+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Poor Jack is obviously a surgeon-
    "Dr. Sears Clue: Roseola is about the only virus in which the rash appears after the fever breaks."

Poor Aaron had a fever and a rash at the same time!

Stick to the gaping wounds, Jack!
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpp_nh View Post
    I think we learned a great deal last night that wasn't blatant. For your consideration:

- The fact that Ethan & Zeke didn't realize that the fuselagies had a passenger manifest indicates that the Others are not in control of things as much as they could be. This shoots holes in the "the plane crash was staged" theory.
    Not really. It could have simply been an oversight, they just forgot to take the manifest into account. Or, maybe they assumed it would've been destroyed in the crash.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    Claire was going to have her baby adopted when she got on the plane & so wanted to make sure he would be going to a good family. Last night Ethan told her that "they" would make a good family for the baby. I found it interesting (signifcant?) he mentioned being a family to the baby, rather than just say they would take good care of him or whatever. Did anyone else think anything of that?
    This lends to the theory that the crash was staged, and the adoption was just a set up by Dharma/Hanso.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ View Post
    PWS, the spoiler I posted was about the flashback, not the on-island stuff.
    Ah, thank you. So the
    Click to see Spoiler:
    triangle
    was pre-island also I assume?

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    This is probably a very "out there" theory, which is to be expected considering it was a dream I had about 3 weeks ago. But I will share. I dreamed that Sayid was attacking me (surprize surprize considering my immense adoration of him) because my blood contained an "antibody" for a virus he (and several others) had. The virus was making their eyes buldge, they were emaciated and blood thirsty. So thus this has inspired a theory. What if the "good" ones actually were the ones who were immune to whatever infection was there. If everyone needed to take immunizations (I don't think one shoudl call them immunizations if you need to take them everyday as we saw Desmond doing) then the vaccine would run out very quickly. We must assume there are alot of "others" on the island, and a vaccination EVERY DAY for EVERY ONE???? I'm not sure about going from Austrailia to US, but I know when hubby went to Middle East he needed to have shots up to date for his VISA. If one needed shots up to date, I would think it wouldn't be hard to use that to check some blood work if you had the means (which Hanso obviously has) to do so.

Alright, I know its a stretch, but blame it on my overly fertile dreams. I could seriously write a book a week based on dreams I have...its not simple dreams, NO! I have very intricate dreams that I remember every morning. Some people dream of work, I dream of Sayid trying to bite me because he needs my blood! Or Keifer Sutherland throwing himself on top of me while we both blow up, and as I'm dead I am trying to tell Jon Stewart that this is a cover-up by Bush!!!!!

The theory of EKO cutting 2 braids off his beard representing the 2 he killed seems solid. Didn't think of that one!
    I guess I can stop looking for Zeke to be in a "blue man group" now that we know he's an "actor" like Tobias.

Last night was def one of the best episodes yet. So much detail and great stuff! I loved all the development with danielle... i want to rewatch - i feel like there's still so much i could have missed...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Ah, thank you. So the
    Click to see Spoiler:
    was pre-island also I assume?
    Yep, that's what I gather from the spoilers I've read. Too bad we have to wait 3 more weeks though for the next new ep.

Does anyone know which episode is playing next week?

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Interesting dream/idea, poutymouse! Might be something to it. My dreams are never that useful!

Quote Originally Posted by charity
    Discredited theories
    Lost's mythology is as complex as that of other shows of a similar nature, such as The X-Files or Twin Peaks. This intricacy, and the unresolved questions it spawns, have led to rampant speculation and theorizing among fans, mainly concerning the nature of the island, the origins of the "security system" and the Others, the meaning of the numbers and the reasons for both the crash and the survival of some passengers. Several of the more common fan theories have been discussed and dismissed by the producers, including:

*The survivors are dead and/or in Purgatory dismissed by J. J. Abrams
    *The survivors are in a time warp dismissed by Damon Lindelof
    *Spaceships or aliens influence the events on the island dismissed by Damon Lindelof
    *Everything seen is a fictional reality taking place in one or more of the survivors' minds dismissed by Damon Lindelof
    *The island is a reality TV show and the castaways unwitting housemates dismissed by Carlton Cuse
    *The cloud of black smoke is a nanobot cloud similar to the one featured in Michael Crichton's novel Prey dismissed by Damon Lindelof and re-iterated by Javier Grillo-Marxuach
    Thanks for the info charity! I really enjoyed it, but I thought this part was really interesting because, if any of these theories was/is correct; I would expect them to deny it. If I was a writer for the show, and wanted to keep the show going for the next x number of years, I probably would do the same thing. I think whatever the truth is, if it were exposed, they would deny it.

FORT Lurker
    Off-topic:

My friend just finished watching all of Season 1 and said that the car that hit Locke was the same one that hit Michael and Kate. I don't actually remember Kate being hit (other than when she was escaping)... is this true, that the same car hit everyone? Is there a connection between all the cars?

Quote Originally Posted by cpp_nh View Post
    Off-topic:

My friend just finished watching all of Season 1 and said that the car that hit Locke was the same one that hit Michael and Kate. I don't actually remember Kate being hit (other than when she was escaping)... is this true, that the same car hit everyone? Is there a connection between all the cars?
    Kate was never hit by a car. The car she was in hit a horse. The same black horse that she saw in the jungle on the island. At least I don't remember her being hit by a car. But it is possible the the same car that hit Michael also is the one who hit Sarah (driven by Shannon's dad)
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread