+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    This could just be my imagination, but I thought that in the final look between Sayid and new guy "other" - right after Jack pulls Sayid out of the room; there is a split second look of triumph in the other's face, as he looks at Sayid and Jack says "That's enough" and closes the door. If Sayid and Danielle say he is an other; that's good enough for me!
    If it's your imagination, it's mine and my hubby's, too. That's exactly what we saw -- an extremely faint smirk of triumph. Personally, I would have more faith in Sayid's army than Jack's. I don't know if it is just Jack's hippocratic oath that is causing him to interfere with Sayid and Locke, as much as it is his arrogance at knowing the best course of action for all concerned. What kind of tactical training do they get as surgeons, anyway?
    It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got...

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by charity View Post
    Did Sayid leave the wrench in there with Henry?
    If I remember correctly, he did NOT come out of there with it in his hand....not good....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

OK, this is is why I think Henry isn't an Other (like I said, hopefully I am wrong b/c it will make everything interesting!! )

*He is very "clean" compared to the other Others. Granted, when the last spy infiltrated the Tailies, he was clean also, but his clothes were still grungy.

*Notice Henry's shoes- they look newish. Not like he has been running around the island for dramatically longer than the survivors.

*He knows a lot about balloons. I know, I know, cop shows say that the more detail you supply in your alibi, the more likely you are lying. I mean, if someone asked me my backstory I could supply mucho detail and not be lying.

OF COURSE, there could be an explanation for this all- The clothes/shoes could come from a bunker, or from luggage found by the Others. And the guy in his former life could have really been an avid balloonist.

Maybe the Others are relying on the fact that it seems too obvious to send over another spy.

As far as the look on Henry's face- I didn't take it as triumph, I took it as a challenge or pure unadulterated hatred. IF he isn't an Other, how peeved must he be by having the H beat out of him for no reason?

I really liked this week's show. Yay that Sayid was back in the storyline!!
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by charity View Post
    Looks like we have:
    _ _ _
    is that for "cane", and "avian"?

where's Vanna when you need her

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    I totally thought the blast doors were going to come down from the ceiling.

Yes, the sergeant in the back of the truck who asked Sayid if he had a wife and kids was Kate's dad Sam, and he had a photo of Kate. No, the guy in the front of the truck, Inman, is not Zeke. Bearded guy/Mr. Friendly/Zeke is played by M.C. Gainey. Inman was played by Clancy Brown, who will forever be remembered as Zim in "Starship Troopers". By me anyway.

And I believe Henry is an Other. If Sayid says so, it's good enough for me.
    [Off Topic] Starship Troopers was a great movie! [/Off Topic]

I definitely think Henry is an Other. He gives off that vibe pretty strongly. And I definitely think he was smirking in the end. By the way, myrosiedog - nice catch on the Wizard of Oz reference!

Sayid said that after the US invaded his country, for the next 6 years he was a torturer. So that would be 1991 to 1997 or so. I guess that means he was accepted back into the Iraqi army? I would have thought he would be viewed as a traitor (unless he was able to hide his cooperating with the US?).
    Last edited by CCL; 02-16-2006 at 10:21 AM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Sayid said that after the US invaded his country, for the next 6 years he was a torturer. So that would be 1991 to 1997 or so. I guess that means he was accepted back into the Iraqi army? I would have thought he would be viewed as a traitor (unless he was able to hide his cooperating with the US?).
    The only person that knew he cooperated with the US were probably people he tortured for the US while they were there, and then US soldiers may have had orders to kill those guys. So, his cover would have been okay. That was interesting that they gave us another timeline. The first Iraq war was when George HW was president, then US pulled out of Iraq, then Sayid worked as a torturer for 6 years. . . at what time was he asked to torture the girl that he loved. . . at what time was he contacted by the US CIA saying she was in another country and they could put them in contact if he tricked his friend that was planning a bombing. . . ? Do you all remember any of those other scenarios having a timeline?

And here's a direct link to the full translation of the hieroglyphics. Wow! That's what I worried it would mean: http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ieroglyphs.jpg That site thinks the missing symbol is a round squiggly and has a full translation. I'm only working with the basic Egyptian alphabet just for my own enjoyment and get:
    ____ ____
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by charity; 02-16-2006 at 10:37 AM.

Another theory about the counter symbols I've stumbled across on the Web is that they signify the "constellations of Apollo" (whatever that means).

You can view an image with the symbols labeled here: http://www.thetailsection.com/blogpi...toneofthem.jpg

For more information, see this site: http://www.thetailsection.com/ and scroll down one or two entries.

And, yes, that punk-ass John Locke should have just let the counter go.

But I'm just glad the symbols don't translate to the modern equivalent of "Drink more Ovaltine"--"Watch more 'Lost'," or something.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

You can see that the group is splitting up into factions, which probably will be to the Others benefit. Why make a full attack when all you have to do is sit back and wait for them to destroy themselves? I thought for sure Sayid would kill 'Henry' during the torture and then find out later he was telling the truth. But he barely made a dent in the guy for all the beating that took place. Better they should have pretended to beleive Henry's story then watched him carefully.
    After last night can anyone trust Sawyer? He has shown that he is ruthless and will stop at nothing. I hated the way he made fun of Hurley for stashing away some food when Sawyer is the biggest stasher of all.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    After last night can anyone trust Sawyer? He has shown that he is ruthless and will stop at nothing. I hated the way he made fun of Hurley for stashing away some food when Sawyer is the biggest stasher of all.
    I saw a different side of that situation. I saw Hurley finally confronting Sawyer for being mean and calling him fat, then I saw Sawyer soften up a little bit. He actually called him Hurley and said 'please' to get help with the frog. But.....in true Sawyer fashion.....he killed the poor tree frog and put it in Hurley's hand. I wanted that to be a good scene where he gave Hurley a pet, but I was foiled again!

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Finally Locke opens the door and sits down at the computer, but it counts down to zero and pictures come up in place of the digits, kind of like a slot machine.
    Actually, those "pictures" are Egyptian hieroglyphic symbols. I recognized them from a small book my dad sent me on how to read heiroglyphics. (I'm a language nut.) If/when I have time, I'll pause the tape and look up the symbols and post what I find out -- unless someone else does it first.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread