+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

MRD
    I take Clonazepam or Klonipin (brand name) and I take it for panic/anxiety.

I know another person that takes it for restless leg syndrome and another that takes it to control his seizures.

I have never heard of it given for hallucinations. Seems like they'd have him on something heavy duty because Klonipin isn't all that heavy duty.
    It's like ativan or Xanax. I mean, I can take it and drive so its not like it puts me out or anything. Just calms down the anxiety. But I take 1 mg., my friend with seizures takes 4 mg.

I'm thinking that in the mental hospital if you are having the problems hurley had, wouldn't they have him on thorazine or anti psychotic meds instead of Klonipan?
    Crap, half the people I know take some form of anti anxiety drug like ativan or xanax or klonipin. It's like todays prozac.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    I totally loved that episode, even if Sayid was only in it for a minute. Wasn't it discussed before that Libby was a patient not a psychologist? I think the people posting here are total geniuses. Had it not been discussed before I don't think I would have seen that coming!

I certainly hope this isn't going to end up being some coma dream (like the first few episodes of Soprano's...enough already). I know that it was clear that DAve was never real, therefore he never could have escaped out the window...but still I hope they don't go down that road.
    Do I look like a dumb blonde to you? Ha! the joke's on you because I'm not as smart as I look.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Nope. You're hallucinating. Get some Clonazepam.

Dave only asked if Hurley had used Leonard's numbers, and where else those numbers had appeared.

Thanks Q - See what happens when you watch lost and a hundred other things are going on in the same room? Damn kids! LOL
    "Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." John Lennon

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    Here's the info straight from the doc on clonazepam. Anything ending in "epam" or "pam" is a valium type drug. Clonazepam would be used in treating a highly agitated person, but only in conjuction with something else for the hallucinations. Such as Haldol mixed with clonazepam. Haldol for psychosis, clonazepam to calm down the patient. It has nothing to do for hallucinations, except in a paradoxal way, meaning if you were trying to calm someone down it could possibly have the adverse reacation of making them worse.

As such I think there is something to this. It is clear that DAve was a halllucination, which meant Hurley should have been on Haldol or the like. Clonazepam would mean that hurley was being disruptive and aggressive, otherwise the haldol itself would have done the job. Sometimes when pt. is hallucinating they believe others are out to hurt them and they will try to attack or hurt that person. That doesn't seem like hurley. The mere fact that Clonazepam was mentioned by name says soemthing I think. I know hurley attacted Sawyer and that seemed out of the blue. But you would normally just give ativan or clonazepam for anxiety as needed, not everyday per se unless there was some reason to.

ANY IDEAS ON THIS?
    Do I look like a dumb blonde to you? Ha! the joke's on you because I'm not as smart as I look.

I missed Sayid. I thought the funniest part was when Hurley "Hulked out" on Sawyer and started shoving all those nicknames back in his face. That was awesome. Where have I seen the guy who played "Dave" before? Anyone know who it was? And yes. When Dave asked "You seen 'em anywhere else?" He was referring to the numbers. Not Leonard. So happy Hurley's finally gonna get some lovin'. I felt so bad when they showed him talking to the doc about the accident that killed 2 of his friends. You could tell he was just heartbroken over the whole thing. I know people who use food (or at least used to) as a form of "therapy". Whenever they feel sad or angry or scared, they turn to food for "comfort". Libby was so sweet to him.
    On the previews for next week who was Kate saying "I'm sorry I kissed you" to? Jack or Sawyer? Good to see Ekko back again too.
    More Sawyer nicks tonight. He called (I think) Charlie Tattoo, he called Libby "Moonbeam" and there was another nickname, too. I just can't remember. Then of course you have Hurley "hurling" (get it?) all the nicknames that Sawyer's ever called him back in his face. That was priceless.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Well, having already been fooled once watching "A Beautiful Mind" there was no way that I was going to be taken again. Kept waiting for the reveal, and was not the least surprised to see Libby there in the institution. I was surprised that "Henry" didn't fess up, I really expected him to spill his guts there; and am now a little disappointed that I still don't know the answer...... Who are these Other people?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    Well, having already been fooled once watching "A Beautiful Mind" there was no way that I was going to be taken again. Kept waiting for the reveal, and was not the least surprised to see Libby there in the institution. I was surprised that "Henry" didn't fess up, I really expected him to spill his guts there; and am now a little disappointed that I still don't know the answer...... Who are these Other people?
    I'd be happy if he'd just tell us his real name. I don't want to call him Henry any more, I feel bad for the real Henry.

You mentioned "A Beautiful Mind" and I was thinking about "The Sixth Sense". How nobody acknowledged Bruce Willis. No wonder no one would pass Dave the basketball.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    Maybe the Others will end up being the staff as we find out at the end that they have all ended up in a mental health facility.

FORT Newbie
    The guy playing Dave was Charlotte's second husband (the lawyer) on Sex and the City.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Just finished watching the ep, and I gotta say, it's tied with Numbers for Best Hurley Episode. I know, there's only been 3 episodes, but still, it was good.

I think Dave was ALL just in Hurley's head, and Hurley IS a little crazy still. This would explain the part of him (Dave) that wants to get Hurley to believe the island is all fake.

And for the record, I figured out Dave was imaginary early on, before the basketball scene, when Hurley and the Doc were talking. 'Crazy' people tend to create personas of things inside them and then pretend they are actual people.

The CTV preview actually showed a little more this time than the ABC preview. In the CTV preview, it showed Bernard telling the Losties that they have been stranded on the island and that no one seems to want to go home. It seems like he'll have a plan to do something next week. Rose is against his plan, as she thinks it will give people false hope. Kind of strange, as both Rose and Bernard will acquire one another's belief systems (Rose always had hope for Bernard, while Bernard did not know for sure if Rose was alive, back when they first crashed).

And in the CTV preview, it shows Locke laying on the ground (perhaps with a pad and paper, not 100% sure on that tho) looking at the map WITH THE DARKLIGHT ON. This means he lets the timer reach 0!

In tonight's ep, Henry said he heard a magnet sound when it reached 0. My theory is that every time the reaches 0, the magnet we saw early on in this season activates, and creates a big magnetic pull.

+ Reply to Thread