+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Yeah. I asked about that a bit back but nobody bit on it.

The thing is... the person with the balloon in The Wizard of Oz was the Wizard himself, not Uncle Henry Gale. It makes me think that our mysterious friend's name might actually be Frank Morgan, like the actor who played the Wizard, or Prof. Marvel, which was the wizard's "real" name. Of course it might also be of note that the whole balloon/Prof. Marvel thing isn't in the book--it was invented for the movie. Maybe that fact translates somehow.
    I picked up on this the very first episode Henry was introduced.
    In the book, Uncle Henry is described as a man "who worked hard from morning to night and did not know what joy was"

Also in the book the Cyclone hits in the first chapter on page 3, so there is no professor marvel, or Mrs. what's her name on the bike that takes Toto.

The wizard does get to Oz by Balloon, but he is from Omaha. He became a ventroloquist and joined the circus. He became a ballonist for the circus to go up in the balloon and draw people to the circus. The balloon ropes get twisted and freed and he floats away to oz.
    His real name is never revealed and he is just called Oz, even after he is exposed as a "fraud" of sorts near the end.

We are Wizard of Oz lovers in this house. Have a lot of collectibles, teh movie, books, etc.

Originally Posted by poutymouse
    I'm sticking with my Internist husband on the clonazepam...it wouldn't be used for schizophrenia except in some atypical case. So when Hurley hulks out again don't say I didn't tell you so.

Haven't we learned that if its mentioned, theres a reason? A tenth of a second shot of a book on a desk started a feeding frenzy about the plot of said book. However I do like this theory that some marketing genius could make a fortune by mentioning this on a show like lost!

" I need to get me some of that clonazapam"

I'm thinking that one or more of the writers is taking it so that's why they used it. Like I said, I take it, I know a lot of people that take it or ativan or xanax, all used for anxiety and from what we hear, that being in Hollywood is very stressful, blah, blah, blah, so it wouldn't surprise me if the writers aren't all taking it for sleep/anxiety/ panic, etc.
    Last edited by MRD; 04-08-2006 at 10:06 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Twiddler - what are the Lost novels? Can you explain, please?
    Basically, they are about survivors we haven't met. They have all the regular characters, too, except for the tailies. There's three so far: Endangered Species, Secret Identity, and Signs of Life (which I just got Thursday )

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/078...lance&n=283155

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/078...lance&n=283155

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/078..._encoding=UTF8
    Last edited by Twiddler; 04-08-2006 at 10:27 AM.

I totally bought into the David guy. My thinking if Jack can see his Dad why can't Hurley see a friend? Libby at the end was great, at first I thought is she stalking him following him from Austrailia? I sure hope this whole show is not in his mind! That will be disapointing.

Here is a great article - posters everywhere unite!

http://www.clickz.com/experts/brand/...le.php/3597396

What I find impossible to believe is that, at this point in the show, TPTB are giving out more answers than they had planned!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by laura302 View Post
    I totally bought into the David guy. My thinking if Jack can see his Dad why can't Hurley see a friend? Libby at the end was great, at first I thought is she stalking him following him from Austrailia? I sure hope this whole show is not in his mind! That will be disapointing.
    Arggh! What happened in the last few seconds? My vcr cut off! I got cut right after Libby says it insulting to say she's imaginary. I know from people's comments that there is one more scene in the hospital, but I still don't know how Libby got him off the cliff. Did she kiss him? Hold out her hand? say something else? And then what happened in the hospital?
    By the way, in the picture with No Dave, the plate that used to have celery had cake on it I thought. So Hurley was hallucinating his diet.

Here is an updated list of the nicks Sawyer used on this past week's episode ("Dave") of Lost. He called Charlie Tattoo and babynapper (that last one was a little cruel) and he called Libby Moonbeam. There you go.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Sorry for the double post but after reading the transcripts for "Dave" again, I found another nickname that Sawyer used for Hurley. He called him Deep-dish. As far as Hurley hulking out on Sawyer i think it was more because he was tired of Sawyer (and other people) treating him like he's crazy than for the nicknames.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    I don't think Libby was undercover...she looked quite drugged in the shot. However Gutmutter has a good point! Her hair was brown in the institute! Since she was with the tailies, I doubt she could have bargained with Sawyer for hair dye! My daughter has brown hair that turns blonde in the summer sun, but thats takes awhile, and hasn't libby been blonde since we first saw her? Hmmm. Well maybe we're supposed to believe she is a natural blonde and she dyed her hair that dingy brown.

Twiddler I didn't even know there were Lost novels. Is this something that is actually authorized by the show?

How bad it must suck to be an extra on the island! I was thinking that when the survivors were clamoring for food this past episode. Poor actors are probably thinking that there are only a few dozen survivors and that you would think they would get SOME camera time. You just never see ANY of them! I would imagine that all stories are related, not just Jack/Kate/Sawyer/Sayid/Jin/Sun/Claire/Charlie/Hurley/Locke etc. How many extra survivors are there that we haven't met yet. Qboots I'm sure you can tell me in detail. Who we've met and how many people we've actually seen in shots. The show is the best show I've ever seen, but it DOES bother me that no one has ever went out and found out who the other passengers are (except when Hurley was checking the manifest). When I went to Indiana and saw someone with a Pennsylvania plate on their car I started a conversation. My husband will start talking to anyone from Pakistan that he meets. At the very least you would think some of the survivors (other than Sawyer) would have been suspicious of Sayid. Oh well. Lets get less Ana Lucia and find some other survivor with an interesting back story.

I do think that the countdown has something to do with the magnet. Not quite sure what to make of it, but just wanted to agree with whomever had posted it.
    Do I look like a dumb blonde to you? Ha! the joke's on you because I'm not as smart as I look.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by poutymouse View Post
    How bad it must suck to be an extra on the island! I was thinking that when the survivors were clamoring for food this past episode. Poor actors are probably thinking that there are only a few dozen survivors and that you would think they would get SOME camera time. You just never see ANY of them! I would imagine that all stories are related, not just Jack/Kate/Sawyer/Sayid/Jin/Sun/Claire/Charlie/Hurley/Locke etc. How many extra survivors are there that we haven't met yet. Qboots I'm sure you can tell me in detail. Who we've met and how many people we've actually seen in shots. The show is the best show I've ever seen, but it DOES bother me that no one has ever went out and found out who the other passengers are (except when Hurley was checking the manifest). When I went to Indiana and saw someone with a Pennsylvania plate on their car I started a conversation. My husband will start talking to anyone from Pakistan that he meets. At the very least you would think some of the survivors (other than Sawyer) would have been suspicious of Sayid. Oh well. Lets get less Ana Lucia and find some other survivor with an interesting back story.
    in one of our local newspapers here in hawaii...had an article about an autograph session and involved an "extra".

well, in the article, one person who was in line is an "extra" on the show. a female extra. she said that she wanted to get autographs from them because all extras are pretty much told not to bother the regular cast. that they are just behind the scenes extra. the only time they interact with cast if the script calls for it. other than that, she said that she chatted with them while she got their autograph and said one of them mentioned she looked familiar.

right now, i highly doubt we will see more of the other "extra survivors" because of the high count of "regular" casts. there are like what - about 15 casts members and several others with more air time like danielle, now henry, rose&bernard...

we'll just see them for a few seconds through out the show walking, talking, sitting amongst themselves.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

I personally find it distracting to see any extras prominently (like we saw in this week's episode) because of the fact that we don't anything about them. It's weird. So I'd rather they be waaay in the background so it doesn't take away from my involvement in the story.

+ Reply to Thread