+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 520 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989139 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea
    My hubby brought up an intersting point,when Jack was talking to Sara right before he was to operate,he thought that Jack was hallicanating. She should not have been awake at that point. Don't know if that is true or not. Are doctors even allowed to be in the prep room? Don't know I've never had sugery,but my husband has.
    I've had surgery several times and was awake in the operating room talking to my doctor until they put me out. I don't think it would have been uncommon for Jack to have been there. What did strike me as uncommon is that he should have been gloved before even going in the operating room. I also used to work for a doctor/surgeon.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Kristen had a spoiler
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I don't remember the exact wording, but it was something about you can't see it, but it is everywhere. Well that describes electricmagnetic fields (EMF), present everywhere but are invisible to the naked eye. The earth's magnetic field causes a compass needle to orient in a North-South direction.
    We saw the key on Jack's neck being lifted up, drawn to what was behind the door - so whatever is behind the door, is IMO, one monster EMF. I don't know much about this, but am wondering if the others are able to manipulate it to achieve various effects on the island???

Thank god its back on! Melissab73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    I've had surgery several times and was awake in the operating room talking to my doctor until they put me out. I don't think it would have been uncommon for Jack to have been there. What did strike me as uncommon is that he should have been gloved before even going in the operating room. I also used to work for a doctor/surgeon.
    I'm positive they used it to sort of "buffer" the moment, take up some time, make him look busy .... that sort of thing. I work for a Neurologist and he doesn't glove up until he walks into the operating room but he does it before he speaks with the patients.

FORT Fan
    this is my story if you want to read about it, if not you can skip over it, that's why i spoiler tagged it.

Click to see Spoiler:
    okay so here's my story. my housemate asked me to DVR Lost this past wednesday, but he thought it was at 8 so he had me DVR the 8pm show cuz we wouldn't be around. So we actually taped the recap instead of the premiere (he wanted me to tape the premeire cuz he loves Lost). So I ended up watching the recap and got so intrigured I wanted to know more (I never watched an episode last season at all, always wanted to but was never around). So i went online to the oceanicflight815 website and took about 3-4 hours and read all the character bios and episodes for the first season and what not. [mod edit] Still didn't see the premiere but I read on here from QBoots (THANK YOU) his recaps at commercial breaks and that got me hyped up. My friend had his tape running on the show for the first 20 minutes so I got to see up to where Locke was about to go back into the jungle with the rope/wire thing.

After watching and rewatching the first scene of the episode, and after reading all the stuff on here this is my conclusion...

The beginning scene was Desmond back at his home in 198X, whatever year around then. And that when we see Desmond at the telescope, it is present time. The reason behind this is that as you can see those numbers were on his prescription drugs he injected. Don't you think that maybe the reason he's on the island is because of those numbers? and because he was taking medicine to cure ___whatever___, that that is what brought him to the island? Maybe he was part of Danielle's group and disbanded from everyone else, found a place to hide and protect himself and has been living down there, trying to survive if anything tried to come at him.

I just think (since again, I didn't see the whole episode, i'm going on from what i saw in the first 20 minutes and what I read on here) that this might be the case, and since I haven't seen it written in this thread yet, I figured I would point it out. Just another theory to throw out there.

P.S.: just rereading this and thinking that maybe that medicine is from the company/organization he worked for (the symbol on the wall/suit) and that when he typed in the numbers on the keyboard and hit enter, it was kind of like an alarm from the headquarters telling him to wake up, take the medicine and report back to them. Again, just another thing throwing out there. If any of this makes sense, let me know, thanks.
    Last edited by hepcat; 09-24-2005 at 06:52 PM. Reason: removed reference to illegal activity not condoned here; read the FAQ

Has anyone ever considered that maybe they're all on the island because they're all dealing with a death?

Jack's dad died, Hurley's grandfather died, Kate's friend, Tom, died, Shannon's dad died (if he's the one in the hospital when Sarah was brought in), Sayid's lifelong friend died.

This is just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by jette66
    Has anyone ever considered that maybe they're all on the island because they're all dealing with a death?

Jack's dad died, Hurley's grandfather died, Kate's friend, Tom, died, Shannon's dad died (if he's the one in the hospital when Sarah was brought in), Sayid's lifelong friend died.

This is just a thought.
    Interesting theory...did anyone close to Sun die?
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    Interesting theory...did anyone close to Sun die?
    Suncat!!! Long time no see! I don't know about anyone close to Sun, but didn't Jin's dad end up dieing?

Lea
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    Thanks for sharing your info on this point. The fact that Jack had his gloves on is what peaked my husbands interest too. Nothing in that scene seamed strange to me.

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    I just saw on the ABC site that they're running the season premiere again next Wednesday at 8:00 before the second episode at 9:00. I'm so excited! After reading what everyone else saw in the first episode, maybe now I'll get to see them too!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jette66
    Suncat!!! Long time no see! I don't know about anyone close to Sun, but didn't Jin's dad end up dieing?
    I don't think he's dead. The only scene I remember of his dad is when Jin goes back to visit him and tells him he's sorry for being embarrassed by him and that he had told everyone he was dead...And the father forgives him and tells him to take Sun to America and start a new life away from her evil father!

Although maybe him pretending his father was dead works into the theory?

Before I read all these posts, I got the impression that the opening scene of the episode Wed. was Desmond in his high tech apt. from the 1980's or so...but then unless he liked oldies, he wouldn't have been listening to Mama Cass. And then I thought he created his hatch to look as much like it as possible. But after reading all the insights here, I think it was his home away from home in the hatch all along...

The numbers are driving me crazy...I can't figure it out!

BTW, after seeing the horrible rug on Jack's head in the flashbacks, it just made me appreciate the wigs in the LORD OF THE RINGS films that much more...Legolas and Aragorn's hair looked real...

+ Reply to Thread