+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 520 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Yeah, when we first met Ethan, we only knew that Danielle had a "child". It was during the first part of the season 1 finale that we learned that Alex was a girl. And also she was born a couple months after Danielle landed on the island, which would make her 16 years old.

This led to speculation that she might have been the female on the boat that took Walt. Although that woman looked a lot older than 16 to me.
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up. And now that you mention it, I vaguely remember that. I definitely have to get the season one dvd. Too much to absorb at once.

FORT Regular
    More thoughts on re watching the opening sequence.

When Desmond gets out of bed my impression was he clean shaven. When we see him looking through his telescope at the mirrors he is obviously not, he has the same scraggle everyone else has.

The fruit going into the blender could easily be canned, and there weren't any eggs as I had thought at first.

Don't the flashbacks always happen to the person whose eye we see at the beginning? Cause we see Desmond's eye.

When Desmond is queuing up the record the lava lamp is on the left side of the shelf unit. After the explosion and Desmond looks away from the "medicine cabinet" the lava lamp is on the right side. (It does not appear to be a mirrored effect as I don't believe anything else moved)

While there are two bunks there is no other evidence of someone else living there currently.

Someone either here or at another site said they had seen the mural that Jack looked at near the end, in the "aparment area" at the beginning - signifying that this area was a delusion - After repeated viewings I could not spot it.

Observations about the end Hatch sequence.

When Jack is in the computer room with the music on you can faintly hear Kate yelling Jack's name. Closed captioning confirms a muffled voice yelling "Jack".

When looking behind Locke while Desmond holds a gun to his head you can see what appears to be a pot on a counter/table and and open microwave door on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ
    Sonething else I found to be.....different, than last season. Last season, Locke never really felt that he was in danger, from anything. Even in Exodus (2), when he was being dragged by whatever that thing was, he wasn't afraid, because he thought he was being tested.
    At the end of "MOS,MOF", Locke was being held at gunpoint, and, to me, he looked like he was afraid, because he wasn't in control of the situation, or at least he didn't think he was in control.
    I think it was because Desmond is not a part of the island itself. Locke seems to feel a oneness with the objects of the island. Desmond is a person who lives on the island and therefore is not something Locke can trust or have "faith" in

Lea
    My hubby brought up an intersting point,when Jack was talking to Sara right before he was to operate,he thought that Jack was hallicanating. She should not have been awake at that point. Don't know if that is true or not. Are doctors even allowed to be in the prep room? Don't know I've never had sugery,but my husband has.

Had anyone speculated that the magnetic reaction in the hatch may be from MRI equipment, or some sort of diagnostic equipment?

It had crossed my mind because I just went through a training about jewelry and making sure its off before going through one.

Love the insights you guys!!
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Someone sent me this spoiler type thing. I haven't checked it out yet, but it looks intriguing.

Click to see Spoiler:
    If you go to http://oceanic-air.com/seatingchart.htm and click on the rows 4 8 15 16 23 42 you can see a video of the second season. after you watch the video it will take you to the offical Lost site. Go back to the seating chart first and click on the Pre - Board Check In button. The name Ethan Rom will come up. Rearrange the letters to spell Other Man and you will see another video. after you do that you can try to make other words and names too, I haven't gotten that far yet. Ok so then go back to the offical site (www.oceanicflight815.com) and click on the barcode on the bottom. Then type in theislandiswaiting and you will see a page of the script. It talks about Jack being tackled by a man that looks exactly like him. If that is where they are going with the show, then I think that the Walt Shannon saw was actually a mirror image of the real Walt, and that is why the Walt in the woods was speaking *backwards*. If you play it backwards, you can clearly hear Walt say "don't push the button. The button is bad".

Thank god I have something to keep me occupied till next Wednesday now - MedEvil Ressurection for PSP. Don't know how long it'll last, though....Lost is still in my mind while I play it

I have some ideas. The structure on the website (oceanicflight815.com) is an octahedron which is a common shape in crystals. If you think of crystal symmetry, the idea is that there is a mirror image of the shape within the structure. This could tie in with the idea of twins. And there is a light ball in the center of the octahedron which might indicate a shared soul or some such thing. Also, the number sequence contains numbers that frequently show up in crystal structures, as well as the number 108 although I couldn't find a crystal structure that employed these numbers exclusively. A lot of the matches though were for crystals found in salt/magnesium and there were references to magnetism. I have no idea where I'm going with this. Maybe some more powerful scientific mind could take this further?

FORT Newbie
    You guys know how Walt seems to be able to control things? Do you think that he has the same power as Desmond and that's why 'the others' kidnapped him? To get his power?

And I was wondering what people think about what Desmond told Jack when they were in the stadium, that it looked like Jack was "running from the devil."??? Maybe it has to do with the spoiler from 'theislandiswaiting' thing?
    Last edited by auntie_sunshine; 09-23-2005 at 07:00 PM.

Wow Cad, that's some pretty deep (but awesome) stuff. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread