+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Locke reinforced that ceiling so nobody could break in there again.

I wouldn't worry about that. Locke has carried a gun on several occasions and is a pretty fair shot. He has no problems with guns per se, but I'm curious to find out why he feels that he's the only one that can be trusted with their care.
    Jack's still wearing the key around his neck that had the guns from the marshall's briefcase, so am assuming that's stashed somewhere where Jack has access.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzz View Post
    I miss the days when the discussion about this show was all about the mystery, and not so much about character flaws, which is what we seem to be getting the most of this season.
    How true...Remember season 1 ? How exciting was to watch for the hidden clues like Hurley appearing on TV at the korean guy house or Walt's face on the milk carton.

It is missing now. The producers just telling the story now. It is NOT enough. Those detailes and mysteies were exactly what made "Lost" different from the other numerous TV series. We had a VIEWERS involvement. Now I don't see this.

Hey, directors, are you listening to the FANS?

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by bethw12000 View Post
    I thought the episode was disappointing. Definately not up to par with the last few.

Eko's baptism comments bothered me. What religion is he supposed to be? The statues make me think Catholic, but his comment that Jesus' baptism cleansed him from sin were WAY off base. A fundamental fact of the Christian faith is that Jesus, the Son of God, was without sin. This is no small fact to overlook.
    I'm not Catholic, but I think that the whole infant baptism thing is to cleanse the child of original sin and John the Baptist did indeed cleanse Jesus from his sins upon his baptism. When Jesus died and was resurrected, he died for OUR sins, not his.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

can't get enough ANTM guillermoluvsme's Avatar
    I am catholic and Jesus DID die for OUR sins, your right

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by guillermoluvsme View Post
    I am catholic and Jesus DID die for OUR sins, your right
    Yes He did. But that had nothing to do with His baptism. He did not have His own sins that needed to be forgiven.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to noticing things on Lost. Everyone here seems to have caught a lot more than me. I don't remember Walt's face on a milk cartoon back in season 1. Why would it be on one when he was never missing? And I tried to pause during the skyline scene but my freezeframe is not good and I couldn't make anything out.

Anyway, I digress from my reason for posting. I remember when Claire visited the psychic that he was freaked out about her baby and that she needed to be the one to see it grow up. He gave me the impression that he thought her child had the potential to be Rosemary's baby or turn out to be some evil being without her around to see that doesn't happen. Anyway, maybe that is why Charlie had the baptism dreams. The baby needed to be baptized because if not, maybe it's soul was subject to being taken over to the "dark side".

What bothers me about the Ekko baptism is do we know if he was ever ordained as a priest or is he just calling himself one to honor his brother? If he hasn't gone through the proper appointment, then how is his baptizing the child any more valid than if anyone else with a strong religious belief did it? I guess what I'm asking is "is the baptism he performed even legitimate?" If Locke or anyone else or Charlie for that matter did the baptism would it be any less valid than Ekko doing it, if Ekko was not ordained? So maybe the baby still has the potential to turn out bad if the baptism wasn't "legal" in the eyes of the church.

As for Libby, it was after she said "do you think I could pull this off" (referring to the shirt) when Hurley noticed something about her. I think it was that exact phrase that made him wonder if he'd seen or heard her before. Maybe she was on tv in his area and said something along those same lines. I thought by now they've checked everyone to see if they were on the manifest so if she wasn't on the plane, she must have had access to the manifest and assumed someones identity. I do think she made up the story about the foot incident but she may just have a bad past like Kate does. Maybe she pulled off a bank heist or maybe she pulled off her clothes in a strip club or someother "pull off" statement that made Hurley look up when he heard her say that.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 01-26-2006 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I don't remember Walt's face on a milk cartoon back in season 1. Why would it be on one when he was never missing?

What bothers me about the Ekko baptism is do we know if he was ever ordained as a priest or is he just calling himself one to honor his brother? If he hasn't gone through the proper appointment, then how is his baptizing the child any more valid than if anyone else with a strong religious belief did it? I guess what I'm asking is "is the baptism he performed even legitimate?" If Locke or anyone else or Charlie for that matter did the baptism would it be any less valid than Ekko doing it, if Ekko was not ordained? So maybe the baby still has the potential to turn out bad if the baptism wasn't "legal" in the eyes of the church.

As for Libby, it was after she said "do you think I could pull this off" (referring to the shirt) when Hurley noticed something about her. I think it was that exact phrase that made him wonder if he'd seen or heard her before.

Walt was on the milk carton that appeared in Hurley's dream this season post kidnapping. The one where he also dreamed that Jin spoke English.

Seven years of Catholic school here - I was taught that if you could not find a priest to baptize your baby, any Catholic could stand in - even do it yourself if necessary. The important thing was to get it done. I don't know if they have changed doctrine on that or not, but as long as Eko is Catholic, it should be valid.
    The point of John baptizing Jesus was to demonstrate Christ's submission to God. It also served to prove Christ's identity before he began preaching - "This is My son, in whom I am well pleased".

Libby's quote makes me wonder if she was a patient in Hurley's mental ward who escaped by impersonating a psychiatrist. Do you think she could pull that off?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I am horrible at art history, so I was wondering if any of you all, maybe knew the painting from Charlie's childhood home. I'd love to know who the painter is and whether there is some meaning to it.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

If Libby said she was a Clinical Psychologist like Grimjack says then I think its a good bet that she was one of the doctor/nurses where Hurley was being treated. She might know hes a lottery winner and trying to establish a romance with him in case they ever do get rescued.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    If Libby said she was a Clinical Psychologist like Grimjack says then I think its a good bet that she was one of the doctor/nurses where Hurley was being treated. She might know hes a lottery winner and trying to establish a romance with him in case they ever do get rescued.
    I'm wondering if she was a patient ...

+ Reply to Thread