+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

I'm confused about this part too. I thought he convinced her he had to give the money to the partner to save their lives. She left, he pretended to meet the partner in the car, she drove off. He can back in the house, got the money and left.
    Don't know for sure....I didn't tape it so I can't re-watch.
    ETA: I thought he might have left himself open to be able to follow her to the motel. Maybe another flashback...

I'm editing again.... SEMI-SPOILER ALERT
    http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ausiello/AusielloReport scroll to bottom of page
    Last edited by Noreen; 02-10-2006 at 04:16 PM.

I would have loved to have seen a twist on the Sawyer con that while he was out pretending to give the money in the car - SHE came back in and switched the bags because she would have known him well enough by now that he still had the capability of conning her. It would have been great to see the look on his face when he opened the duffle bag later and saw that he had the fake stash.

What I don't get though is that the other guy, his partner, really did threaten him if he didn't go through with it. So why didn't Sawyer really give her the cash and meet up with her later? With $600,000 he could have disappeared and his partner never would have found him - but he probably did stiff the partner too anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan
    .....I'm assuming Charlie reset the button while Sawyer was out hiding the guns. It sounds like Sawyer came up with the plan because Charlie was in awe of how someone could come up with something like that, but Charlie got involved because he wanted to make Locke look bad because of his (Lockes) recent closeness to Claire and for decking him. Is that right or did it happen another way?
    we saw sawyer resetting the computer when Jack came in. I assumed that he had Charlie follow Locke, then afterwards went to move the guns.

PWS... the way I saw it, sawyer put most of the money in one duffle and gave it to the woman, then took some for himself. I don't know why he bothered going out to the car without the money though, that makes no sense.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    OK, someone who taped it (calling Qboots!) has to look at this in slow mo and tell us what really happened! Obviously none of us paid enough attention to his hands, only the emotions! Suckers all!

FORT Fan
    My recollection is Sawyer comes into the home and there is an open brief case full of money (presumably fake) in plain view. Sawyer starts telling his story. While he tells his story, he starts taking money from the brief case and putting it into a bag. He tells the girl to go and she takes the bag and runs out the back door. Sawyer goes to the car with an empty brief case. After counting to five, he retrieves a bag from under the table cloth filled with money.

Whooeee What a great show!

Norm has it right. I just watched my tape. There is one briefcase and TWO bags. Sawyer takes the (fake) money from the briefcase and puts it into the FIRST bag for the girl to take. Under the guise of "he loves her but he can't go with her" plight. She takes off with the fake money, thinking it is real. Sawyer takes the empty briefcase and does the phoney sit in the car thing, just in case. He then returns to the house to get the real money which he already stashed in bag number TWO (under the table on the chair). He smirks at the photo of the girl and him, turning it over, and leaves. Money in hand. He never did love her nor did he ever intend to go away with her. It's All About The Money.

The only part that wasn't cleared up for me was that partner/guy who met Sawyer in the cafe earlier on. I think Sawyer said what he said in order to scam that man as well. To make him believe that Sawyer will take off with the girl he is in love with.(which he really isn't) So if the man in the cafe tries to follow, he will follow the girl with the phony money and both will be SOL. And Sawyer disappears into the sunset with the $600,000. As Sawyer said later, he has never done any good in his entire life.

With respect to Charlie and Sawyer, Charlie pulled the long con on everyone. He manipulated Charlie, Sun, Freckles, Jack, Locke, Ana Lucia. The works. No one saw it coming. Charlie did not take the drugs when Sawyer offered them to him. Charlie did it for revenge against Locke only. And don't expect Sawyer to keep the secret that it was Charlie who knocked out Sun. That may come to light when it is useful to Sawyer.

Question remains, even though Sawyer felt done wrong by previous events, what is his Big Plan for the future and having sole knowledge of the cache of guns?

This just keeps on getting better all the time. Loved the ending with the Moonlight Serenade.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I can't help but love Sawyer though - those eyes, that face, that smile - he can con me anytime

ACF I never said I didn't LIKE Sawyer, I just might not respect him, in the morning, I mean .
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    ACF I never said I didn't LIKE Sawyer, I just might not respect him, in the morning, I mean .
    I hear ya! I just hope the show doesn't take him in a direction that makes him totally unredeemable.

I think I disagree.

Why are we assuming that the money was fake? The whole point of the long con was to get the girl to get REAL money in order to con "someone else". I think it's still on my TiVO. If it is I am going to rewatch that scene.

Also, and again I'll rewatch if I can, I didn't see it as a "smirk" when he turned the picture over. I saw it as a "I could have loved you so don't look at me because under it all I'm still a con man".

I still think he gave her some of the money, because what I remember seeing in his bag didn't look like 600,000... like I know what that looks like

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty
    With respect to Charlie and Sawyer, Charlie pulled the long con on everyone. He manipulated Charlie, Sun, Freckles, Jack, Locke, Ana Lucia.
    Did you mean to type Sawyer where I bolded? I don't see Charlie conning anyone.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread