+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

IMO - this episode was a total waste. It didn't clear anything up. We already knew what a loser Charlie's brother was, we knew about the drug addictions, we knew they were desperate one hit wonders. ENOUGH ALREADY!! Give us something else!! To many backstories we could have seen without repeating the same old same old. This whole show was just weird to me, they didn't seem to really dig into anything with substance.

As far as Locke and Claire hooking up, YUCK!!! He seems old enough to be her father. I like them both, but I don't want them together. Locke did seem out of character to me, maybe the island is taking his body over.

As for the references to religion and Jesus, that just goes along with the whole good/bad theme for the show. It must be done, and it doesn't bother me.

Kate did go in through the ceiling, but into the supply closet. Locke has stated that he nailed shut the air vent going into the gun room last week when they got LOCKED (tee hee) in.

I know most people don't seem to agree with me, but I like Ana Lucia on the show. Not sure I did at first, but I do now. I don't see much chemistry between her and Jack though, maybe that will change after Monday when we see if she goes to jail or not.

The whole Locke and Charlie thing, I am not sure Charlie needed punching. I think someone should have stood up for him. Offered to "babysit" or whatever you want to call it with Charlie. Keep him from doing something crazy while dreaming. Where was Jack?? He seemed to have stuck it out in the cave with Charlie when he was detoxing. I guess he was too busy trying to figure out if the could HIT THAT with Ana Lucia!

And I have to say, that EKO does steal the scene. I would rather watch him than listen to the same old story about Charlie and his drugs.

Also, I don't mind Sawyer and his nicknames. In fact they just crack me up.

I am so glad Josh Holloway made No. 1 hunk. I live in Hawaii and everyone who has met him here says he is a genuine southern gentleman. He is sweet and self-effacing and doesn't for one minute feed into the hoopla. He has waited a long time for a break, so he is getting belated acclaim when he has the maturity to handle it. He is madly in love with his wife and she teases him about his "most beautiful" and super "hunk" status.

FORT Fan
    I thought the episode was disappointing. Definately not up to par with the last few.

Eko's baptism comments bothered me. What religion is he supposed to be? The statues make me think Catholic, but his comment that Jesus' baptism cleansed him from sin were WAY off base. A fundamental fact of the Christian faith is that Jesus, the Son of God, was without sin. This is no small fact to overlook.

can't get enough ANTM guillermoluvsme's Avatar
    Can anyone maybe get me a screen cap of charlie playing the piano in the ocean? Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by bethw12000 View Post
    Eko's baptism comments bothered me. What religion is he supposed to be? The statues make me think Catholic, but his comment that Jesus' baptism cleansed him from sin were WAY off base. A fundamental fact of the Christian faith is that Jesus, the Son of God, was without sin. This is no small fact to overlook.
    I wonder if the writers were trying to illustrate that although Eko claims to be a priest, perhaps he's not a very good one.

A quick note on the timeline: over at The Fuselage they seem to think that the early flashbacks took place in 1984. (Because of the Voltron that Liam got for Christmas.) Charlie was supposed to be 8 at the time, which would make him 28 when the plane crashed. For those of you who are concerned with such things.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fan
    I haven't posted on this thread before, so I figure it's time I got my feet wet (so to speak) and post a few random thoughts.

- Are we really sure that it was Charlie who set the fire? I may have missed something, but I don't think they ever showed the face of the person who set it. Of course, it's easy to assume that Charlie was the one, but I've learned on this show never to assume nothin'. You guys can set me straight if they did show something that made it very clear that it was Charlie.

- I personally still don't think that Libby was even on the plane, and I think her comment to Hurley that he stepped on her foot when they were boarding was meant to both deflect Hurley's "haven't we met before?" and establish herself as a passenger on the plane.

- I don't really mind that we get reruns periodically because that gives me some nights off or a chance to re-watch an episode where I might have missed something the first time around. Because of the number of shows they make per season, we will never get a continuous run of the new shows because they'd either have to wait until December to start the new season or they would be finished way before the May sweeps.

- I agree with AL's comment that these people don't seem scared enough especially now that they've been confronted by the Others.

- I really felt cheated in last night's episode. I was all set for Charlie to realize that he was the one putting the baby in danger by hanging on to the heroin and destroy the whole lot. Then Locke swoops in and robs him (and us) of the chance to do the right thing. It's obvious that Locke wanted the H for his own purposes, whatever they may be. I've always liked Locke, but he was a little too imperious for me last night.

How's that for a first post?

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls View Post
    I haven't posted on this thread before, so I figure it's time I got my feet wet (so to speak) and post a few random thoughts.

- Are we really sure that it was Charlie who set the fire? I may have missed something, but I don't think they ever showed the face of the person who set it. Of course, it's easy to assume that Charlie was the one, but I've learned on this show never to assume nothin'. You guys can set me straight if they did show something that made it very clear that it was Charlie.
    Charlie told Jack that he set the fire when Jack was stitching him up.

And ... WELCOME!!!!

Mom!

Good first post, I'm glad you brought up the thing about Libby, because I felt she was evasive about Hurley mentioning meeting her before, as well.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by bethw12000 View Post
    Charlie told Jack that he set the fire when Jack was stitching him up.
    Aha! Well, I totally missed that, but that's what happens when you have two kids vying for your attention when you are trying to watch "Lost." LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post

I wouldn't worry about that. Locke has carried a gun on several occasions and is a pretty fair shot. He has no problems with guns per se, but I'm curious to find out why he feels that he's the only one that can be trusted with their care.

I remember a few years ago, Sean Penn was a very vocal gun-control advocate and then it came out that someone stole two from his glovebox, and that he had a conceal/carry permit. Perhaps he was their inspiration

I can see two things in the picture that might be signage - one looks like the face of a person with sunglasses and the other, close to the left ear of the man to the far right, a black and white sign with writing on it - it doesn't look to be on the building, though.
    I can't really make out any features, but the face makes me think of Desmond. Probably because I am looking for clues.
    Anyhow, thanks, xjeff - I knew somebody in the fort would come through with a picture!

As for MR, I still don't like her, but when she genuinely smiles, it lights up the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls View Post
    Aha! Well, I totally missed that, but that's what happens when you have two kids vying for your attention when you are trying to watch "Lost." LOL!

Don't you just hate it when they won't wait for commercials! I've noticed you lurking (your username caught my eye), glad to have you post!
    Last edited by cricketeen; 01-26-2006 at 04:19 PM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread