+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT!!!

I thought Locke's flashback with Nadia was a bit strange. Only because all other flashbacks where there were crossovers were so brief you needed to be paying attention...unless you're Qboots. Kates mom was like a 5 second shot if that, Kates dad with Sayid in background wasn't even visible unless you had hi def. Jack in the hospital when Shannons dad came in was a second. Maybe its just me...but it seemed like it was a more blantant crossover. The accent alone was going to give it away that this was Nadia, but then it was like 30 seconds.

So what was up with the diagram on the blast doors? And how in the world did the supplies get there????? If it was parachuted in then why didn't ANYONE on the island hear a plane???? After months on the island you would think that any sound that was out of the ordinary was going to draw attention. Forget about a plane engine or flashing lights!

I saw the Henry Gale thing coming and told my husband that I thought there would be a parachute and a grave because otherwise "other" henry wouldn't have given that info. So I shall pat myself on the back...I caught the Nadia crossover and the Henry Gale switch. So out of 30 some episodes I have now caught onto whopping 2 things!
    Do I look like a dumb blonde to you? Ha! the joke's on you because I'm not as smart as I look.

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    I'm still waiting for some brave soul to capture the image Locke saw on the door!!

Details anyone?

(Originally posted at http://www.thetailsection.com)

...and in case you were interested, the drivers' license read:
    Henry Gale
    815 * Walnut Ridge Road
    Wayzata MN 55391
    Wayzata is a city in Minnesota, according to Google Maps. "Walnut Ridge Road," on the other hand, does not exist (again, according to Google Maps).

I ran the shots of the drivers' license back and forth a few times on my TiVO. I couldn't make out the drivers' license number. And from the image of a (provisional) Minnesota drivers' license I managed to gleam from Google, it doesn't appear to be how the current Minnesota drivers' license looks. I could be wrong. I'll have to check with my friend from Minnesota.

(*cursed numbers)
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Thanks for that info phat. I wonder how much of that picture Locke will remember. And there's a lot of writing outside the octagon. He's going to have to figure out how to bring the blast door back down so he can study it. I wonder if a previous resident of the hatch was trying to figure out how many hatches there are and what are they all connected to? And what was he using to write with?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fogey
    Another question. The card game. There were many cards shown. Any numbers we know? Any combination of numbers we should know?

Or it was JUST a game? I REALLY have to watch this episode again!

More Sawyer nicks that I noticed tonight. He called Hurley something (can't think of it now.) Then he called Jack the typical Doc nick and he also called him "Coolhand". I know there were others but just can't think of them off hand.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    More Sawyer nicks that I noticed tonight. He called Hurley something (can't think of it now.) Then he called Jack the typical Doc nick and he also called him "Coolhand". I know there were others but just can't think of them off hand.
    I think he called Hurley "Mango". I need to watch it again with the closed captioning on.

Kate sure was smiley tonight. Just when you think she's gone cold on Jack and hot on Sawyer, she swings back the other way.

I hope we see a lot of Eko next week. He hasn't been around much lately.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Okay. I'm probably gonna be in the majority here, but....I still don't think "Henry" is an other. I think he actually did crash on the island, and the others forced him to help them. He escaped, the black "Henry Gale" was an other who chased him, but "Henry" managed to kill him and bury him. Then he was caught by Danielle. That'd explain why he's so afraid of the others, no?

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    He called Hurley something to do with sideburns... forget the actual term tho...just thought, well that's better than all the synonyms for Fatso he was using before.

Lucy75---one of the things you'll learn is that Sayid had a sweetie back in Iraq (who was anti-Saddam and he helped her escape when the police captured her [he was one of the police or secret service himself]) who was Nadia... which is why everyone is gaga that Nadia was seen tonight. But there are SO many other things...Kate's criminal history, Sawyer's criminal history, Jack's hang ups with his dad, Hurley being a cursed lottery millionaire, more of Jin/Sun's back story, how a pregnant Claire came to be on the plane, all about Shannon and her now dead (also) brother's ummm history, and on and on. As you watch each episode you should read the FORT postings, because believe me, you will "see" so much more with the eagle eyes of FORT helping.

So I guess Hurley's a little sensitive about his time in the asylum, that's why he attacks Sawyer? But surely he knows people toss that "you're crazy" comment around all the time....
    Last edited by PWS; 03-30-2006 at 12:15 AM.

Sawyer called Hurley something "chops", that definitely referred to sideburns. And calling Jack "coolhand" was a reference to the Paul Newman movie "Coolhand Luke", where Paul played a prisoner in a Louisiana prison, and in the movie, he was given the nickname because he was exceptionally adept at not giving away his "hand" while playing cards.
    Go Tigers!

FORT Fan
    wasn't there a *spoiler* out there that we would find out
    Click to see Spoiler:
    a connection between locke and sawyer?? did i miss it?

+ Reply to Thread