+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by lovesrealitytv View Post
    Did we ever learn why Hurley was on the plane? Was he on his way back from meeting Leonard's wife who gave him the numbers?
    Yes and he was desperate to get on the flight to get home for his mother's birthday.

Poutymouse - This is my opinion: In the hospital, Hurley made up Dave to express his negative feelings and to avoid facing the work he had to do to get better. I think the Dr. was using therapy to get Hurley to decide it was time to fight and get better, and that when he did, Hurley would make Dave go away. On the island, Hurley brought Dave back when he could no longer deal with feeling helpless and hopeless - he couldn't admit to himself that he was feeling suicidal, and used Dave to offer a form of "rescue".

Bailygp - My all time favorite TV proposal!

Nilesgirl - Good observations on guilt. I still think the primary reason that Kate killed Wayne was that she found out her mom was sick and needed the insurance $$ for upcoming treatment. His being an S.O.B. helped with that decision but she could certainly feel guilty about doing it.

O.K., I'll be the politically incorrect one - Sawyer commenting on his "convenience store" saying "Does Sayid need a job?" - favorite line!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen
    O.K., I'll be the politically incorrect one - Sawyer commenting on his "convenience store" saying "Does Sayid need a job?" - favorite line!
    Okay where was Sayid and where was that line???? I totally missed it.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post

Thanks for stepping up to the plate!!! I know it is totally PIC, but I nearly peed my pants when he came up with that one. Niles - it was just before Hurley went Hulk on Sawyer.
    "Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by lovesrealitytv View Post
    Thanks for stepping up to the plate!!! I know it is totally PIC, but I nearly peed my pants when he came up with that one. Niles - it was just before Hurley went Hulk on Sawyer.
    Okay. Now I'll have to watch it again.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    I love Sayid (gasp, shock, surprise) and Arab men in general, and even PC me found Sawyers line about the convience store hysterical!!!! Tears were rolling down my checks I was laughing so hard!!! PC or not that was funny as h-e-double hockey sticks!!!
    Do I look like a dumb blonde to you? Ha! the joke's on you because I'm not as smart as I look.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    Here are a couple of lines from "What Kate Did":
    MARSHAL: I've got her. Kate Austen you're under arrest for murder.
    KATE: I didn't do anything.
    MARSHAL: Uh-huh, yeah you did. Your mama gave you up, Kate.
    [FLASHBACK to Kate in handcuffs in a car with the Marshal on a rainy night.]
    MARSHAL: It's a long drive back to the arraignment, you comfy [he laughs]? Why now?
    KATE: What?
    MARSHAL: Nice, corn fed farm girl like yourself -- no history of violence, straight A's, no record, couple of speeding tickets -- just got to wonder, why'd you kill him now? [Kate doesn't respond] Oh, right, yeah, don't tell me. You wouldn't want to incriminate yourself, not after you were so smart planning it. That jury back in Iowa sure ain't going to get hung up on pre-meditation. And a gas leak, come on, it's amateur hour from top to bottom.
    KATE: Sounds like you've got it all figured out.
    MARSHAL: I do have you all figured out.
    KATE: You don't know anything about me.
    MARSHAL: White trash mom divorces dad, starts up with some guy who's a drinker. He knocks her around a little bit, she marries him, because, you know, that's what happens. And then this drunk, this Wayne, he moves into your house, and you get to lay there every night and listen to him doing your mom right there in daddy's old bedroom. And even that wouldn't be so bad if he didn't beat her up all the time. But she loves him. She defends him. If that don't make a person want to kill somebody I don't know what does. But the question is now, why now? Why after all these years did you just decide to blow poor Wayne up? He come knocking on your door late at night?
    Ohhhhh....I was thinking of the farmer dude. Right, right. She did kill her dad, Wayne. Sorry. My mistake.

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    Sorry for the double post but just wanted to clarify myself for cricketeen. I understood WHY Hurley was seeing Dave. I didn't understand what in Hurley's personality would precipitate the need for a "downer". Other than getting all "hulk" on Sawyer I don't see him as a violent person. He seems about the most laid back of them all. So if he was hallucinating the Clonazepam wasn't for the hallucination, it was only for agitation. Seemed a little odd that the only reason to keep giving an anti-anxiety to someone on Haldol (or similar) would be that that person is aggressive and may harm others. Just because he gets mad when called "crazy" wouldn't necessitate the need for daily downers. YOu would give the anti-anxiety only when he was actually in a fit of rage. (this again is based on the fact that doc KNEW he was seeing Dave and would have put him on anti-psychotic for that, not a downer...Conazepam has no medical relation to hallucinations, other than paradoxal...meaning a nasty side effect which would have elicitted the change of medication)
    Do I look like a dumb blonde to you? Ha! the joke's on you because I'm not as smart as I look.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    More Sawyer nicks tonight. He called (I think) Charlie Tattoo, he called Libby "Moonbeam" and there was another nickname, too. I just can't remember. Then of course you have Hurley "hurling" (get it?) all the nicknames that Sawyer's ever called him back in his face. That was priceless.
    Just reminding...I always said Hurley hated those nicknames, and that it was cruel of Sawyer to mock him for being fat....

I finally got to watch the show today. When the doctor took the picture of Hurly and Dave, Hurley was eating a plate of celery. But when the doc shows Hurly the picture and Daves not in it, it looks like a plate of cake and possibly potato chips. Does anyone else think so? My TV doesn't have the best picture and my eyesight isn't that great either.

The part I got a good laugh about was when Hurly was beating up Sawyer and Jin comes out of the tent and then starts laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN View Post
    he ain't making the stuff up...other than Smilin' Dave
    I mean why did he make the polar bears show up because I'm taking this as all this is happening in Hurley's mind.
    You are who you are...and I wouldn't want to change a thing...- Madonna

+ Reply to Thread