+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 520 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090140 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    The magnetic force pulling Jack's keys might well be a gigantic generator. It also may have been what pulled the plane to the island. Are the injections used to protect Desond from the radiation created by the "generator"?

The theory of Desmond have similar powers to Walt is a good one.

The opening scene was all in one time sequence.

The island's power likely predates Desmond's underground habitat because of the mysterious Black Rock.

I don't think this has been mentioned but in USA Today last week, there was an article about the upcoming season of Lost. It said
    Click to see Spoiler:
    of the three on the raft, only 2 would return and that sharks were involved
    . I tried to use spoiler tags for those that would think this to be a spoiler...hope it worked!

Great theories everyone! And we've picked up some newbies!

Welcome to FORT auntie sunshine and xjeff99!

Glad to hear you're going to watch the season 1 eps, Jeff. (And p.s. - Qboots is a "she". Hence my intense drooling over Locke & Sawyer. )

Nice to hear that ABC is going to rerun the season premiere.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Newbie
    Hi all, This is my first ever post in a forum, but I thought your forum looks to be the best ive visited, really good ideas you all have. Ive got an idea of my own about desmond and the hatch, I put it as a spoiler just in case

The whole hatch / desmond thing is something called a dead man switch, where a person is kept in an impenetrable bunker and has to enter a code into a computer at timed intervals to prevent a major event happening ie a load of nuclear missiles destroying the earth in case of alien invasion or something, he could therefore be injecting himself and have been training to be superfit and the healthiest person to stay down there for the rest of his days . . .

just a thought??
    Last edited by hepcat; 09-24-2005 at 10:59 PM. Reason: removed spoiler tags - speculation is fine, phoenix! :)

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Good to see you, Phoenix. Good theory too. It's great to hear from new people once in a while about different ideas.
    Hmm, interesting, Livvy. Well I'm about 95% sure that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    none of the 3 will actually be killed, because I've read spoilers from the 4th episode (posted today actually) that say the 3 of them are alive, but captured of some sort. Here's the full spoiler:

09/24 - Disturbing memories from Hurley's past cause him to struggle with a task he's assigned inside the hatch. Meanwhile Sawyer, Michael and Jin discover the identities of their captors, and Claire uncovers a shocking piece of information about the fate of the raft. Source: ABC

FORT Fogey
    There is only one thing I'm afaraid of.

With all this anticipation and excitement I hope the writers will not end the series with a LAME explanation of the whole thing.

Not that I want it to end soon...

FORT Newbie
    One thing to consider with the raft people is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    there isn't any raft since the others blew it up????

Some ideas/reminders about Desmond. When he was seen in the stadium, running next to Jack, he was immensely faster than Jack and Jack was not a sloucher. To me, its obvious that he was super-human somehow. Steroids?

On the other hand of ideas is the reminder that Danielle mentioned that all others died of the illness. Does Desmond shoot himself with an antidote every day and is this why the island is under quarantine?

Can you get to the underground environment through some other device, transport than across the ocean? Is this why Desmond lives there...and yet believes outside the hatch is under quarantine? Is this why the mechanical contraptions come up and out of the holes at the hands of a person manipulating some controls?

Is Desmond the Wizard of Oz? Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain?
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    The numbers are driving me crazy...I can't figure it out!
    I think that the numbers are the most fascinating part of the puzzle! I noticed at the ABC site that the numbers are featured very prominently right under the cast picture - it must mean that they're going to be important (as opposed to just being something to keep the faithful intrigued) as we go forward.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I will try my first kinda sorta spoiler alert...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I read in STAR magazine (i know, it's a tabloid, so who knows) that only 2 of the 3 raft people survive. I have a feeling they're going to kill Jin off, because then they can explore Sun's relationship with Michael. I know that when they were casting the show, Yun Jin Kim originally was up for the role of Kate. They didn't think she was right for that role but liked her so much they wrote the part of Sun for her, and Daniel Dae Kim has said he got his job 'cause they wanted Sun to be married. So, if the makers of the show value her more (and who knows if they do), I would think Jin is more dispensable. That would make me sad. I like him.

Yay, it worked!

+ Reply to Thread