+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 520 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484134 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    Qboots - you're SO good. Never caught that it was Shannon's dad.... nor the time of death.

Was it Sarah that ran into Mr. Rutherford (thus unintentionally killing him) or did he run into her car? I think it was the former, right?

And that was a great catch Qboots. I totally did NOT catch that...

And Shannon and Boone actually didn't have the same biological parents, since they were stepsiblings (just in reference to someone who asked).

p.s. and not that I ever expect to have any spoilers to thrill any of you with, but how do you put those into your posts so that they don't appear unless you highlight them? Thanks!

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    I think that one of the EMTs said her tire blew out and her car crossed the median strip, running head-on into the SUV.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tigergirl
    I think that one of the EMTs said her tire blew out and her car crossed the median strip, running head-on into the SUV.
    Oooh! I had that same thing happen with my tire, but luckily there was no traffic whatsoever.

I think I read in TV Guide that they're not going to bring the guys on the raft back to the island for a few episodes at least. They also may not all survive, though I'm guessing Sawyer will be back since he's so popular. I really like Jin and Michael, too, so I hope they all make it back and they're able to save Walt!

You know, I was thinking about Hurley and why he doesn't lose any weight...well, none of them are looking any worse for wear. And if the island does have "mystical" powers (Locke can walk all of the sudden), then his weight may be stable as well.

Just a theory...

I'm just waiting for the day Vincent starts talking...in Korean!

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Sonething else I found to be.....different, than last season. Last season, Locke never really felt that he was in danger, from anything. Even in Exodus (2), when he was being dragged by whatever that thing was, he wasn't afraid, because he thought he was being tested.
    At the end of "MOS,MOF", Locke was being held at gunpoint, and, to me, he looked like he was afraid, because he wasn't in control of the situation, or at least he didn't think he was in control.

And this just came to mind. What will become of the undergroud bunker? Obviously, everyone will find out about it (they know there is a hatch, and they know that Locke and Kate were going to go into it), and once they find out about how much more advanced it is, lifestlye-wise, than what they've been living the past 40 days, they'll want in! I'm afraid that the creators will pull another "Ethan": have Desmond killed after 3 or 4 eps, and then have the bunker suddenly collapse in on itself or something.
    Last edited by Canada Champ; 09-22-2005 at 06:09 PM.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Well, this is just freaky! There's a dude living in the hatch! Haven't seen his face yet, but he has electricity, and food, and guns, and he listens to Mama Cass records.
    Thank you! I had no idea who that was singing.

Was the guy with the gun the guy he met when he was running up the stairs and twisted his ankle?

Front loading washers and dryers have been around commercially for a long time were these the new kind I didn't see or just front loading?

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    The equipment looked to me like it was there to test something or monitor something. But I, too, thought perhaps the guy was using all that stuff to create all the weird stuff on the island. Although that doesn't really explain whatever grabbed Locke last season and almost pulled him down a hole.
    It kind of does, though. I got the DVD recently, and have been cramming, so I just happened to have watched that episode that other day. Remember that weird noise we heard when Locke was getting pulled down? That metallic, cranking noise. Like chain being wound back around a huge winch or something. Definitely seemed man made, not organic, like a monster.

Awesome premiere, I loved it, though I did get somewhat sick of all the Jack screen-time. It was hysterical to see him with that awful haircut. I much prefer him with that buzz cut.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle
    I saw the 108 as well, and decided it needed further examination and came up with this: 4+8+15+16+23+42=108. Very interesting.
    Oh my gosh, great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ
    Sonething else I found to be.....different, than last season. Last season, Locke never really felt that he was in danger, from anything. Even in Exodus (2), when he was being dragged by whatever that thing was, he wasn't afraid, because he thought he was being tested.
    At the end of "MOS,MOF", Locke was being held at gunpoint, and, to me, he looked like he was afraid, because he wasn't in control of the situation, or at least he didn't think he was in control.

And this just came to mind. What will become of the undergroud bunker? Obviously, everyone will find out about it (they know there is a hatch, and they know that Locke and Kate were going to go into it), and once they find out about how much more advanced it is, lifestlye-wise, than what they've been living the past 40 days, they'll want in! I'm afraid that the creators will pull another "Ethan": have Desmond killed after 3 or 4 eps, and then have the bunker suddenly collapse in on itself or something.
    Makes a lot of sense to me, Canada. And I agree, Locke, for once, looked frightened. I don't think what was in the hatch was what Locke though it might be...

at tigergirl's Extreme Makeover: Bunker addition

re: The Whirpool appliance. Remember everything is there for a reason - so, perhaps the island is surrounded by a whirlpool, which is why the others cannot leave.... Question: was the word Whirlpool definately shown? Or was it simply a front loading commercial type machine? Just wondering before I go off on some whirlpool tangent

Lucy - I am really intrigued by the Alice in Wonderland reference Love the idea that it may be a portal (hence the sunlight). I don't think that's too off the wall at all In fact, I'm thinking you really might be onto something there.

The picture of the symbol found inside Desmond's lair - could that be a map? Perhaps of interconnecting tunnels, with different hatches..... surrounding a central vortex (his bunker) or perhaps a whirlpool (of sorts) - a portal, if you will, into the other world????

My other thought on that - kind of a stylized spider web: a reference to all the interconnecting threads between the plane crash survivors... which brings to mind "oh what wicked webs we weave when we first practice to deceive"

Lois Lane:
    spoiler tags are done as follows:
    [spoiler ]message[/spoiler ]
    (note: I've inserted spaces after the word spoiler, otherwise it would go into spoiler mode and not show you how to do it, but you should not include the spaces. )

Max Fisher - interesting information. Some of it was already mentioned here (by Qboots, if you had read the thread) and pardon me for saying so, but some people might , I think, consider the actual words spoken (assuming that's true) a spoiler, because it wasnt clear from the show. Just saying.

Someone upthread asked what CR on the bottle Desmond of the substance was injecting - could be Controlled Release My best guess is the substance was either steriods or antibiotics.

Finally, no idea why but I do NOT believe Desmond is an "other".
    Last edited by ADKLove; 09-22-2005 at 06:55 PM.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    I'm just waiting for the day Vincent starts talking...in Korean!
    You need to warn people! I just spilled my drink all over keyboard!

+ Reply to Thread