+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Sun's pregnancy test reads Widmore Labs. Why does that sound familiar?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Down in the hatch we hear The Seeds “Pushin’ Too Hard”. After 30 minutes, A/L has learned Henry’s story, but it doesn’t sound all that believable. She wants him to draw her a map to his balloon. He’s afraid if his map is faulty, they’ll crucify him.

In the jungle, a guilty Hurley, eating an Apollo bar, bumps into a guilty Sun, hiding the pregnancy test. It’s labeled “Widmore”, just like the British construction company in Charlie’s flashback.

Flashback: Jin and Sun go to see Dr. Kim. The test results are not good. They show endometriosis. Scar tissue in Sun’s fallopian tubes are preventing her from conceiving. Surgery won’t help. Jin is irate and wonders if she knew this before they got married. Sun is like, “Oh yeah. It was my plan to trap the son of a fisherman.” (Good one Sun. )

Back in the bunker, A/L says she’ll try again tomorrow with Henry. But then she goes to see Sayid and gives him a map Henry drew on the back of a page from “The Brothers Karamazov”. It’s at least a day’s walk. Charlie is there too.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fanatic
    no one still knows what charlie and sayid were building? it seemed like a giant wall between 2 trees.

FORT Fanatic
    sun has a bun in the oven!

Sayid, Charlie and Ana Lucia cross a stream and head for the valley. There’s a cliff that appears to be in the same place as on Henry’s map. A/L can tell that Charlie has a gun in his waistband. She wants it, but Charlie doesn’t trust her after what she did to Shannon, so he gives it to Sayid. They’ll camp at the base of the cliff.

Kate tells Sun they need to wait 2 minutes to look at the test results. Kate has taken a pregnancy test before. Sun is glad that Kate will sit with her and not ask about why Jin isn’t there. They check the test: 2 pink stripes = Sun is with child. They show Jack and he’s convinced that it’s extremely accurate. Sun begs them to keep it quiet until she gets around to telling Jin. Jack mentions how badly her secret about learning English turned out, and advises her to come clean to Jin about everything. Tell him “The Whole Truth”. Jack heads back to the hatch and Kate wonders why he’s been down there so much lately. He says everything is fine.

A flashback shows that Sun has been very distracted through today’s English lesson. She tells Jae Lee about her trip to the doctor. Jae Lee says he’s sorry, but Sun says she’s not. She’s pretty fluent in English now and Jae Lee wonders why she’s learning it. She says she’s moving to America. He reminds her that he once ran off to America because he thought he was in love. But you can’t run away from your life. He’d like her to stay in Korea, but not for Jin.

It’s night time. Charlie sleeps by the campfire while A/L and Sayid chat. She says “People don’t like me.” (No sh*t, Sherlock. ) She’s given up trying to change their opinions, but at least Sayid has a valid reason to hate her. She apologizes for killing Shannon. Sayid says she was just trying to protect her people. He blames The Others for Shannon’s death. Heaven help Henry if he turns out to be one of Them.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fanatic
    hmmm, it seems jin has learned a little english...

FORT Fanatic
    ok im gonna read between the lines here and say that jin is not the father.

FORT Fanatic
    wow. i was right. it is immaculate conception, unless shes lying to jin.

It’s morning. Charlie brings papayas, but it’s time to move out. It starts to rain and there’s no sign of the balloon in the field where it’s supposed to be. They split up to search more thoroughly.

Jin goes down to the beach to fish. Bernard also has a fishing net but looks quite clumsy with it. He doesn’t actually want fish, he’s hoping for an oyster with a pearl in it for Rose. (Awwww. ) Jin says in broken English “No oyster here.” Sawyer comes along and calls Jin “Daddio” and “Papa-san”. Bernard congratulates Jin on his impending fatherhood, but all Jin hears is gibberish. He goes off and starts to replant Sun’s garden. She comes along and he says it was a mistake to ruin her garden. He hates when they fight, because he has nobody else to talk to, since he can’t understand them. (I’m hoping the writers have finally shown us enough scenes to get everyone to understand that Jin does not speak English.) He apologizes to her and she blurts out that she’s pregnant.

In a flashback we see Sun walking her dog, Bpo Bpo. Dr. Kim pulls up in a car and tells her he did something terrible. It wasn’t Sun who was incapable of having children, it’s Jin. But he knows about Jin’s job with Sun’s dad, and figured if he gave Jin such bad news, his office would be burned to the ground.

Back in the jungle Jin wonders why Sun never told him about Dr. Kim’s confession. And how can she be pregnant? Sun swears she has never been with another man. Jin says “Then it’s a miracle” and hugs her joyfully.

Sun and Jin discuss naming the baby after both his father and her mother. A few people already know Sun is pregnant, so there won’t be many people for them to tell. Then Jin smiles and says “Daddio”, suddenly realizing what Sawyer said. Sun wants to sit alone for a few minutes so Jin heads back to the beach. But first he kisses her and says “I love you” haltingly, in English.

Jack goes into the armory where Henry is reading. (Something about prophets and martyrs.) Jack tells him he can come out for breakfast. Henry: “What’s the computer for?” Jack: “Nothing.” (Hee. ) Henry is amazed they have cereal. Locke tells him about the pantry. Henry wonders how old the cereal is and laughs about their lack of curiosity. (A nudge-nudge-wink-wink to the viewers.) He figures they’re treating him better since he gave Ana the map. Locke and Jack are both flabbergasted of course. Henry does some more dirty work by telling them they have real trust issues and it’s no wonder A/L didn’t tell them the way they fight all the time. Then he tells them that if he was an Other, there would be no balloon, so he’d draw a map that would lead them to an ambush. Then his people would trade them to get him back. “Good thing I’m not one of Them. Got any milk?” (Man, this dude is slimy.)

+ Reply to Thread