+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Where does one exacly "hide" that many weapons anyway? And how does Sawyer expect to have access to them freely? Wouldn't the rest of them set up shifts watching Sawyer's every movement?

If they ever disarm Sawyer, I'd expect to see them put him in "jail" since they can no longer trust him.

Not only that, but the guns are probably not secured like they were when they were locked up. I can forsee "the others" finding them and then the losties won't have any protection at all. And it will be all Sawyer's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    I think I disagree.

Why are we assuming that the money was fake? The whole point of the long con was to get the girl to get REAL money in order to con "someone else". I think it's still on my TiVO. If it is I am going to rewatch that scene.

Also, and again I'll rewatch if I can, I didn't see it as a "smirk" when he turned the picture over. I saw it as a "I could have loved you so don't look at me because under it all I'm still a con man".

I still think he gave her some of the money, because what I remember seeing in his bag didn't look like 600,000... like I know what that looks like
    I thought it was pretty plain and I've only watched the episode once. Until I saw him sitting in an empty car with an empty briefcase, I thought (A) he was doing the 'right thing' and sent the $$ with her to meet her later, or (B) he sent her with the money and his partner was going to rob her or kidnap her around the corner. But, when he went in the house and got the bag FULL OF MONEY, turns over the picture (presumably in guilt), and then we see him tell Charlie on the island that he's never done anything good. . . you know that (C) he pulled the Long Con on her and even on his partner.
    --------------------
    I was interested in the fact that Locke was looking through the books. I hope he finds more clues or more parts of the film!
    --------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Not only that, but the guns are probably not secured like they were when they were locked up. I can forsee "the others" finding them and then the losties won't have any protection at all. And it will be all Sawyer's fault.
    I thought that as well. Unless Sawyer found another hatch or bunker to hide the guns, there's nowhere in the jungle that's safe. He would have been better off to try and hide them in the hatch somewhere, possibly underneath it all like where Jack & Sayid were looking around many episodes ago. That's got to be safer than out in the jungle. Hmmm. . .
    Last edited by charity; 02-12-2006 at 01:12 PM.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by charity View Post
    Unless Sawyer found another hatch or bunker to hide the guns, there's nowhere in the jungle that's safe. He would have been better off to try and hide them in the hatch somewhere, possibly underneath it all like where Jack & Sayid were looking around many episodes ago. That's got to be safer than out in the jungle. Hmmm. . .
    true, but it would be harder for Sawyer to go unnoticed trying to get access to them in the hatch.

I guess it is one of those details that defies plausibility.

like, why hasn't anyone gone back to the nose section to retrieve useful materials...

FORT Fanatic
    maybe he hid them where charlie hid his statues...

Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Did you mean to type Sawyer where I bolded? I don't see Charlie conning anyone.
    I stand corrected. Too many characters and I'm too excited to think properly. So sorry guys.

I also wonder what Locke was looking for in all of the books. And good question all: where is a better or safe hiding place than in the lockup? That sure would put a big spin on things if the Others found them like you suggested. Now that Charlie didn't want the drugs, that leaves them still with Sawyer I guess.

So Sawyer is the only one who has knowledge and access to the guns, the drugs, and the medicine now. That does not look good.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

M.R. should have taken an early cue from Josh H.

http://www.celebrityspider.com/news/...020906-16.html

I think she may be trying now, but it's too little too late for me.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

IMHO, Sawyer sent the girl out the back door to die. I mean come on, what is she going to do? Run through back yards jumping fences to get away? She had no packed bags, nothing. I doubt he parked a car out there for her to drive off in. I bet his partner was out back waiting to take her out, which is why he waited for the count. I could be wrong, but it just doesn't add up for me.

I truly believe that there was a deep part of him that really loved Cassidy. I don't think even he would be cruel enough to just send an innocent girl outside to her death.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

There really is no cut-and-dried answer on this con. People on many different sites have many different opinions of what went down. Maybe the powers-that-be did that deliberately to let us each come up with our own interpretation, or maybe the scene was just poorly directed.

I think the title “The Long Con” refers to Sawyer conning both Cassidy and Gordy right from the start, as well as the con Sawyer pulled on everyone on the island.

Gordy’s a pretty dumpy looking guy (no offence to Kevin Dunn) so he couldn’t do the con on his own – he needed a ladies’ man like Sawyer. I think Sawyer’s wheels probably started turning the minute Gordy presented him with the idea. And other than find the mark, Gordy did nothing. Sawyer did the 6 months of working Cassidy, so he probably felt he deserved all the money.

If Gordy was part of it, why wouldn’t he be in the car, with the driver’s side facing the house so he could be seen looking menacingly at the house? It would have been much safer than parking an empty car out there for her to see.

I’m guessing the count-to-5 was just to make sure she was really gone and hadn’t turned right around and followed him out to the car. She had previously proven herself to be pretty savvy. As far as telling Gordy the deal was off, that may have been a miscalculation on Sawyer’s part. He probably hoped Gordy would just accept that, and not come after them.

I think Sawyer really did rent her a car so she would be far away before she realizes she's been had. I think Cassidy got a big bag of nothin’ and Sawyer got all the cash. He probably knows Gordy won’t kill her – she got swindled too. There would be no point. At some point she’ll realize she’s been had and return home to find the final insult – the turned-down photo.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan
    That would be bad. Very bad. But "The Others" don't seem to operate on this side of the island. "Zeke" showed them a line they aren't supposed to cross. Probably the Dark Territory. I think The Others will stick to their deal and not come sniffing around as long as our castaways leave them alone as well. I think the tailies were in the Dark Territory and that's why they were targeted so often. As long as we don't know if Ethan was an Other, we have no evidence that they've ever come near fuselage beach. So I'm really hoping the guns stay safe.
    Last edited by Qboots; 02-13-2006 at 01:19 PM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread