+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

FORT Fogey
    I'm amazed how good is the actress who plays Russeau. The eyes, the hidden pain... Great acting.

MRD
    I think Eko confessed to Henry Gale to let him know that he (Eko) knows he's an other (he being Henry). Sort of a warning of sorts? Pulling out the knife and cutting off his beard thingies was also a warning. Just my 2 cents

Also, Desmond did not take ALL the vaccine from the hatch when he split, soooooo, why didn't they use that vaccine on teh baby? Surely, Jack as a dr. has looked at that stuff?

Why don't they all talk to each other and inform each other about all this stuff? Surely the women should not have gone in search of the hatch Claire was kept in alone. How stupid was that? They all could have been taken hostage.
    And its only been what, a month or 6 weeks since Claire was in that hatch, yet they've made it look like its been abandoned for years.

So many questions.

As for the preview, my 14 year old daughter said: Looks like Sun is going to "Saw-Mart" for a pregnancy test.

I was when she said that. Saw-Mart. How true!

So the others are really Darma. Interesting. Do you think Kate will tell Jack or Sawyer about the fake beard and stuff? Surely she remembers hearing the name Alex when she was taken as hostage, so why didn't she say something to Rousseu?

I get so irritated with some of these people sometimes. It so often seems that they run hither and yon with no common sense whatsoever. I'm surprised more of them haven't been kidnapped/killed they way they take off all over the island. And going in that hatch alone tonight was stupid.

And what are the chances that they will utilize this hatch? Looks big enough AND has electricity and probably water to house the survivors, but you know they will not leave the beach and move in.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by lostonanisland View Post
    how were we able to see 2 claires when she was talking to ethan? we saw the one when she was talking to ethan and the present claire in the background before we flashed back to reality.
    That's a good point. They showed Claire in the present time "seeing" herself and Ethan talking in her flashback. I think it's the first time they've ever done that. I suppose this will set off tons of speculation about time travel, or parallel universes, but I believe they were just showing us what Claire was imagining.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Okay:

1. Claire has the world's lousiest HMO if her prenatal care is provided by the Dharma Project.

2. I've given Locke more credit than he deserves if he falls for one of the oldest tricks in the book: "You're sooo smart. Why aren't you the leader...?" (Too clever, when you think about it. It plays to someone's vanity as well as drives a wedge between him or her and an ally.)

3. The more I see of the Dharma Project, the more I'm intrigued. (And was Ethan's friend in the facility "Swamp Thing" from Con Air? And, stupid question, wasn't that the "Old Sea Captain" of The Others, sans beard and ratty clothes?)
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by phat32 View Post
    Okay:

1. Claire has the world's lousiest HMO if her prenatal care is provided by the Dharma Project.

2. I've given Locke more credit than he deserves if he falls for one of the oldest tricks in the book: "You're sooo smart. Why aren't you the leader...?" (Too clever, when you think about it. It plays to someone's vanity as well as drives a wedge between him or her and an ally.)

3. The more I see of the Dharma Project, the more I'm intrigued. (And was Ethan's friend in the facility "Swamp Thing" from Con Air? And, stupid question, wasn't that the "Old Sea Captain" of The Others, sans beard and ratty clothes?)
    Yup. M.C. Gainey, who plays Bearded guy/Zeke/Mr. Friendly was indeed in "Con Air". I wouldn't have recognized him tonight except for his voice.

I agree with you about Locke. In season one I figured he was the next coming of Obi Wan Kenobi. This season he is really showing some flaws.

We're really seeing some different interpretations of "good" now. The Others have previously told us they only take the "good" people. In tonight's flashback Ethan told Claire that he and his friends were "good". Then Claire told Danielle that the blue-eyed girl was "good", unlike the other people in that bunker. I think I'll have to disagree with Ethan's assessment if they were really planning to cut Aaron out of Claire and then kill her. Not to mention what he did to Charlie.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

So I have been doing a search for why Eko (so my favorite character) would have cut off his beard.

Help me out-
    I have been looking along the lines of beards and forgiveness/ removing beard for religious reasons/ African customs involving beards. Darnit- it has to mean something.

Why would you say Eko removed his beard? Am I using the wrong word ("forgiveness?")

So far I found this on some random page:
    "And may God enlighten you to let go of your sins as you let your beard grow"

Help a fellow addict out!
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

FORT Fan
    the only thing i could think of with the cuttin off the beard is that there were 2 strands there, maybe standing for the 2 people he killed, and now that he has confessed he can let that go?

Quote Originally Posted by Justwatching2 View Post
    It seems confusing to keep track of all these people, so if someone can give me a summary of what is going on? If this is too much, can you post a link where I can read up on what's been going on up until this point?

thanks. LOL
    Hi there, Justwatching2.

I'm new to the show myself and got hooked in with the recap episode "Revelation" that aired Jan. 11. (It was that rarest of things--a worthwhile clip show. )

After watching "Revelation," I caught up by browsing, believe it or not, the Wikipedia.

Here's the main article on Lost. If you scroll to the bottom of this page, you'll find links to the Season 1 and 2 episode recaps. This is a shortcut to Season 1; this is a shortcut to Season 2.

Qboot's summaries are also very, very good.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I agree with Xjeff on the beard thing. Remember Eko confessed to Balloon Boy that he killed two of the others. The two strands of the beard represented those people. He cut them off as he confessed his sins about them, and I also think it was to make a point that he killed and can kill again if need be.

I was also disappointed that Locke fell so quickly for the line about who's in charge. Really

Also, it was dumb, dumb, dumb that the two girls went off into the jungle. Why on earth would Sawyer or Sayid or somebody not go with them. Anything could have happened.

Yes, I think Alex is alive and was the girl that first tried to warn Claire. But I don't think the Dharma people were going to kill Claire. Doesn't add up to me.

I think they cleaned out the hatch where Claire was kept in a big hurry. That's why some things were left. Either that, or it was intended that they be found.

One has to wonder if Kate and Claire will actually tell the BOYS about the new discovery because no-one seems to be sharing information between themselves. When you would think they would.

It would make sense that some of the survivors would want to take shelter in the new hatch as it has electricity, maybe heat, who knows? Seems a bit odd that so many people are content to wait on the beach and take orders for so long without being curious about what's really going on, or what's around them in the jungle.

** Did anyone notice that the label on the bottle of drugs that were put into Claire contained no name, just the NUMBERS? ** I have a friend who freeze-framed it and told me. My tv couldn't pick it up.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Yes, I am. And what is the song the mobile is playing? I know the lyrics are "take a....and put it in your pocket, never let it go..." but I can't remember the song and it is driving me crazy!
    Catch a Falling Star for sure...there was a star in the center of the mobile among the planes.
    But Qboots said this was not the first time we've heard this song on the show...so of course, inquiring minds want to know...when was the the other?

+ Reply to Thread