+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

I started thinking it was Hurley imagining everything when I saw the big picture of an island on the wall behind Hurley when he was in Dr Brooks office. And I started asking my husband if this means the show is almost over. Are they wrapping things up already? I just don't know what to think, but I got goose bumps when they showed Libby taking her meds at the end in the mental hospital. Hmmmmmmmmm.........
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

So since Libby was in the mental hospital, does this mean we can definitely take her off the "others" list?

Also, I believe that Kate was telling Jack that she was sorry she kissed him, but I am sure that this is just a piece of a long conversation.

I loved when Sawyer called Libby "Moonbeam" and he asked if everyone wanted to sing "Kum-ba-yah" and do "trust falls"

This episode brought to mind a Star Trek Voyager episode called Waking Moments, where members of the crew are part of a "collective dream." Boy, I hope that isn't the case on Lost.
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by octobergirl View Post
    I started thinking it was Hurley imagining everything when I saw the big picture of an island on the wall behind Hurley when he was in Dr Brooks office. And I started asking my husband if this means the show is almost over. Are they wrapping things up already? I just don't know what to think, but I got goose bumps when they showed Libby taking her meds at the end in the mental hospital. Hmmmmmmmmm.........
    I didn't even notice the picture of the ISLAND on the wall in doc's office!

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    I was glad to hear Henry's explanation of seeing the hyroglyphs and letting the timer run out (haven't we seen the hyroglyphs once before when it almost ran out on Jack?) The explanation he gave seems to jive with my dilemma about the timing that was bothering me during the last episode. YAY! I always like it when we find out that things are intentional and not mistakes on the part of the producers!

Observation: Whereas before, the show seemed to be dealing a lot with the need for redemption, after watching it last night, it seems like now it's more about misplaced guilt and blame. Here is what I've observed throught the seasons:
    Kate: Feels guilty and blames herself for her friend Tom dying and for killing Wayne (even though the Wayne thing was more to protect herself and her mother and Tom only died because of the police)
    Jack: Feels guilty and blames himself for his father's death even though it wasn't his fault.
    Sawyer: Feels guilty about his parents' deaths even though it wasn't his fault.
    Jin: Feels guilty about the things that Sun's father made him do.
    Sun: Feels guilty about wanting to leave Jin (which wouldn't have happened if Jin hadn't hurt her so many times emotionally, mentally and physically)
    Michael: Feels guilty about not being a father to Michael when he was born even though it wasn't his fault but the fault of his selfish ex-wife.
    Shannon: Maybe she felt guilty about acting like a spoiled brat all the time and she may have felt like she wasn't a good enough daughter to her father before he died.
    Boone: Feels guilty about not being more tolerant and a better brother to Shannon instead of lusting after her like a sick freak from "Cruel Intentions"
    Hurley: Feels guilty and blames himself for his friends' deaths even though (just like the doctor said) the deck would've collapsed whether Hurley stepped out there or not.
    Locke: feels guilty about lying to Helen and feels guilty about allowing himself to be taken in by his conman father.
    Sayid: Feels guilty about all the things he used to do when he was in the "Republican Guard" and for his friend's death in the van.
    There you go. That's all I can think of. We don't know anything about the other characters yet except
    Ekko: Feels guilty about what happened to his brother and his friends even though technically it wasn't his fault. He was forced into that life when he was a child.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Good episode, mostly because Hurley just tugs on the old heart strings. I still don't know what to think of Libby. I wasn't surprised that she was a patient, but now that it has been established, I am inclined to wonder if maybe she was planted there by Dharma to observe Leonard and/or Hurley. Something about their interaction just didn't sit well with me. She seemed to be "studying" him almost as much as she was trying to be a friend. It seemed much too clinical. And I was REALLY bothered by the fact that they dumped all the food out! Any rational person would distribute the food to the rest of the group, or at least give it to Sun, who needs to eat well during her pregnancy. This leads me to believe that either Libby really is fruit loop or she is Dharma, and knows that there is food for everyone.

I knew Dave was a hallucination right away, when Hurley said that he was the sanest one in the hospital. It was confirmed for me when nobody would throw him the basketball and he started talking to Hurley about food. I enjoyed the little plot twist when Dave told Hurley that this was all a hallucination. If this was anyone's hallucination it would have to be Hurley's because of the numbers being everywhere, but like Libby said, there is too much that Hurley does not know that are valid plot points and character development. Props to the writers for addressing a popular Lost theory though.

Here's a question I have: Does anyone know where Danielle Rosseau came across the numbers, and how she knows that they are cursed? She admitted to never having seen the hatch before. How does she know about them, and why did she write them on that paper?
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    Kate: and for killing Wayne (even though the Wayne thing was more to protect herself and her mother and Tom only died because of the police)
    Wayne's not dead, though. Kate saved him instead of escaping, which was how the Marshall caught her.

Quote Originally Posted by JFlo View Post
    Here's a question I have: Does anyone know where Danielle Rosseau came across the numbers, and how she knows that they are cursed? She admitted to never having seen the hatch before. How does she know about them, and why did she write them on that paper?
    She and her team heard the numbers on their radio which lead them to crashing on the island. She found the radio tower where the transmission was coming from and changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
    Wayne's not dead, though. Kate saved him instead of escaping, which was how the Marshall caught her.
    Here are a couple of lines from "What Kate Did":
    MARSHAL: I've got her. Kate Austen you're under arrest for murder.
    KATE: I didn't do anything.
    MARSHAL: Uh-huh, yeah you did. Your mama gave you up, Kate.
    [FLASHBACK to Kate in handcuffs in a car with the Marshal on a rainy night.]
    MARSHAL: It's a long drive back to the arraignment, you comfy [he laughs]? Why now?
    KATE: What?
    MARSHAL: Nice, corn fed farm girl like yourself -- no history of violence, straight A's, no record, couple of speeding tickets -- just got to wonder, why'd you kill him now? [Kate doesn't respond] Oh, right, yeah, don't tell me. You wouldn't want to incriminate yourself, not after you were so smart planning it. That jury back in Iowa sure ain't going to get hung up on pre-meditation. And a gas leak, come on, it's amateur hour from top to bottom.
    KATE: Sounds like you've got it all figured out.
    MARSHAL: I do have you all figured out.
    KATE: You don't know anything about me.
    MARSHAL: White trash mom divorces dad, starts up with some guy who's a drinker. He knocks her around a little bit, she marries him, because, you know, that's what happens. And then this drunk, this Wayne, he moves into your house, and you get to lay there every night and listen to him doing your mom right there in daddy's old bedroom. And even that wouldn't be so bad if he didn't beat her up all the time. But she loves him. She defends him. If that don't make a person want to kill somebody I don't know what does. But the question is now, why now? Why after all these years did you just decide to blow poor Wayne up? He come knocking on your door late at night?
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 04-06-2006 at 12:25 PM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread