+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Some thoughts.

1. Jin is pregnant. Some have suggested that it would take upwards of 6 seaons for the baby to be born, given the pace of the show already. BUT, I contend that it IS possible she was pregnant before the flight.

It's not uncommon that in times of stress and trauma that a woman's...cycle...will be interupted and Jin could have dimissed a lack of ... time of the month on that. But perhaps, now that we're into the second month on the island, she is starting to think it's more than just stress and that she's really 3 - 4 months pregnant.

2. Desmond.

Evidence suggesting he is an other is the fact that he was taking / had access to the vaccine injected in Claire. When he took off, people were wondering just where the heck he went. Well, maybe he went to another "Others Hatch" which explains why there has been neither hide nor hair of him since he bolted.

3. Henry Gale, no doubt in my mind, is an Other.

But some are chastizing Locke for "falling for the oldest trick in the book". Uh...can you blame him? Look how his real father played him like a fiddle...it's possible that Locke has always been susceptible to being tricked.

Other general comments.

Mr. Eko, unequivocally, scares the hell out of me.

Some people complain that Hurley (and others) ain't losing weight. Look, all in all it's a T.V. show -- we can't expect the actors to have to undergo weight loss like we see on Survivor. You want emancipation? Watch CBS tonight at 9:00 local time for Exile Island!

With regard to Sun's comment to Claire that a mother doesn't leave her child, and since I believe that Sun's father is involved in the Hanso project, I suspect that Sun's mother disappeared from her life when she was a child.

I must go back and look at the Season 1 Sun and Jin flashbacks. Did we ever see Sun's mother? We know that Sun's father won't stop at much. Did he arrange for Sun's mother's disappearance/death?

And, could Sun's father be the one whose reaction Zeke referred to in his conversation with Ethan?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Beesenitch
    1. Jin is pregnant. Some have suggested that it would take upwards of 6 seaons for the baby to be born, given the pace of the show already. BUT, I contend that it IS possible she was pregnant before the flight.
    I know you meant Sun. If Jin was pregnant, that would be an interesting feat.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    With regard to Sun's comment to Claire that a mother doesn't leave her child, and since I believe that Sun's father is involved in the Hanso project, I suspect that Sun's mother disappeared from her life when she was a child.

I must go back and look at the Season 1 Sun and Jin flashbacks. Did we ever see Sun's mother? We know that Sun's father won't stop at much. Did he arrange for Sun's mother's disappearance/death?
    Sun's mother was in the flashbacks... Before Sun met Jin, her mother was telling her that it was time she got married and was helping set up "blind" dates for her (Sun). So her mom was in the picture at least through Sun and Jin's wedding day...

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    If Jin was pregnant, that would be an interesting feat.
    ANYTHING could happen on this show!

And I'm with all of you who think Locke seemed to be too easily swayed by what Henry said (about him letting Jack be the leader etc. etc.). VERY manipulative... They both need a good whupping from Mr. Ecko and Sayid!

Quote Originally Posted by Beesenitch View Post
    Some people complain that Hurley (and others) ain't losing weight. Look, all in all it's a T.V. show -- we can't expect the actors to have to undergo weight loss like we see on Survivor.
    And considering that this is a show in which polar bears inexplicably appear, faces show up in "black smoke" and Kate sees stallions (I'm talking about a horse here, not Sawyer), Hurley's weight loss (or lack thereof) is the least of our worries!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I wonder why they didn't explore the hatch a little more. Seems like they could have found something useful. That rocker, although a bit heavy to carry, could have been nice to rock Aaron in. Let Rousseau carry it since she did carry a pregnant Claire on her back . And Kate should have taken the costumes - they might have come in handy sometime in the future.
    HAHA! VERY VERY Funny stuff there! That's true--if Rousseau could carry a pregnant woman, she could surely cary a rocker on her back!
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 03-02-2006 at 04:09 PM. Reason: So I woudln't have multiple posts!

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    I know you meant Sun. If Jin was pregnant, that would be an interesting feat.
    If Jin were pregnant, the island experiments would take on a whole new meaning!

Hmm, a few Sawyer nicknames for Ala-Lucia if Sawyer should be so unfortunate as to have to interact with her.

Mrs. Danvers, Lucretia (Borgia), Mme. Defarge
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I wonder why they didn't explore the hatch a little more. Seems like they could have found something useful. That rocker, although a bit heavy to carry, could have been nice to rock Aaron in. Let Rousseau carry it since she did carry a pregnant Claire on her back . And Kate should have taken the costumes - they might have come in handy sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Qboots mentioned that Claire had said her dad used to sing Catch a Falling Star to her as a child, which would make it especially positive for her to hear re her baby's future adoptive environment I would imagine. Surely that can't be chance. How did the Others know that? Did she mention it on the island and one of their spies overhear it? Or was it just chance, because Ethan wasn't supposed to show Claire the room?

A-ways back I posted a link that compares shots of the woman who wanted to adopt Aaron with the woman in the photo with Desmond. They look like the same person. Not accusing her, I'm just sayin.

Myrosiedog and I think alike sometimes - just how does Jack think Aaron contracted roseola? Odds are good that Claire is immune to it, and if she is breast feeding, so is Aaron. Did Jack even ask her if she'd ever had it?

Random Ramblings:

EPT: never leave home without it.

What is so important about these injections that they couldn't wait two weeks for the baby to be born before shooting him up? I think the risk to the baby would be greater by trying to get a needle into him while he is still 'in utero'. If he is born in the hatch with all these "immune" people attending and they take him away from Claire immediately, he wouldn't be exposed to this supposed "sickness" - which would give them time to immunize him in the nursery.

I'm not a doctor, but I play one on my PC - Vaccines will make you immune to a virus but will not cure one that you have contracted, no? So Claire was wasting her time, anyway.

I saw that airplane mobile before - the airplanes were flying faster and faster. Did I dream it or was it in Charlie's hallucination or somewhere else?
    And didn't they look like Kate's airplane, too?

So Zeke wears a disguise when he is out and about. Zaius, I wondered about that, too; perhaps the disguise isn't only for the survivor's benefit. We've still got those dirty-legged people to explain from that episode when Michael was first looking for WAAALLLLLT. Given the choice to be dirty or clean, I think most people would choose clean - so are they really part of the Ethan Others? Maybe Zeke is an impostor to them, too? I still think he is a Scientist Other and a Dirty Other's Leader. Except that doesn't explain the girl we think is Alex, if she is indeed Alex. How did she know that what they had planned for Claire was wrong? Children raised by wolves behave like dogs.

In spite of myself, I think Uncle Henry is funny.

When Eko told Jack he wanted to see Uncle Henry, I said:
    "What is he going to do? Hit him with his Jesus Stick?"
    That line of Charlie's may very well be quoted for years to come.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

CCL
    Claire was going to have her baby adopted when she got on the plane & so wanted to make sure he would be going to a good family. Last night Ethan told her that "they" would make a good family for the baby. I found it interesting (signifcant?) he mentioned being a family to the baby, rather than just say they would take good care of him or whatever. Did anyone else think anything of that?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    I saw that airplane mobile before - the airplanes were flying faster and faster. Did I dream it or was it in Charlie's hallucination or somewhere else?
    And didn't they look like Kate's airplane, too?
    That's what I thought they were -- Kate's airplane (x6 or however many there were)...

Maybe Ethan and Co. aren't scientists but rather SCIENTOLOGISTs ...(William Mapother, the actor who plays Ethan, is Tom Cruise's cousin).

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    Jack is bulking up a little, does anyone ask how that happens on reduced calories? (not that I'm complaining).
    I haven't noticed any weight gain/loss on Jack, but I do remember reading an interview with him where he said he was dieting to lose weight for this season 'cause he thought that would be in character since they don't have access to McDonald's on the island... (I added the McDonald's bit...which is probably why it's not funny!)
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 03-02-2006 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beesenitch View Post
    Some thoughts.

Some people complain that Hurley (and others) ain't losing weight. Look, all in all it's a T.V. show -- we can't expect the actors to have to undergo weight loss like we see on Survivor. You want emancipation? Watch CBS tonight at 9:00 local time for Exile Island!
    Right!! (Hurley has lost weight, but that is beside the point)

I personally do not want these gorgeous women to starve themselves for reality. Running around with their ribs and hip-bones showing. They already diet and exercise for the 'right' Hollywood look, and to "encourage" them to be thinner (for their art, of course) would just. be. wrong.
    Jack is bulking up a little, does anyone ask how that happens on reduced calories? (not that I'm complaining).
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread