+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

LG.
    I guess I can see that, and I think in a "normal" life situation it would make sense and be therapuetic to toss the tempting food around. But Hurley's character (more than many of the stars) is very aware of his fellow castaways and their problems. He doesn't just stay by himself in the bunker and seems to hang out with many of the red-shirts and talks to everyone. He knows that others haven't been sneaking on Dharma chocolates the last couple of weeks and could have really used that food. I just found it really odd that he never even comptemplated that other castaways could have wanted it. But again, you're right that he is fighting a food addiction, so he probably was more focused on his own fight than the hunger of others.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

The whole family was watching and that was what we were yelling at the screen too, "Don't waste that food, you're on an island full of people who don't have any!!"

Plus, when Sawyer just tossed that Oreo away because it did not separate properly, it seemed wasteful too. The real people on Survivor would never do that.

From what I got, there is still a bunker full of food. That was just Hurley's secret stash that he hid for himself. Jack, Locke, Sawyer or even Rose or Charlie could easily get more food from the hatch.
    But, yeah, that oreo thing (yet another scene I missed), that's ridiculous. I'm a big lover of Oreos and I don't care if it seperates properly or not, I'll still eat it. Sawyer, shame on you!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

If my Oreo's don't separate properly I scrape one side onto the other side. I must have a side full of creme and one side completely devoid of cream

Even, if that was a secret stash for "Hurley" he could have made a "big deal" of look what I found hiding in the jungle! FOOD! That way he would be able to give it to the others and not "have" to eat it himself.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilTwin View Post
    This episode brought to mind a Star Trek Voyager episode called Waking Moments, where members of the crew are part of a "collective dream." Boy, I hope that isn't the case on Lost.
    To me, the part of the episode when Dave was sarcastically detailing the whole plot to illustrate how ludicrous it sounded as reality and making it perfectly plausible that it was really all in Hurley's head reminded me of that scene in Total Recall where the psychiatrist is trying to convince Arnold Schwartzenegger's character of the same thing:

"What's bulls***, Mr. Quaid? That you're having a paranoid episode triggered by acute neuro-chemical trauma? Or that you're really an invincible secret agent from Mars who's the victim of an interplanetary conspiracy to make him think he's a lowly construction worker? "

I was waiting for the bead of sweat to start coming down Dave's face when he was trying to convince Hurley he wasn't real.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    From what I got, there is still a bunker full of food. That was just Hurley's secret stash that he hid for himself. Jack, Locke, Sawyer or even Rose or Charlie could easily get more food from the hatch.
    See, I didn't think there was a bunker full of food - when they originally discovered the hatch and put Hurley in charge of rationing the food, he didn't want the responsibility and so they had a feast and let everyone eat it all... and I haven't seen the rest of the survivors eating the DharmaŽ brand food since - which then wouldn't explain how they happened to have cereal for Henry before the new food supplies were found.... Am I missing something? It doesn't add up.

I also thought it was a waste of food when Hurley started pouring and dumping everything he had hidden, but I figured he didn't give it to the others because he didn't want them to know he had a secret stash.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Last night I did a quick search of Clonazepam (really, is this some sort of viral marketing on the company that makes that drug? I can see the marketers thinking "Let's make a pitch to the creators of Lost. Hurley can be on our drug & then loads of people will look up our drug on the web and ask their doctors about it. Who needs to make a tv ad that has to list all the side effects? This plan is much better." ). Anyways, one of the off-label uses was in the treatment of schizophrenia Maybe that's what he was using the drug for?
    Hee hee, nothing would surprise me, though I do think the writers would have researched the drug before they used it by name. I have no idea beyond what I posted earlier as to the drug's "role" on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Love the Henry Gale guy. Last night I was feeling sympathetic towards him. And then in the preview he looks sinister once again! Fabulous.
    I am glad to see you are coming over to the dark side
    His line about God not being able to see the island was very interesting.
    And he brought up that "bad person/good person" business.

I wish the Oreo people would come out with just the cookie part with no cream filling. It interferes with the chocolate.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

LG.
    I thought there was some conversation about how all the food in the bunker would have lasted Desmond for 3 months, but would only last x days if split between all those people, so Hurley decided to throw a party and eat it up to be "fair" to everyone and not have to be teh food police. Then we found out that Hurley kept a stash, and apparently the "keepers of the hatch" kept a little stash for themselves too, but maybe it was leftovers from the big food orgy on the beach.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
    Alrighty, two things:

1. When Hurley and Libby were destroying the food at the start of the episode, did anyone else hear a wierd ringing noise in the background?
    I KNEW I heard the sound! It remainded me some sound we heard in the hatch!

+ Reply to Thread