+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

FORT Fanatic
    just wanted to share what i found on triple A aka mr. eko.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060202/...RrBHNlYwM3NjI-

'Lost' Actor Delivers State Senate Prayer

HONOLULU - One of the actors of the ABC series "Lost" left behind his star power to promote a different type of strength among local lawmakers — harmony and hope.

Dressed in a simple gray suit draped with a single strand of maile leaves, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, a devout Buddhist, quietly delivered the traditional, daily prayer before the state Senate on Tuesday.

"I thank you very much, deeply, from the root of my heart because I believe this is what my mission is in life to share this practice and to create dialogue with others," Akinnuoye-Agbaje said.

Akinnuoye-Agbaje plays the character of Mr. Eko, a former African drug lord who had taken on the identity of a Roman Catholic priest. The series is filmed in Hawaii.

Akinnuoye-Agbaje read the 23rd Psalm, which is also the title of the "Lost" episode during which Eko's violent past and struggle for redemption are revealed.

Akinnuoye-Agbaje was invited to deliver the invocation by Sen. Fred Hemmings, R-Lanikai-Waimanalo, after the senator saw the episode featuring Eko's story.

Though the show has been sweeping up awards, including a Golden Globe last month for best television drama series, Akinnuoye-Agbaje called his appearance before the Hawaii Legislature "the pinnacle" of his career.

"This to me is the greatest reward because it's based upon my faith," he said in an interview following the invocation.

Hey, Florimel, this one's for you!!!!!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=84963

Don't read the above link if you don't want to be spoiled, though I highly doubt this will be a well- kept secret.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Is MR going, going, gone? The article calls her a "hit". Did they mean that literally?
    Last edited by cricketeen; 02-02-2006 at 03:47 PM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post

Don't read the above link if you don't want to be spoiled, though I highly doubt this will be a well- kept secret.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Is MR going, going, gone? The article calls her a "hit". Did they mean that literally?

Wow if this is true.

MR got a lucky ticket as an actress by getting on the hit show and a chance to be recognised as a part of the such phenomena as "Lost". She just blew it.

FORT Fanatic
    i just saw MR in resident evil. her character there really reminds me of ana-lucia.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post

[spoiler]
    Thanks, cricketeen. I shall be crossing all available body parts that this is truly true.

If this is true:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I won't be missing her, although I do think she was giving a good performance in her role. She really has messed with her life, not sure whether this is rock bottom for her; but I hope it becomes a lfe changing opportunity.

Saw Dominic on a show recently, and he confirmed there would be more deaths coming up.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    You think they
    Click to see Spoiler:
    had a secret party when they found out who was gonna die
    ?

OK, Canadachamp - I now have coffee up my nose!

I just hope that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    they don't try to make us feel sorry for her the way they did before Shannon was killed - .
    If that article is accurate, crying over her grave might be too much to ask of the cast! Matthew Fox will really be earning his bonus!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    OK so now that we know this fact, how do you think
    Click to see Spoiler:
    they're gonna have her killed? We've already had deaths by accident (Boone falling in the plane) and mistaken identity (AL shooting Shannon because she thought she was an Other). What else is up Lost's alley of deaths?

FORT Fan
    my guess
    Click to see Spoiler:
    is during the 'war' between the others or even maybe Locke killing her, since he is going in a dark direction

+ Reply to Thread