+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

FORT Lurker
    Here's the book Hurley was reading (out May 2):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/140...Fencoding=UTF8

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    Cassidy looks familiar. Can we find out the actress portraying her?
    Her name is Kim Dickens. Here is her IMDb file:
    http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0225332/

Quote Originally Posted by lostonanisland
    is locke looking for more film splices?
    That would be my guess. The film seems to be missing several pieces.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by cpp_nh View Post

Very interesting!!! Wonder what's the tie in, other than financial...

thanks for the link

I know I feel dumb for not suspecting charlie.....
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 02-08-2006 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Her name is Kim Dickens. Here is her IMDb file:
    http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0225332/

That would be my guess. The film seems to be missing several pieces.
    Okay. I remember her from "Hollow Man"
    It did seem like there were still some missing pieces.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Hee! I'm watching Law & Order now, and Jack's dad is on!

Man, I feel bad for Sawyer. Crappy childhood, worthless adulthood, and has convinced himself he's beyond redemption. We have seen him do some fairly good things on the island, and I'm really pissed that when he went off on the raft to seek help, everyone just helped themselves to his stuff. Poor guy. If only I was on the island, I'm sure I could help him feel better........
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fogey
    ok, help me here. So what happenned to Sawyer's partner? was he in too or Sawyer managed to put switcheroo on him too?

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by cpp_nh View Post

Did you read the synopsis of the book? Is it ok to post it here? It had some VERY familiar issues to Lost in the book. And as I read it, I at first thought of Sawyer as the evil twin. Hmmm,,,,

TOTALLY surprised at Charlie tonight. Did not see that one coming.
    I'm not really liking Charlie, but I like locke less, so feel he had it coming. I used to like Charlie, but he's got some problems too. I guess they all do. No one there is sin free it seems.There is definetly something strange with Locke wanting access to ALL the guns, even the ones Jack had in the suitcase.
    I was highly amused that Sawyer took them away from Locke and Jack. Since both of them think they are TPTB on the island and no one else has a say, the look on their faces when Sawyer came out and said "there's a new sheriff in town" was priceless.

And Hurley's quip about the radio station coming from another time. Is that another dig at us obsessed fans and the ideas we come up with trying to explain this show's premise?

Also it sounded like the radio said it was station WSR something. That would mean a US radio station east of the Mississippi as K's are used for the first call letter W. of the Mississippi. Wonder if there is a significance there?

ETA:

OK, I'm posting the Amazon review. Read the part about the Author.
    If its not ok with the mods, let me know, but I went back and re-read the synopis and caught the part about the author. Things that make you go hmmmmmm............

Bad Twin
    Book Description
    Sometimes evil has a familiar face . . .
    Paul Artisan, P.I. is a new version of an old breed -- a righter of wrongs, someone driven to get to the bottom of things. Too bad his usual cases are of the boring malpractice and fraud variety. Until now.

His new gig turns on the disappearance of one of a pair of twins, adult scions of a rich but tragedy-prone family. The missing twin -- a charismatic poster-boy for irresponsibility -- has spent his life daring people to hate him, punishing himself endlessly for his screw-ups and misdeeds. The other twin -- Artisan's client -- is dutiful and resentful in equal measure, bewildered that his "other half" could have turned out so badly, and wracked by guilt at his inability to reform him. He has a more practical reason, as well, for wanting his brother found: their crazy father, in failing health and with guilty secrets of his own, will not divide the family fortune until both siblings are accounted for.

But it isn't just a fortune that's at stake here. Truth itself is up for grabs, as the detective's discoveries seem to challenge everything we think we know about identity, and human nature, and family. As Artisan journeys across the globe to track down the bad twin, he seems to have moved into a mirror-world where friends and enemies have a way of looking very much alike. The P.I. may have his long-awaited chance to put his courage and ideals to the test, but if he doesn't get to the bottom of this case soon, it could very well cost him his life.

Troup's long-awaited Bad Twin is a suspenseful novel that touches on many powerful themes, including the consequence of vengeance, the power of redemption, and where to turn when all seems lost.

About the Author
    Bad Twin is the highly-anticipated new novel by acclaimed mystery writer Gary Troup. Bad Twin was delivered to Hyperion just days before Troup boarded Oceanic Flight 815, which was lost in flight from Sydney, Australia to Los Angeles in September 2004. He remains missing and is presumed dead.
    Last edited by MRD; 02-08-2006 at 10:28 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post

Also it sounded like the radio said it was station WSR something. That would mean a US radio station east of the Mississippi as K's are used for the first call letter W. of the Mississippi. Wonder if there is a significance there?
    sawyer was counting to 5 mississippi in the last part of his fb...

Wow... I can't believe how disappointed I am in that tonight, nothing surprised me. For some reason, ever since I saw Sun taken away, I knew it wasn't Ana Lucia (they made the suspicions on her too obvious so it just couldn't be her), and as the episode progressed I correctly Sawyer planned it all, I correctly guessed he had an accomplice and correctly guessed it was Charlie. How weird.

Not much character development tonight, other than showing us that Ana Lucia is not as bad as people make her out to be, and it was cool seeing Charlie's dark side (cool angle in which he was filmed near the end with the shadowsalong his face to display dark side). Sawyer, well, glad I can go back to hating his guts, and Locke is still annoying me to no end with his holier-than-thou attitude lately. Overall, I just hope next episode is better, cause this one was pretty much a borefest to me.

FORT Fogey
    did anyone catch the title of the book LOCKE was holding in the hatch? Something "Owl...."

+ Reply to Thread