+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

If this is uncool Mods, please delete.

K
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

FORT Fogey
    All the time I couldn't remember where did I see that man until they showed the pic of Kate! It's her dad.

That's why Sayid was on TV screen when Kate came to see her dad.

Ok, I have to say I'm EXTREMELY dissapointed in this episode. What exactly did we find new? That Hurley has a stash of food and that's why he doesn't lose any weight? Big deal!

That Sayid was a torturer? We knew this before. The new guy? Almost no information.
    Ok, we saw some symbols on the counter. This may be something.But overall? Nah!

It was a very dark and heavy episode with not much substance IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by lostonanisland View Post
    woah maybe those are all symbols of the other dharma stations. anyone else hear a door opening when the symbols were popping up?
    I totally thought the blast doors were going to come down from the ceiling.

Yes, the sergeant in the back of the truck who asked Sayid if he had a wife and kids was Kate's dad Sam, and he had a photo of Kate. No, the guy in the front of the truck, Inman, is not Zeke. Bearded guy/Mr. Friendly/Zeke is played by M.C. Gainey. Inman was played by Clancy Brown, who will forever be remembered as Zim in "Starship Troopers". By me anyway.

And I believe Henry is an Other. If Sayid says so, it's good enough for me.
    Last edited by Qboots; 02-15-2006 at 11:22 PM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I don't think it's that we are not "learning" anything.
    I think they are setting us up for things.

Why is Sayid talking to Charlie at the end? Why is Saydi recruiting Locke to change the combination? Why does Sawyer con everyone to get the guns? Why did Jack go to AL to "train" his army?

Foreshadowing. The group is splintering. Lines are being drawn. I think that at some point people are going to have to pick sides (and there are going to be several to choose from).

ETA: Sayid is totally losing it (ie screaming about burying the woman you love- Can you say "projecting"?.. I think he unfortunately can't be trusted right now due to emotional strain- which is why I think Jack didn't approach his about the army thing. Once again, I like Sayid and hope I am wrong.) I can't go w/ Sayid's judgement at this time.
    Last edited by Chickngirl; 02-15-2006 at 11:28 PM.
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

MRD
    Henry Gale is the name of Dorothy's Uncle Henry in the Wizard of Oz.

A hot air balloon also figures in this movie as the Wizard used it to get to Oz to become the Wizard and he is going to use it to take Dorothy back to Kansas. He says he was blown off course and ended up in Oz.

Oz is also the nickname for Australia.

Connections? Or just the writers/producers playing with us???
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fanatic
    omg those are heiroglyphics on the counter!
    im gonna find a translation.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post

A hot air balloon also figures in this movie as the Wizard used it to get to Oz to become the Wizard and he is going to use it to take Dorothy back to Kansas. He says he was blown off course and ended up in Oz.

Wow myrosiedog! What a great observation!!! Loving it!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post

I get the feeling they play with us more and more each week, and they really enjoy it.

Looks like the next new episode is March 1.

I need to go back and rewatch this of course, but one of the counter symbols looks like a sailboat to me. One is obviously a bird. Is the other one a screw?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    Wow myrosiedog! What a great observation!!! Loving it!!

Well the Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie and I have tons of Wizard of Oz collectibles, trivia game, etc.
    I was on the edge of my seat the rest of the show waiting to get in here and show off to you all. Everyone else always has such great observations and sees stuff I never see or get and finally I got something!!!

Ok, now I feel worthy.

This was a very intense episode.

I figure the man in the truck who spoke Iraqi all along was probably CIA and I figured he would try to "turn" Sayid. Did you see Sayid's face when he found out he spoke the language and really didn't need Sayid after all?

I agree that the group is splintering, but Sayid and AL are right, the others are out there, they have done stuff to both the talies and to our first group. The beach party is over, they need to get serious about protection and finding out as much as they can about the others.

Jack has sworn the hippocratic oath to do no harm and he is a very honorable man and that is why he doesn't condone the torture. Personally I don't either, but right now, these people (and I think so far its ONLY Sayid, Locke and AL that know it) are in a very dangerous situation and they need to quit picnicing on the beach and get serious about a plan for the future.
    It's been over 50 days so they know rescue is probably not going to happen and they know that strange things have been happening on the island.
    Personally I think Sayid and Locke realize that its time to fish or cut bait and Jack is going to hold them back. He'll be willing to kill in self defense in a "war", but he cannot hold with what Sayid is doing to Henry Gale in the vault and right now information is what they need.
    The intelligence units are the most valuable units in any war as they provide the troops with the information they need to plan their tactics.
    So if Jack wants to start an Army, he needs intelligence as well (Sayid and Locke).
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Way to go myrosiedog! I would have never put that connection together! TPTB are so toying with us!!!!

+ Reply to Thread