+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler View Post
    Maybe the Others will end up being the staff as we find out at the end that they have all ended up in a mental health facility.
    that's what I think
    You are who you are...and I wouldn't want to change a thing...- Madonna

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    But when the doc shows Hurly the picture and Daves not in it, it looks like a plate of cake and possibly potato chips. Does anyone else think so?

Not me...I thought it was a plate of celery.

Quote Originally Posted by poutymouse View Post
    Sorry for the double post but just wanted to clarify myself for cricketeen. I understood WHY Hurley was seeing Dave. I didn't understand what in Hurley's personality would precipitate the need for a "downer". Other than getting all "hulk" on Sawyer I don't see him as a violent person. He seems about the most laid back of them all. So if he was hallucinating the Clonazepam wasn't for the hallucination, it was only for agitation. Seemed a little odd that the only reason to keep giving an anti-anxiety to someone on Haldol (or similar) would be that that person is aggressive and may harm others. Just because he gets mad when called "crazy" wouldn't necessitate the need for daily downers. YOu would give the anti-anxiety only when he was actually in a fit of rage. (this again is based on the fact that doc KNEW he was seeing Dave and would have put him on anti-psychotic for that, not a downer...Conazepam has no medical relation to hallucinations, other than paradoxal...meaning a nasty side effect which would have elicitted the change of medication)
    I think I follow you; Based on your earlier explanation, I was thinking the Clonazapam was to treat the anxiety he had in relation to feeling guilty over the accident. Was he taking something for hallucinations, too? I don't remember that, so I was thinking the Dr. was using talk therapy to help Hurley get rid of "Dave" on his own.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by poutymouse View Post
    Here's the info straight from the doc on clonazepam. Anything ending in "epam" or "pam" is a valium type drug. Clonazepam would be used in treating a highly agitated person, but only in conjuction with something else for the hallucinations. Such as Haldol mixed with clonazepam. Haldol for psychosis, clonazepam to calm down the patient. It has nothing to do for hallucinations, except in a paradoxal way, meaning if you were trying to calm someone down it could possibly have the adverse reacation of making them worse.

As such I think there is something to this. It is clear that DAve was a halllucination, which meant Hurley should have been on Haldol or the like. Clonazepam would mean that hurley was being disruptive and aggressive, otherwise the haldol itself would have done the job. Sometimes when pt. is hallucinating they believe others are out to hurt them and they will try to attack or hurt that person. That doesn't seem like hurley. The mere fact that Clonazepam was mentioned by name says soemthing I think. I know hurley attacted Sawyer and that seemed out of the blue. But you would normally just give ativan or clonazepam for anxiety as needed, not everyday per se unless there was some reason to.

ANY IDEAS ON THIS?

My idea is that if the writers are paying that much attention to detail, this show is very unique!

I really liked this episode, especially the ending!

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Anyone notice how buff Jin looked last night? The guy looked like he's been benchpressing Volvos on the island!

Maybe he found that one of the hatches has a Gold's Gym in it.

I barely just caught the eps. on tape just now, man was that a good episode... i'm confused though

I haven't gotten to read the previous pages yet.

So, is Libby a figment of his imagination?

My jaw dropped twice during the eps. , 1st when the xmen doc showed Hurley the polaroid, then at the end when Libby was in the institution with Hurley...

That scene where Dave was convincing Hurley everything was in his head, talking bout the "numbers" and the fact that Libby liked him was done really good... I started thinking for a moment that the whole show was fake and built around Hurley

I have really been enjoying the eps. ever since they brought in the Henry Gayle guy. dude is sick...

Locke knows he was telling the truth because he seen the same things like the red heiroglyphics that time he was late putting the code in.

and also can they hold off on LARGE containers of ranch dressing and peanut butter...seeing globs of that stuff grosses me out

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg View Post
    I have really been enjoying the eps. ever since they brought in the Henry Gale guy. dude is sick...
    Isn't that Dorothy's uncle's name in Wizard of Oz? And he rides in on a balloon. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Beesenitch View Post
    Not me... I thought it was a plate of celery.
    I thought it was a bowl of celery, but yeah, it looked like celery to me.

I was surprised they had a "co-ed" loony bin at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    Where have I seen the guy who played "Dave" before? Anyone know who it was?
    He also played that Amnesty International lawyer in 24 last season.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvest View Post
    I was surprised they had a "co-ed" loony bin at the end.
    Maybe they keep the men and women at opposite ends of the insitution, but they are allowed to socialize for lunch in one general area?

Evan Handler is the guy who played "Dave". I know him from the movie "Ransom". He played one of the kidnappers.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread