+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    After looking around a bit, the car is believed to be a 1989 Pontiac Bonneville LE Sedan. I cant see what it has to do with anything though.
    When I originally suggested they were just saving money I was joking--can't believe they could be THAT cheap! The fact that it the same car in those different situations should mean something (assuming not laziness). Can someone remind us if those "hits" took place in the same state? Same continent?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    When I originally suggested they were just saving money I was joking--can't believe they could be THAT cheap! The fact that it the same car in those different situations should mean something (assuming not laziness). Can someone remind us if those "hits" took place in the same state? Same continent?
    Locke's was in California (not sure what year but he still had hair), Michael's was in New York (8 years ago) and Kate's was in Iowa (within the past couple years).
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Locke's was in California (not sure what year but he still had hair), Michael's was in New York (8 years ago) and Kate's was in Iowa (within the past couple years).
    Well, that would all fit with a 1989 car, and it could still be running in say, 2002...only 13 years old.
    Of course Qboots would know the answer to my question!!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Well, that would all fit with a 1989 car, and it could still be running in say, 2002...only 13 years old.
    Of course Qboots would know the answer to my question!!
    WEll in 2006 my husband is driving a 1989 Ford F150 pickup that is still in great shape and runs great. So it's possible to have an older car still running!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Lurker
    I can't see what the car situation has to do with anything, either (other than it's interesting to see lots of car accidents for everyone... might be something there). I mean, people haven't checked to see if everyone has the same type of TV set yet, have they?

(actually, I wouldn't be surprised...)

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    Cricketeen loved the McDharma's. I laughed so hard my daughter came running to see what was going on!!!

I think the car HAS to have significance. The show obviously has a huge budget and there is no reason to believe that 10 different car dealers wouldn't have donated cars to be seen in a 10 second shot of a top rated TV show! I read a story 15+ years ago when I was in high school. It was a short story and I don't remember the name or the author. I really liked it so it stuck in my head (that and a million other useless tivia things). The story was about a girl who had "watchers". She had no idea there were people looking out for her or that they believed she was holy. She had drove past a really bad car crash that had just happened moments before. The crash happened because one of her "watchers" had been driving a little in front of her and saw a car in oncoming traffic swearving as if he were drunk. Therefore the "watcher" drove head on into the drunk driver, killing himself, in order to ensure that the drunk driver wouldn't hit the girl he was protecting. Basically the story had several accounts of ways these people were making sure she would eventually end up where she needed to be (she needed to die at a certain place/time in order to prove she was the martyr they believed her to be---self fulfilling prophecy was what we were reading about). But this could be something similar. Not that this car was protecting kate/locke, but rather putting the events into motion that would take them where they needed to be. Had Micheal not been hit then his ex never would have been in a position to pay all his hospital bills and take walt away. Walt would have been raised completely differently and whatever "power" he may have may not have been fully expressed, nor would he have ended up in Austrailia where Micheal had to be at that particular time in order to get on that flight. Off the top of my head I can't remember the kate/locke thing, however I'm sure they were pivotal in one way or another. Well at least that is my humble opinion. Now off to grab a McDharma boar burger.

Holy boar! I haven't been here for a while - thanks for all the McDharma kudos!

Maybe the whole car thing is an homage from the writers to Stephen King's short story Christine?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    Maybe the whole car thing is an homage from the writers to Stephen King's short story Christine?
    Could be, but this is probably Christine's nicer cousin. This car doesn't seem to be malevolent, all 3 accidents were all the fault of our castaways.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fanatic
    i dont know if it matters but everyone who was hit by that car was running away or towards something.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Here's some new spoilers on Locke:

Credit: www.spoilerfix.com

Click to see Spoiler:
    03/07 - The word on the street is that Locke will be on crutches for the remainder of the season. Source: Kristin on E!Online

Hmmm, so do you think this was due to something that happened in real life, or is it going to be something they introduce in the show in the coming weeks? Or is it that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the island is taking away his lively legs, again?

+ Reply to Thread