+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    Has anyone ever posted that these animal vexations must be a manifestation of Sawyer's guilty conscience? They plague him when he is being his most selfish.
    Good observation! I hadn't noticed this. When else has he had animal issues?

I, too, think Mr. Gale was smirking at Sayid.
    I completely agree. Although I think I'm also having issues with this actor in general. I am so used to him being a slimy character from when he was on The Practice and with his shady looks in general, I'm having a hard time trusting him at all. I definitely do think he's an Other and I thought he gave a smirk, too. I also had the same thought that his wife died of the same mystery illness Danielle spoke of.

Someone check their map - I know somebody is keeping track.... Did he say they were living on the North side of the island? Isn't that the Other's side that Zeke told the Losties to stay away from?
    I wondered that, as well. But then I assumed that if he really were one of them and that was their side of the island, he would have the smarts not to give their location up so casually. If he were an Other, he would have lied and said he's been staying somewhere that out of their territory, so as not to raise any suspicions. And if he is not one of them and was staying in their territory, I'm sure he would have encountered some sort of trouble or run in with them by now and he would know who they were. That's my guess anyway. Which, obviously goes against my belief that he is, in fact, an Other!

Sawyer also had animal issues in the first season when he was being "harrassed by a boar."
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Ohhh, that's right! How quickly things are forgotten! Thanks!

MRD
    Great posts from Myrosiedog! I agree with your opinions on Sayid and Jack.

This show makes me pick things apart to the point of distraction!
    I thought I detected a slight British accent in his voice. Could be my imagination. Does anyone know if the actor is British? He didn't have a "Minnasowda" accent.

I am so glad to have Danielle back, if only for a while. Love her character.
    Heee Heeee, she trapped an Other!
    First off: thank you

And like you, this show has made me pick things apart to the point of distraction.
    Point in fact: I even said he doesn't sound like a Minnasotian and then I noticed that Danielle's grey hair is gone. So somewhere in a bunker they must have a stash of Clairol. The first time we saw her, she had some grey streaks. Last night none.
    I kind of like Danille too. She's managed to survive 16 years by herself on this island, so she has some wits about her even if she is a tad crazy.

[Off Topic]"Be Sure To Drink Your Ovaltine...A crummy commercial??? Son of a b****" Love that movie as you can tell from my signature. Good old Ralphie Parker.[/Off Topic]
    Nilesgirl, that is my FAVORITE Christmas movie. We quote many, many parts of it around here. Every time someone wins something or gets a good grade we always say: "A Major Award!" Loved whoever put the ovaltine quote out there for the hiroglyphics. Too funny!

I think Henry is an other as he really showed no emotion to the loss of his wife, yet Sayid had LOTS of emotion to a relationship that had only lasted a few days or weeks. He almost seemed cold when reciting the facts that his wife died. I think I would have been way more emotional talking about that than anything.
    He's an other, I'm pretty sure.
    Last edited by MRD; 02-16-2006 at 03:59 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32 View Post
    But I'm just glad the symbols don't translate to the modern equivalent of "Drink more Ovaltine"--"Watch more 'Lost'," or something.
    Nice one, phat!

Sawyer also had animal issues in the first season when he was being "harrassed by a boar."
    When I was reading the online tv description of last night's episode, which made reference to Sawyer being bugged by an animal, I thought maybe it was a repeat of the boar episode. Sawyer and the animals are not friends it would seem.

The actor playing Henry Gale is from Iowa (as per IMDB).
    Last edited by CCL; 02-16-2006 at 04:21 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

oh he was totally smirking... i have to agree that these last few episodes haven't been my favorites, but next week's with Claire and the memories and stuff looks super good! Any predictions on what we'll see out of Charlie's character in the next episodes? I kinda hope he turns back into a good guy.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by ggjr View Post
    the picture that the soldier was holding was a picture of KATE!!!!!

GOOD CATCH!! Totally missed that the first time!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Nice one, phat!

When I was reading the online tv description of last night's episode, which made reference to Sawyer being bugged by an animal, I thought maybe it was a repeat of the boar episode. Sawyer and the animals are not friends it would seem.

The actor playing Henry Gale is from Iowa (as per IMDB).
    Dr. Doolittle he is not. Hey, I was just looking at the transcripts from Episode 3 (?) of season 1 and Hurley had a nickname of his own. He called Sawyer Jethro. It was when he thought Sawyer was hoarding all the food.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    then I noticed that Danielle's grey hair is gone. So somewhere in a bunker they must have a stash of Clairol. The first time we saw her, she had some grey streaks. Last night none.
    I was looking at her too & thought that she looked younger, less wrinkled, cleaner or something. Maybe it was the hair though.

Quote Originally Posted by talula View Post
    Although I think I'm also having issues with this actor in general. I am so used to him being a slimy character from when he was on The Practice and with his shady looks in general, I'm having a hard time trusting him at all.
    Thank you! I couldn't place where I knew this gut from! I was racking my brain to remember if we had seen him somewhere else on Lost, but it was the Practice!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

A few observations:

I know nothing about the symbols, and many people have already posted their possible meanings anyway. But I rewatched the episode today, on a VCR that has "frame advance". That means I can hit "pause" and then advance frame-by-frame to see everything in extremely slow motion. There are 5 spaces on the counter, and only 4 of them settled on a symbol. After the counter hit zero, the black/white numerals became black/red symbols, spinning wildly like a slot machine. It seemed to me that all the symbols flashed on all 5 of the counter spaces at one time or another. Then the #4 position stopped flipping, and settled on the image of the bird. The #3 position settles on the thing that looks like a tree or a sailboat. #5 stops on something that looks like an arrow or a divining rod. #1 position settles on what appears to be a hook. Then Locke enters the last 2 digits and hits "execute". The #2 space never actually stops on a symbol. The numerals reappear and the counter goes back to 108:00. So a complete translation would be impossible. But the general consensus seems to be that it has something to do with death. If only Locke had let that final position come to rest, we'd know. Maybe.

As for Sayid's timeline, this flashback seemed to take place in 1991. He was 23 then, so that would make him 36 now. (2004) The torturing of Nadia was 1997. I think after that one he got out of the army biz. The flashbacks with Essam in Australia were 2004 of course. We also learned that he had no wife, no kids, and his father was considered a hero.

I don't even attempt to keep track of locations on the island, but those who do seem to think our "Fusies" are on the south-west tip of the island, and the "Tailies" landed on the north-east tip, smack dab in "Other" territory. It's possible Henry landed on the north-west area of the island, away from the Others, or more likely - he's just lying.

I suspect Sawyer was going to let Hurley relocate the frog until Hurley brought up the possibility of a "Mrs." The thought of frogs reproducing was just too much for Sawyer. Plus, he figured if he killed it, hundreds of PETA protesters would storm the beach and they'd all be saved.

I must say, I wasn't a Danielle fan last season, but I really enjoyed her reappearance last night. I hope she sticks around.
    Last edited by Qboots; 02-16-2006 at 06:23 PM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread