+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 520 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585135 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    Was it Sarah that ran into Mr. Rutherford (thus unintentionally killing him) or did he run into her car? I think it was the former, right?

And that was a great catch Qboots. I totally did NOT catch that...

And Shannon and Boone actually didn't have the same biological parents, since they were stepsiblings (just in reference to someone who asked).

p.s. and not that I ever expect to have any spoilers to thrill any of you with, but how do you put those into your posts so that they don't appear unless you highlight them? Thanks!
    Wow!! Hats off to Qboots again and again! I missed that, was completely absorbed in Sarah.
    Lois Lane:Mr Rutherford ran off/across the road into Sarah.

I agree with Squatman, who in my opinion seems to be right most (all) of the time: Desmond lives in artificial sunlight.
    My personal theory for the moment, is that Desmond covers the night shift watching and controlling what goes on above ground with the island hamsters. Therefore his hatch apartment would be set to a different time zone lifestyle to make being alert and awake during that time easier.
    I also think that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    what Javi said about seeing some of the previous shown actors from season 1 flashback's "again" in this season, might mean that perhaps like Desmond, these people are really Others. Out in the world, scouting for new hamsters to experiment with. All the castaways selected were hand picked by one of these "others" scouts and brought to the island. Again, just my personal theory.

This is so much fun, my mind is turning. The spoiler from the Oceanic site has really answered a few questions for me, especially regarding the Others twins and Jack's dad.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jack seeing himself - to me that spells clones

But, I agree- for every answer we have many more questions unaswered! Love this show!
    Last edited by Mike'sgirl; 09-22-2005 at 07:20 PM.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey
    Does anyone have any idea what that bright blue white light coming out of the hatch might be? It must take a lot of energy to power something like that, so it must be performing some important funtion--or its a waste of energy to be something like a super bright porch light.
    it may simpy be the same kind of bright light that blinded Jack when he was down there,

Was the button Walt warn against pushing the computer key Jack almost pushed? The one Locke told him not to push.
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 09-22-2005 at 07:31 PM.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Wow, reading through this thread makes me feel like an idiot when I watch the show! I didn't catch A LOT! I think I was too scared to watch some of it.

Well, our power went off during the 8 pm hour. Thankfully I only missed that "Destination Lost" episode which I am guessing was just a recap of Season 1 for those that didn't watch it (I hope)???

I kept waiting to find out about Jin, Michael and Sawyer! Arg! I can't believe we might not even get to find out next week!

Walt was SO creepy. :shudder
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Regular
    I'm thinking that the "script segment" spoiler at the Oceanic site is:

A) fake - a red herring
    or
    B) like many things on the island not meaning what it seems to mean.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey
    Does anyone have any idea what that bright blue white light coming out of the hatch might be? It must take a lot of energy to power something like that, so it must be performing some important funtion--or its a waste of energy to be something like a super bright porch light.

If you get the chance to rewatch the ep, you'll see two things:

1. at the bottom of the hatch is a mirror, propped up on an angle.
    2. a couple feet into tunnel part of the hatch is a big red flashlight, aimed at the mirror.

That's how Desmond made the light appear both last night and at the end of "Deus Ex Machina" when Locke was pounding on the top of the hatch at the end.

Just watched it again, with a lot of pauses ... Some thoughts/observations:

The injection that Desmond gives himself - could it be an antidote of some sort??

The computer that Jack nearly touches down in the bunker ... that's definitely an Apple ][, which I remember from my youth. BUT ... slightly obscured (by the monitor stand) is the repeated octagonal symbol (on the medicine cabinet, Desmond's jumpsuit, and on some of the walls), instead of the apple logo. It was illustrated here earlier.

Don't know what this all means!!!

Possibly that maybe a company is sponsoring all of Desmond's doings down there?

I thought it was steroids at first. My husband knew from the moment they showed Desmond in the backstory that it was him in the hatch. I almost seems like a bomb shelter of some sort but here's a question: Forget that Desmond has a gun to Locke and Jack for a moment. Jack and Locke are both down this hatch with a broken ladder. How did they expect to get back up to get the other survivors over there? Duh!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    I thought it was steroids at first. My husband knew from the moment they showed Desmond in the backstory that it was him in the hatch. I almost seems like a bomb shelter of some sort but here's a question: Forget that Desmond has a gun to Locke and Jack for a moment. Jack and Locke are both down this hatch with a broken ladder. How did they expect to get back up to get the other survivors over there? Duh!

Didn't Jack tie a rope around a tree and......oh whats it called when you scale down a building using a rope? They do it on TAR?? The name is on the tip of my tongue. Anyways, yeah maybe Jack did that. So the rope should still in theory be there.

I cant remember, did Desmond pull Locke down too? Last thing I remember before the commercial break was Locke falling backwards, rope bloodily slipping through his hands. Desmond might have pulled Locke down on screen and maybe I just missed it, but if he didnt, then how the heck did Locke get down there? When Jack got to the hatch, there were no ropes going down to the bottom of the hatch, were there?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ
    Didn't Jack tie a rope around a tree and......oh whats it called when you scale down a building using a rope?
    It's called belaying. (I'm not sure if I spelled that correctly). I've done it rock climbing.

Someone earlier asked where Kate was...my guess is if Desmond has been there in that bunker by himself, he might want a woman with him. Creepy...

ADKLove, thanks for the tips! I'll remember that in case I ever have a spoiler to share (keeping fingers crossed).

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1
    You need to warn people! I just spilled my drink all over keyboard!
    OK, I'll try...Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread