+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    So what did we learn tonight?

The Others are a goof family according to Ethan,

Alex is with the Others but somehow managed to stay sane (by the way how old was she when she was taken away?)

Did they abandon the medical hatch after Clara escaped?

Questions, questions...
    Alex was 1 week old when they took her from Danielle.

We learned that there is not enough vaccine on the island for Claire and the baby (if Ethan was telling the truth - which I doubt). Hmmm, nope we didn't learn anything from that.

We learned that Desmond is probably an Other - since he knew enough to take vaccine with him before running out of there. Now I am starting to wonder whether Henry is one of them or not? Looking "grubby" no longer means you are one of the Others, since they know how to clean up when it counts. He didn't have the standard vaccine bottle and syringe with him - which they never go far without, so it seems.

What if he is telling the truth? Nah! He knew exactly what he was doing getting Locke to be really mad at Jack. He is as good as Sawyer at the con!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    ** Did anyone notice that the label on the bottle of drugs that were put into Claire contained no name, just the NUMBERS? ** I have a friend who freeze-framed it and told me. My tv couldn't pick it up.
    Miss Kitty, when Desmond was in the hatch with the computer, he had a cabinet with the vaccine and those bottles ALSO had the numbers on them.
    This was the episode very early on this year.

Those darn numbers are everywhere I tell you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Yeah, Henry had his little smirk on as he heard the falling dishes that Locke trashed.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    But Qboots said this was not the first time we've heard this song on the show...so of course, inquiring minds want to know...when was the the other?
    I apologize. Momentary brain fart. We heard a Perry Como song (Papa Loves Mambo) in episode 2-12, "Fire + Water". Last season in episode 1-10, "Raised by Another", Claire mentioned that her father used to sing "Catch a Falling Star" to her when she was little. We didn't actually hear it.

Unless we learn differently, I'm going to believe that Desmond really crashed there as he said he did. We know he was in L.A. a few years back when he met Jack. The vaccine and all other supplies were put in the bunkers by Dharma people/Others. I don't think they would just leave Desmond in there alone if he was one of them. He would have had a partner. Plus, the hatch isn't in "Other" territory.
    Last edited by Qboots; 03-02-2006 at 01:12 AM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

MRD
    I really think Eko has Henry's number. I think Eko's visit with Henry was MUCH scarier to him than Sayids!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    ** Did anyone notice that the label on the bottle of drugs that were put into Claire contained no name, just the NUMBERS? ** I have a friend who freeze-framed it and told me. My tv couldn't pick it up.
    I was enthralled by the bottle label, had this episode on TiVO and put it in slo-mo when the cabinet was opened.

The label reads approximately:

[Line 1]4-81516-2342
    [Line 2]??JECTION
    [Line 3](Dharma caduceus symbol), Rx-1
    [Line 4](Bar code)

I'm sure one of the Lost sites will have a screen shot of the bottle by tomorrow morning, if not sooner.

I watched the episode with closed captioning on. The song was Catch a Flying Star.

ETA: Despite the slo-mo, the bottle label is clearly visible for maybe three or four frames. And in those frames, it's not that clear...at least, on my TV, my broadcast. Oh, and while the bottle was interesting, so was Ethan's keyfob, which was shown swinging in his hand as he approached the cabinet. It appeared to the octagonal Dharma symbol on the keychain. (Who knew the Dharma Project had their own company gift store?)
    Last edited by phat32; 03-02-2006 at 01:14 AM.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

So I guess this clears up the connection between Tobias and Mr. Friendly....their both actors. :

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
    So I guess this clears up the connection between Tobias and Mr. Friendly....their both actors. :
    I totally forgot about that spoiler! They both wear disguises.

There was some spoiler about tonight's episode that said whatever was in this new hatch had been "Philiminated". (A term from The Amazing Race.) I thought that meant that Desmond would be in there, since he was on an around the world race. But maybe it refers to Ethan, since Charlie philiminated him last season, kinda.

Phat: you can't always trust the closed captioning. On this week's episode of "24" my closed captioning showed President Logan using the name of the terrorist he was speaking to on the phone, Bierko. But he never said anything of the sort - he didn't even know the name of the terrorist.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Phat: you can't always trust the closed captioning. On this week's episode of "24" my closed captioning showed President Logan using the name of the terrorist he was speaking to on the phone, Bierko. But he never said anything of the sort - he didn't even know the name of the terrorist.
    First of all, I meant to say, Catch a Falling (not "Flying") Star, of course. My bad.

And, secondly, that's a very good point, Qboots. I've noticed that the closed captioning sometimes "adds" or "takes away" dialogue. Very frustrating!
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Glad I'm not the only one having brain-farts tonight.

What the heck are we all going to do now, with another hiatus staring us in the face? Is it 3 weeks this time?

+ Reply to Thread