+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickngirl View Post
    I thought the radio said it was an USO station and it was playing Big Band music (ie like WWIIish time frame). Then Hurley made the joke about radio signals from another time (but maybe it wasn't really a joke).
    I went back and listend and the radio call letters were WSR. I googled that and WSR is Weather Service Radio here in the states.

Dh says that in the early days of radio, big cities like New York had radio stations with only 3 call letters instead of 4 like they have today. I tried to google WSR for a "regular" (not weather related) station and found an online station with those letters. Anyone else know anything about radio stations?

The USO doesn't have radio stations, but the Armed Services Network does.

It was definetly big band station as the song that finished up was Duke Ellington before they went into Glenn Miller.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

After months of avoiding this show, I watched the recap episode "Revelation" on Jan. 11 and the new episode that aired immediately after...and I'm completely hooked on it!

I'm hooked to the point that I looked for every Lost resource I could find online and read episode recap after episode recap so that I could be caught up.

I thought last night's episode was fairly good, although I don't like Sawyer and didn't think his back story was particularly compelling.

I am, however, giddy like a fanboy with anticipation of next week's episode. I was just thinking last night that it was about time they let the counter run down to see what would happen. I love how the show keeps the viewers on their toes, keeps the viewers guessing.

Finally, as to the overall mystery, I'm in the camp of people who thinks it's all about the numbers (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42). And although I came to the conclusion on my own before seeing other Web pages about the same thing, I think The Numbers have to do with latitude/longitude.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

(1) I'm trying to find the easter egg that ABC had on the Lost site for a while. Didn't they have a page of what was a fake script for a Lost episode called 'Evil Twin' where
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jack was supposed to encounter his evil twin
    ? Can anyone find a link to it? I think that ties into the screenplay Hurley found.

(2) Here are 22 screencaps of the preview: http://lost-media.com/modules.php?na...lbum=957&pos=0 It shows the face of the guy Danielle caught and showed Sayid, then Sayid tortures. Picture 6 has the guy. He's also mentioned in the description for next week someone said on the ABC board. Here he is in real life: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0256237/

(3) Here's the description for next week's episode from Yahoo! TV:
    Lost
    WTVQ Feb 15 09:00pm
    Series/Drama, 63 Mins.

"One of Them"
    When Rousseau leads Sayid to a mysterious captive in the jungle, he becomes determined to find out if he is one of the ``Others.''

Cast: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Naveen Andrews, Emilie De Ravin, Matthew Fox, Jorge Garcia, Josh Holloway, Malcolm David Kelley, Daniel Dae Kim, Yoon-jin Kim, Evangeline Lilly, Dominic Monaghan, Terry O'Quinn, Michelle Rodriguez, Lindsey Ginter, Mira Furlan, Michael Emerson, Marc Casabani, Theo Rossi, Clancy Brown.
    Director(s): Stephen Williams.
    Producer(s): J.J. Abrams , Damon Lindelof, Bryan Burk.
    Writer(s): Damon Lindelof, Carlton Cuse.

Original Airdate: February 15, 2006.
    Last edited by charity; 02-09-2006 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phat32 View Post
    After months of avoiding this show, I watched the recap episode "Revelation" on Jan. 11 and the new episode that aired immediately after...and I'm completely hooked on it!
    Welcome phat! I'm clueless as to why you would have spent months avoiding "Lost" but I'm happy about your recent 'revelation'. You'll enjoy being a Lostling! Come in, sit down, take your shoes off. Can we offer you a beverage?

Quote Originally Posted by phat32 View Post
    I am, however, giddy like a fanboy with anticipation of next week's episode. I was just thinking last night that it was about time they let the counter run down to see what would happen.
    My thoughts exactly. Good thing I'm not in the bunker - I would have let it run out on day 1.

Wikipedia had this to say about the manuscript Hurley found:
    Hyperion Books will be publishing a metafictional book entitled Bad Twin, written by fictional author Gary Troup who was a passenger of Oceanic Flight 815.
    So that's cool - I guess we are to believe that Gary died in the crash and his book was published posthumously.

Thanks, charity, for the info on next week's guest star. I remember him from several episodes of "The Practice" where he played a particularly creepy guy.

Over at The Fuselage they seem to think the radio station call letters were WXR, which was a Coast Guard radio station from Alaska - circa 1945.
    Last edited by Qboots; 02-09-2006 at 12:33 PM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post

Hyperion Books will be publishing a metafictional book entitled Bad Twin, written by fictional author Gary Troup who was a passenger of Oceanic Flight 815.
    So that's cool - I guess we are to believe that Gary died in the crash and his book was published posthumously.
    Too cool! I read somewhere that the actual author of the book will be a very famous one. Any takers on who it might be? Of course, I'm taking the "very famous author" clue (actually, the "very" part might be a fabrication of mine. I'm sure I read it was someone famous, though) and going wild with it: yes, I'll say it, I'm hoping for Stephen King.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by Chickngirl View Post
    Also, thanks for pointing out that it was Kate's mom in the diner.
    We need to start a list ov everyone's interconnections.
    Check out this site, they have a great list of connections that tells how everyone connects to each other. http://www.losthatch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    2 new nicknames from Sawyer tonight. He called AL "Lu-Lu" and he called Sun "Tokyo Rose". He also called Locke Hoss. I think he's over-using that one.
    I think he also called Jack - Jacko!

FORT Regular
    An article at MSNBC.com also says that the radio station was WXR.

I loved the show last night and didn't see Charlie's involvement with Sun's 'kidnapping' coming at all. Wonderful to be surprised like that! Also totally cracked up when Sawyer took all the guns - the looks on the faces of Jack and Locke..... too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    Too cool! I read somewhere that the actual author of the book will be a very famous one. Any takers on who it might be? Of course, I'm taking the "very famous author" clue (actually, the "very" part might be a fabrication of mine. I'm sure I read it was someone famous, though) and going wild with it: yes, I'll say it, I'm hoping for Stephen King.
    I'd be surprised if it was anyone other than Stephen King. He's a big fan.
    There's even been a rumor of him having a bit part in a flashback.
    Last edited by Qboots; 02-09-2006 at 01:26 PM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I remember reading An Occurance at Owl Creek Bridge in middle school. It was set in the Civil War period, I believe, and was about a man being put to death by hanging. It tells about how he escapes and how he makes it back home, only to find out he was dead the whole time and all the story had been in a moments flash while he was hung. Anyways, that probably means absolutely nothing to the storyline, but on another note, Go Sawyer! hehe
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post

[I]Hyperion Books will be publishing a metafictional book entitled Bad Twin, .
    Qboots, Oh great, all seeing, all knowing one

What is a metafictional book?

As an avid reader of just about anything (with the exception of romance and western), I don't think I've ever encountered that phrase before.

Now for the rest of you guys? Who all plans to read this book? Show of hands please????
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread