+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl View Post
    It bugs me that US shows ALWAYS seem to show red phone boxes when a scene is set in Britain. I haven't seen a red phone box in years!
    psst.....it's supposed to be a flashback so it goes back some odd # of years.....psst

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    ok, this one annoyed the h...out of me.

If you want respect, you better ACT to deserve it.

http://apnews1.iwon.com/article/20060128/D8FDC6DO0.html

Rodriguez of 'Lost' Calls for Respect

The law is such a game. I am waiting to read that she changed her plea from not-guilty to no-contest in exchange for rehab or a short sentence.
    I am just guessing that her not-guilty plea was a bid to buy time to continue working on the show. It looks like her part was going to become pretty important, but the way this show turns on a dime, they could write her out tomorrow and we would be none the wiser.
    Her character certainly seems to polarize people. Some people really like AL and some just love to hate her - which brings a spice to the show. Given her recent problems combined with some other quotes I've read in the past few days that are attributed to her (besides these); I just can't stand the sight of her.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Fogey
    http://apnews1.iwon.com/article/20060130/D8FENHU80.html

Cast of 'Lost' Celebrates Ensemble Acting
    Jan 29, 9:24 PM (ET)

LOS ANGELES - You've heard it before: It's an honor just to be nominated.

And when the nomination comes for the entire cast, it's even better, said the stars of "Lost" moments before they walked into the Shrine Auditorium on Sunday and learned they had won the Screen Actors Guild Award for best ensemble performance in a drama series.

"We're nominated by actors, who are a very snooty, very discerning kind of race," said Dominic Monaghan, who plays Charlie on the series. "Ultimately this show is an ensemble show. It's acted by a group of 16 or 17 very talented actors, and no one really stands above anyone else."

It is a diverse cast, however, said Naveen Andrews, who plays Sayid Jarrah.

"I think we're sort of pushing the envelope in that way," Andrews said during a stop on the red carpet. "You won't see this kind of cast anywhere else. It's highly unusual, and if people can learn from that, that would be good."

[QUOTE=cricketeen;1756480]I am just guessing that her not-guilty plea was a bid to buy time to continue working on the show. It looks like her part was going to become pretty important, but the way this show turns on a dime, they could write her out tomorrow and we would be none the wiser.
    [\QUOTE]

If only!

Her character certainly seems to polarize people. Some people really like AL and some just love to hate her - which brings a spice to the show. Given her recent problems combined with some other quotes I've read in the past few days that are attributed to her (besides these); I just can't stand the sight of her.
    I can't stand the sight of her either, cricketeen. She has done nothing to earn respect. I don't find her bringing spice to the show either. On Grey's Anatomy, I don't particularly like Sandra Oh's character, but she adds so much to the show, as do the other sometimes disagreeable characters on Lost. Michelle Rodriguez as Ana-Lucia only brings Lost down.

What did everyone think of Terry O'Quinn's acceptance speech on the SAG's?

"A friend of mine always says if you don't have something nice to say about someone, let's hear it," said "Lost" co-star Terry O'Quinn, surrounded by fellow cast members. "So about our cast, I'd like to say that this is the saddest collection of climbing, grasping, paranoid, back-stabbing, screen-grabbing losers and schmoozers that you ever saw on your stage in your life. But we love each other very much."
    http://movies.msn.com/movies/article...GT1=7651&mpc=2
    Last edited by canadian_angel; 01-30-2006 at 07:13 PM.

First part of Season 2 wanted

Hello LOST fans,

As I've mentionned up-thread I only got into Lost 2 weeks ago. Boy what a mistake. Now I'm dying to know everything that happened before. I have rented season 1, but season 2 did not come out on DVD yet. Would anyone be kind enough to send me a tape of the first part of season 2? Please PM me if you can.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    Michelle Rodriguez as Ana-Lucia only brings Lost down.
    With all due respect, I couldn't disagree more.

I feel Ana Lucia has brought the much needed "survival of the fittest" viewpoint to the show. Her "kill or be killed" attitude is, to me, the most realistic take of the situation that anyone on that island has had, and the writers would be remiss to not include such a character. To the contrary of bringing the show down, I think she adds a much needed sense of urgency to the events of the show. Quite frankly, the Sawyer/Kate/Hurley beach party has been making me crazy. Ana Lucia is right, they are not scared enough.

As for Michelle Rodriguez the actress, I find the drunk driving to be despicable behavior. Driving drunk, to me, is a crime that is so detestable that pretty much only child abuse, rape and murder are worse. I am very disappointed by everything I have read about her, because not only do I love her character, but I think she is a very talented actor as well. The scene where she broke down by the water and Eko consoled her, literally brought tears to my eyes. This was one of only two scenes in the entire series where I actually believed that a character REALLY had the realization that their life had completely changed and they were TRULY devastated by it. The only other time was in the scene in the first season when Jack found his dad's empty coffin.

I guess I am in the minority here, but I for one hope Ms. Rodriguez owns up to her serious mistakes, fixes that attitude problem, and continues to have the chance to develop her character on the show. Creators/Producers (if by chance some of you are out there reading this): Not everyone hates AL. I would HATE to see her go!
    Last edited by JFlo; 01-30-2006 at 08:10 PM.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    What did everyone think of Terry O'Quinn's acceptance speech on the SAG's?
    I got quite a giggle out of it. And it was nice to see Boone and Shannon on stage with the rest of them. Somebody grabbed Hurley and gave him a big smooch right at the end of the show, but I couldn't see her face because the credits were rolling. Did anyone else notice that?

And a heads-up: Dominic Monaghan will be on Leno tonight.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fanatic
    Jflo...i think you and i are one of the few here who likes the character of ana lucia...and think that michelle rodriguez is a pretty good actress. real life character of MR definitely questionable. but no one is perfect. but hopefully she owns up to her actions and straighten out her life because she does have a nice future ahead of her if she wants it.

but like what crickateen said, she polarizes people, either love or hate her.

the actress hate her but the character she plays very well love. she spices things up. here they are, these damn people crashed onto a mysterious dangerous island...and its like most of them have accepted their fates and live life prettily (even after certain things happened...danielle's crazy babblings, those sounds when trees crashing down, black smoke, polar bears, desmond and hatch, etc). you have kate flirting back and forth with sawyer and jack. hurley trying to pick up libby now. jack telling michael will look for walt soon (but now acting on it when michael forced his hand and ended up meeting mr. friendly).

but at least now the show should be moving fast now with the thought of an army being set up and "abduction" of sun.

oh, and if they want to get rid of characters, please kill of charlie or claire before ana lucia. imo, theyre more useless than AL and irritate the crap out of me. but i know they wont get rid of charlie (dom mon) cause he's going out with kate (evan lily)...but again i don't mind kate gone also...damn girl cant make up her mind...bad boy or good boy...hit one already.

I'm not an AL fan but when she smiled in the last episode, I thought how pretty she is when she smiles. I could take her or leave her as far as the show is concerned. If she stays, fine, but if they kill her off, that's fine too.

As for her personal life, I hope she straightens up before she kills someone with her drunk driving. The show may realize she's a liability and cut her loose.

I have mixed feelings about Claire. As a mother, she has every right to be protective and I don't think she ever fully got her memory back from when she was kidnapped so she basically had to start all over AGAIN with Charlie. I don't think she ever regained her feelings for him that she was starting to have when they first became friends. I could be wrong though. She does seem to be a bit harsh on him while somehow being totally trusting of Locke, who has been secretive about so many things, as others have already pointed out.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 01-30-2006 at 10:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread