+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    New guy says he's Henry Gale from Minnesota.
    I'm surprised it wasn't Kansas, as it looks a bit like a Wizard of Oz nod. Dorothy's last name is "Gale," and her aunt and uncle's names are Em(ily) and Henry. And the Wizard flew in and out of Oz in a hot air balloon.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Actually, those "pictures" are Egyptian hieroglyphic symbols. I recognized them from a small book my dad sent me on how to read heiroglyphics. (I'm a language nut.) If/when I have time, I'll pause the tape and look up the symbols and post what I find out -- unless someone else does it first.
    I looked up the basic hieroglypics in this post:
    Lost - Season 2 and there's a link to a full translation of the hieroglyphics someone else found in that post.

Quote Originally Posted by charity View Post
    I looked up the basic hieroglypics in this post:
    Lost - Season 2 and there's a link to a full translation of the hieroglyphics someone else found in that post.
    Thanks! I looked up the hieroglyphs and got a rough transliteration, but of course that was pretty useless as I didn't know what it meant in the original language (duh!). Then again, since the second heiroglyph wasn't actually shown, I wonder if it's something other than that spiraly thingy -- which might change the meaning entirely (to something like "Drink more Ovaltine or die.").
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Great posts from Myrosiedog! I agree with your opinions on Sayid and Jack.

Ohhh, Charity - you must have never had a tree frog chirping outside your bedroom window for weeks! When Hurley wanted to find it a little girl tree frog I thought - noooooo! Don't help them multiply! Has anyone ever posted that these animal vexations must be a manifestation of Sawyer's guilty conscience? They plague him when he is being his most selfish.

I, too, think Mr. Gale was smirking at Sayid.

Could Mrs. Gale - if she existed - have died from the "illness" Danielle spoke of?

Someone check their map - I know somebody is keeping track....
    Did he say they were living on the North side of the island? Isn't that the Other's side that Zeke told the Losties to stay away from? Why is he so special that he gets to live there, hmmmmm? Must keep his feet off of the furniture. Or he is an Other. I still think there are two groups - the boatbilly Others and some cleaned up Others who are scientists/sociologists observing the boatbillies and everyone else. Not sure if all the boatbillies are in it with the scientists, but I do think Zeke is.

If an airliner crashes on an island and the Gales don't hear it, does it make a sound? (My snarky way of wondering how he didn't know there was a BIG plane crash in his back yard - or he did and he is an Other).

This show makes me pick things apart to the point of distraction!
    I thought I detected a slight British accent in his voice. Could be my imagination. Does anyone know if the actor is British? He didn't have a "Minnasowda" accent.

I am so glad to have Danielle back, if only for a while. Love her character.
    Heee Heeee, she trapped an Other!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I dunno, Lost is becoming a pretty lame show lately, I'm just not as interested anymore, but I guess it's because there are too many characters I hate right now. Locke with his holier-than-thou attitude, Claire being a moody bitch and Locke's lapdog, Sayid turning into a royal nutcase, and Sawyer turning into a playground bully. I would really like for Henry to not be an Other just so that fact can be rubbed in know-it-all Sayid's face, and as for Sawyer, I want him dead as soon as possible, especially after his crushing that little frog was the absolute last straw for me, cause I got a soft spot for little frogs that have unique cries.

Looks to me like Sayid and Locke are trying to recruit his own little army now. Right now Claire is Locke's little lapdog and he started showing Michael how to shoot (and look what that lead to), and last night Sayid spoke to Charlie about what the Others have done. Notice that the Others have done enough stuff, but Sayid only mention to Charlie the stuff that he knows will rile Charlie up (his being hung and Claire being abducted) and didn't even bother mentioning other stuff like Scott being killed and Walt being kidnapped. Yup, the survivors are being a little unstable now and I expect them to separate into two or maybe even three groups, and that is so gonna be a disaster.

But I'm just glad the symbols don't translate to the modern equivalent of "Drink more Ovaltine"--"Watch more 'Lost'," or something.
    [Off Topic]"Be Sure To Drink Your Ovaltine...A crummy commercial??? Son of a b****" Love that movie as you can tell from my signature. Good old Ralphie Parker.[/Off Topic]
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Really didn't like this episode either - the whole "dark" spin of the show is unappealing to me. I liked the mystery and a bit of suspense - but the torture, constant fights and general unhappiness is not entertaining.

I hope the writers give us more reasons to care about people. Yes they are showing developed characters flaw and all but I think writers have gone overboard with the "dark" images.

Just an opinion
    Support the FORT - Go Green

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I'm surprised it wasn't Kansas, as it looks a bit like a Wizard of Oz nod. Dorothy's last name is "Gale," and her aunt and uncle's names are Em(ily) and Henry. And the Wizard flew in and out of Oz in a hot air balloon.
    Pretty interesting that his name is Henry Gale and that's the name of Uncle Henry in the Wizard of Oz and in that movie the wizard flies a balloon. Here's a link to the script of Wizard of Oz. http://un-official.com/The_Daily_Script/ms_wizoz.htm I wanted to check and see if the details of the balloon in the script were the same as those 'Henry' gave in last night's episode, but there aren't details of the balloon in the Wizard of Oz. I DEFINITELY don't think that's his real name and that will be something we find out in the
    Click to see Spoiler:
    episodes he's in. But, he's most likely an Other, so nothing he's said so far is probably true.

But, working against my theory that it isn't his real name. . . aren't other character names common history/literary names like 'John Locke' and 'Kate Austen'? Hmm. . .

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    [Off Topic]"Be Sure To Drink Your Ovaltine...A crummy commercial??? Son of a b****" Love that movie as you can tell from my signature. Good old Ralphie Parker.[/Off Topic]
    Jack: "Come on, Sayid! Open up!"

Sayid: "I'll be right out! (Geez!)"

John: "'Eat more...,' 'Eat more...' what? 'Eat more Dharma ranch dressing'?! Son of a...! A crummy commercial!"

Quote Originally Posted by Charity
    But, working against my theory that it isn't his real name. . . aren't other character names common history/literary names like 'John Locke' and 'Kate Austen'? Hmm. . .
    Locke and Rousseau were Enlightenment philosophers.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Add to the list......when Sawyer first walked up on Hurley last night......he called him 'ReRun' .....man, what I flashback to the eighties !! (came from the old TV show "What's Happening")

Sorry, if he's called him that before.......it's the first time I remember hearing it

+ Reply to Thread