetailsection and 4815162342 for a while, so I haven't been to the FoRT. I wanted to make sure you all had seen the diary entry that's on the ABC site. If you go to ABC's Lost site and go to the 'Found' tab, then 'Lost Diary', and you'll see a 2 page diary entry of someone on the island. I thought those articles were always extras, but it sounds a lot like Rose. Check it out. It could be a little spoilery because it if is her, it would show a huge connection between her and another character we know little about:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the real Henry Gale

Here's a link right to page 1 of the diary: http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/diary/105434.html
    and page 2: http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/diary/105866.html
    On page 2 we learn what Charlie and Eko are building--that's a test of how "accurate" the diary is, as surely that will come out soon on the show... and it does seem to make sense given Eko's background.
    I guess I don't see why you think it was done by Rose, though. What did I miss?

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Hmm OK so I'm rewatching the S1 DVD, and I'm up to episode 3. Walt and Michael are sitting under a tarp while it is raining, and Michael says he will go look for Vincent when it stops raining.

Walt looks at Michael, then looks outside, then back inside at Michael. It then stops raining.

Odd, yes?

As for Libby's hair, I just thought she had heavy highlights - they don't grow out with that "racing stripe"; she does have some brown roots (I was looking, too). I wonder if Cynthia Watros will try to keep up with that "growing out" look.
    It's funny that people are writing about how distracting the background actors can be. Glad I'm not the only one! In one scene I found myself thinking "Hmmmm... is that Scott or Steve, which one was killed?''
    Hey, Bell, A cast member told an extra that they "looked familiar"? Where have we heard that before?

As an off the topic to Poutymouse - when my neighbor (when I lived in Ohio) was sightseeing in the Tetons, she was approached by someone who had license plates from the same county - turned out they lived two streets away! (sorry everyone else, that just caught my eye because I now live in Indiana.) I agree with the less Ana L. comment, although for some unfathomable reason, my husband likes her. (Well, I think I can guess one reason)
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

lol, it's funny everybody were distracted by the "extras"

when i first watched the episode i was also like wtf...who are these people

Canada Champ, it's funny the things we notice the 2nd time round...

the Walt stuff was planned, as they were trying to hint at Walt being special but alot of the other stuff is all random thoughts from the writers with no real direction at that time. They seem to build off some minute thing that might have been in an earlier episode.

I am still waiting for an explanation of the polar bears, white horse, and the infamous black smoke. amongst other things.

I am also now intrigued about the whole Libby/Hurley thing... I get the feeling the next couple episodes won't even touch on the Hurley thing... I want answers

btw, how old are the Hurley/Libby characters supposed to be...? She seems like an older more mature woman, maybe mid-30's? and I assumed Hurley was basically a kid in his 20's (a big kid)

I see someone is selling dharma peanut butter on eBay

+ Reply to Thread