+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    First off: thank you

And like you, this show has made me pick things apart to the point of distraction.
    Point in fact: I even said he doesn't sound like a Minnasotian and then I noticed that Danielle's grey hair is gone. So somewhere in a bunker they must have a stash of Clairol. The first time we saw her, she had some grey streaks. Last night none.

Every time someone wins something or gets a good grade we always say: "A Major Award!" Loved whoever put the ovaltine quote out there for the hiroglyphics. Too funny!
    Sorry I missed your Minnesotian remark earlier. I try to remember the previous posts before I write, but I am old and forgetful. Or I have mad cow....
    Anyhoo - I thought she looked different but couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe there is a Spa Hatch.
    I used to have this Dalmatian that would bring home moles that she had caught. I thought Danielle had that same "looky what I did" expression when she showed Sayid that she had an Other in her trap .

Talula wrote: 'If he were an Other, he would have lied and said he's been staying somewhere out of their territory, so as not to raise any suspicions. And if he is not one of them and was staying in their territory, I'm sure he would have encountered some sort of trouble or run in with them by now and he would know who they were. That's my guess anyway. Which, obviously goes against my belief that he is, in fact, an Other!'

I had those same thoughts and then just said to heck with it, he's and Other unless he can prove otherwise (pun intended). On this show, everyone is suspect - even the dog! Except maybe sweet lil Aaron.

My kids say I do a mean imitation of "WHAAAT he said WHAAAAAT?" and "I like Santa..... I like the Wizard of Oz."
    - and don't even try to sing Deck the Halls properly at our house.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Couple more things:

I figure the scene with Hurley and his food stash was supposed to show us why he hasn't lost any weight on the island, but they didn't even find the bunker pantry until day 45, so I'm not buyin' it.

The Clancy Brown character (Joe Inman) belonged to the D.I.A. (Defence Intelligence Agency) The video he showed Sayid said DIA on it, and it was numbered as Reel 23108-42. (Those numbers just keep popping up, don't they?)

OK, that's it, I'm done. I swear.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by lostonanisland View Post
    what does sarin gas do?
    It's a type of nerve gas used in chemical warfare. It's extremely toxic and goes to work very quickly. Not very fun stuff.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    Sorry I missed your Minnesotian remark earlier. I try to remember the previous posts before I write, but I am old and forgetful. Or I have mad cow....

and don't even try to sing Deck the Halls properly at our house.
    No, no, no, it wasn't you. I should be clearer when I type. I should have said:"I even said that to my husband that he didn't sound Minnesotian".

Oh, I would NEVER be so rude as to tell someone at the fort: I ALREADY SAID THAT!

I just was having a brain fog moment today and wasn't clear in my posting.

And would that deck the halls sound like fra ra ra ra ra??? We can't sing it right now either.

Qboots, I LOVED the PETA remark
    I think they just may have found their ticket off the island with that one!
    Last edited by MRD; 02-16-2006 at 11:44 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    It's a type of nerve gas used in chemical warfare. It's extremely toxic and goes to work very quickly. Not very fun stuff.
    Sarin causes convulsions, vomiting, paralysis, respiratory failure....it was in the news a lot when some extremists used it in the Tokyo subway system I think about 10 years ago and killed some and sent 1000's to the hospital--and that was a "weak" version. And Saddam did apparently use it in the late 80's and reportedly killed 1000's of Kurds (part of what he's on trial for now). Is Sayid supposed to be Kurdish? Maybe he used it other places as well....

FORT Fan
    found this on another site, direct quote from them:

"The frog that Hurley and Sawyer searched for and found was not a tree frog at all. It was actually a Posion Dart Frog (Dendrobates Auratus - Green and Black morph, to be exact. They are commonly found in Costa Rica and Panama). I recognized it instantly because I raise Dendrobates Azureus. These frogs are HIGHLY poisonous in the wild - some of them capable of killing 5 men with their skin's secretions (a poison that can be absorbed through the skin!). Their toxicity is greatly diminished in captivity. It is believed that their poison comes from their diet in the wild - a diet that they no longer have access to in the common household!"

this person does seem very knowledgeable and also showed a picture of that frog and a tree frog and also stated how a detail oriented show like Lost should pick up on these things, that maybe this will lead to "the sickness" or a sickness for Sawyer and Hurley?

MRD
    Qboots, you rule! I would never know what I know about this show if not for you.
    You are the Lost GODDESS!!!!!
    The QUEEN of Lost!

Thank you for all your hard work and your copious note taking and freeze framing!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! My baby Sawyer cannot get sick!!!!!! SAVE SAWYER AND HURLEY!!!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by xjeff99 View Post
    found this on another site, direct quote from them:

"The frog that Hurley and Sawyer searched for and found was not a tree frog at all. It was actually a Posion Dart Frog (Dendrobates Auratus - Green and Black morph, to be exact.
    That's funny - my husband never watches but he watched my tape with me and commented that maybe Sawyer would get poisoned from the frog. We were both mad that he killed it and I would like to see the frog get some revenge on Sawyer but not actually kill him. I hope Hurley doesn't get sick at all.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Sarin causes convulsions, vomiting, paralysis, respiratory failure....it was in the news a lot when some extremists used it in the Tokyo subway system I think about 10 years ago and killed some and sent 1000's to the hospital--and that was a "weak" version. And Saddam did apparently use it in the late 80's and reportedly killed 1000's of Kurds (part of what he's on trial for now). Is Sayid supposed to be Kurdish? Maybe he used it other places as well....
    Doesn't it also make you bleed from very orifice? I believe this is the same torture they used in Saw 2.

+ Reply to Thread