+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Very interesting ep tonight...liked what we have learned about Hurley and "Dave". Also, that the faux Henry Gale had to say about the Others.
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

LOL Squatman at your location! Go Hurley!!

I knew Dave was a crock of crap! I just knew it! So, what happened that killed a bunch of people? Didn't one of his companies burn or something?

I love this conversation going on between Hurley and Dave. It feels like a frustrated fan chastising Damon for all of these annoying twists and convoluted tie-ins.

Flashback: Dave wakes Hurley up. Hurley says “You’re a hallucination.” So Dave slaps him, twice. He tells Hurley that Brooks must have doctored the photo. In the hallway there’s a plate of someone’s leftover lasagna. Hurley helps himself. In the stairwell they wait for the security guard to move off. They sneak into the common room and Hurley unlocks the window with keys he took from Brooks’ desk. Dave goes out, but Hurley doesn’t follow and refuses to believe Dave is real. “You don’t want me to get better. You want me to stay fat.” Dave says if Hurley doesn’t leave now he’ll never get out of that place. Hurley says “Bye” and locks the window back up.

Back in the woods, Hurley has his eyes closed, hoping Dave will disappear. But he’s still there and he wants his slipper back. He tells Hurley it will get worse before it gets better. Asks Hurley how he got out of the hospital. Hurley says Dr. Brooks released him when he admitted Dave was imaginary. Went back home and got a job at Mr. Cluck’s. Dave tells him that none of that happened. He’s still at Santa Rosa – in a coma – and he’s dreaming the island. Hurley says “But I won the lottery!” Dave says “What numbers did you use? Leonard’s, right? What a coincidence. And where else are those numbers?” Hurley says they’re on the side of the hatch, and they’re the code to the computer. Dave nods knowingly and asks how Hurley can spend 2 months on a deserted island and not lose 10 pounds. And how is it possible a hot blonde like Libby would be interested in him? Dave tells Hurley that the island and everybody on it is part of Hurley’s subconscious. “It’s time to wake up.” He leads Hurley to the edge of a high cliff. “Step off here and you’ll come out of your coma. Then come and find me. See you in another life.” Dave falls backward off the cliff.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

now, do we believe this episode or is Hurley just having a hallucination here? I'm more confuzzled.
    You are who you are...and I wouldn't want to change a thing...- Madonna

Woo! Woo! Woo! Woo! Go Hurley! Woo! Woo! Woo! Woo!

Locke is on crutches and has a splint on his leg. Ana Lucia cleans a pistol. She tells Locke that Jack has gone to the beach to tell everyone about their hostage. Locke wants to talk to Henry. A/L says no but Locke insists. Inside the armory Locke asks what the man’s real name is, but he still wants to be called Henry. Locke asks if he got caught in the net on purpose. “You people have been here god knows how long…..” Henry says “God doesn’t know. He can’t see this place any better than the rest of the world. Why would I get caught on purpose? This place is a joke.” Then he goes on to explain how he didn’t get to the computer in time. It counted down to zero and the red hieroglyphics appeared. Then there was a loud clunking and a hum, like a big magnet. It was very frightening, but then……nothing. The timer went back to 108. He never pressed any keys. Locke thinks he’s lying but Henry says he’s done lying.

Hurley looks down from the cliff and calls out for Dave. Libby appears and asks “Who’s Dave?” Hurley is suspicious of how she found him. She says Jin spotted him from the beach and Sun told her where to find him. Hurley tells Libby “You’re not real. You don’t want me to wake up. But I’m not scared. I killed 2 people and I have an imaginary friend.” He starts backing up. Libby thinks he’s having a panic attack. Hurley: “No. This isn’t real. In real life a girl like you wouldn’t like me. That’s why I thought I knew you from somewhere. I made you up.” Libby asks him what was the name of the man with the broken leg on the tailies beach on the day of the plane crash. Hurley doesn’t know. Libby says it was Donald. She buried him and several others. “You didn’t know that because it happened to me. Don’t tell me you made me up. It’s insulting.” Hurley asks her if he was holding a slipper on the beach this morning. She didn’t see one. She holds Hurley’s face and tells him “We’re both real. My feelings for you are real.” Then she kisses him. He asks her to do it one more time so he can be sure. Libby says “Ready to go back?” Hurley: “Do you really think I can change?” Libby: “Yeah. I do.”

Flashback: We’re back to where Dr. B is telling Hurley and “Dave” to move closer together for the photo. But Hurley just has his arm around an empty chair. The camera pans over to another table where the nurse is giving a brunette her meds. It’s Libby!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

What a sweet kiss and wonderful ending! How spooky

Wow, who knew the crazy people would meet! That is an insane ending.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    I said it before - she's after his cash

+ Reply to Thread