+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Many people use "chrome dome" to describe bald people. It's just a nickname used to distinguish people. Especially when you're surrounded by 40 + people day in and day out. It can't be easy to remember 40 + people's names so Sawyer just uses nicknames instead. That way, if someone were to come up to him and say "You seen Hurley" Sawyer can say "Oh, Jethro. Yeah, he's in the jungle." Or whatever. You get the idea.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Yeah, husband wonders how he feels in real life, being called Hoss and Pillsbury on I'nat'l TV. He says Libby is wanting Hurley's money, assuming they'll get rescued. The $$ could be part of it, but I think there is more to it than that.
    I always though Jethro (Max Baer, jr.) was quite handsome. His was a dopey, uneducated, over-the-top hillbilly character that I wouldn't compare with Hurley, who is naive but has more going on in his head that he lets on .

I don't see Eko stepping in to help Charlie. He seems to be all about detachment and observation unless called upon. AAA can out-act most of the rest of the cast with his "Jesus Stick" tied behind his back. He did it again last night. He elevates every scene he is in.

Anyone sneaks off with one of my kids gets his bollocks ripped off - by me. Charlie got off easy; he did endanger everyone with the fire, so for Locke it wasn't just a Claire/Aaron thing but something about that scene rings false and I don't know why.

I saw two birds too - white and black.

Hopefully some screen-cap will show the sign on the iconic building. The only one I remember was the name of the stop on the tube entrance. Bix- something? Didn't see the significance of that.

Oh, and my hubby calls his "chrome dome" a solar panel for a love machine
    Last edited by cricketeen; 01-26-2006 at 11:45 AM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Premium Member
    I miss the days when the discussion about this show was all about the mystery, and not so much about character flaws, which is what we seem to be getting the most of this season. I guess I just need to face the fact that as much as I rarely like a movie sequel, I am not liking the second season of this show as much as the first. No talk about being rescued nowadays, everyone on the island seems to have accepted the fact they will be living there from now on, so I don't even consider a rescue as part of a possible storyline. All the survivors know their lives have been threatened, but not enough people are concerned enough to worry about protecting themselves on a daily basis, which seems less than believable.

I agree with the posts which felt like Locke's character was all over the place last night - why do we need that inconsistency and doubt all of a sudden? Do the writers not want us to like any of these people?? Even Sawyer's normal nickname calling seemed forced last night. And I think I have a new drinking game - such as every time Claire lets someone walk away with her baby, considering she never seems to leave his side. For someone so concerned about her son, she doesn't keep the best watch on him. I definitely think it's a stretch for us to believe Hurley stepped on Libby's foot when boarding the plane last, but even that comment didn't distract from the completely unnecessary comment about hey, the washer and dryer are newer than everything else in here. Like we hadn't noticed from day one in the hatch, sheesh.

Why was Eko marking the trees? And if noone else knew why, or even that he was marking them to begin with, what would prevent them for chopping them down for firewood? And what will his reaction be to having them burned down by Charlie? (Probably nothing)

Another rerun next week? As if it hasn't been apparent by the show's quality this season that the writers are having a hard time keeping up with the production schedule...

There has got to be something up with Libby. The look on her face when Hurley asked if he knew her from someplace was like "Oh no!" and she deflected it off right away. I remember her saying she was a "Clinical Psychologist" but i bet she was a patient and hurley met her at the Mental institution. Thats a total guess but it would fit with the dynamic that was presented.

As far as "Lost" taking a week off...I think a lot of shows will be reruns this next week, since sweeps start about a week into Feb. The good thing is that once it comes back with new eps, those eps will probably be some of the better episodes this season.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

To add on to Mozzz's comments - Now that Locke has changed the combo on the vault, the losties have nothing to fight with but sharp sticks and rocks (and of course AL's military expertise ). I don't want to spend an ep. listening to Locke's "Deep Thoughts" on why guns are bad.
    (Brings to mind Emily Litella's "What's all this fuss I keep hearing about violins on t.v. ?")
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    To add on to Mozzz's comments - Now that Locke has changed the combo on the vault, the losties have nothing to fight with but sharp sticks and rocks (and of course AL's military expertise ). I don't want to spend an ep. listening to Locke's "Deep Thoughts" on why guns are bad.
    (Brings to mind Emily Litella's "What's all this fuss I keep hearing about violins on t.v. ?")
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kate go into the vault through the ceiling or was that the supply room. Why does Locke think it is up to him to change the combo? Is he afraid that the computer will get trashed? I'm guessing in the long run, Locke will end up being an "OTHER" or maybe he has been for all this time and the busted legs from the get go were all a rouse. He has been rejected from people in his past, so maybe he was part of this from the beginning. Maybe his fascination with everything that is being found is actually amazement that it was found by the survivors. I don't know, just a guess on my part. By I'm with others that I liked season 1 because of the " not knowing" factor and also not seeing the "Others" made them more creepy. I can't wait for the next ep, I hope Sun doesn't get 86'd either.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kate go into the vault through the ceiling or was that the supply room.
    Locke reinforced that ceiling so nobody could break in there again.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen
    I don't want to spend an ep. listening to Locke's "Deep Thoughts" on why guns are bad.
    I wouldn't worry about that. Locke has carried a gun on several occasions and is a pretty fair shot. He has no problems with guns per se, but I'm curious to find out why he feels that he's the only one that can be trusted with their care.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fan
    some interesting stuff i found on another site:

http://sier_element.home.comcast.net/charlie_plane.gif

look on the very far left

and you are wondering about the london skyline:
    http://sier_element.home.comcast.net/ANIMALS.jpg
    Click to see Spoiler:
    apparantly its from Pink Floyd's ANIMALS album cover and its the unused Battersea Power Station. Maybe 'sea' 'power' 'station'...dum dum DUM

Good links jeff!

When the dove appeared, many folks said it was accompanied by the sound of a plane, and those with HD TV said you could actually see the plane going down.

As for the second one, they did CGI-in the building from Pink Floyd's album cover, but the hint said to be aware of the signage on the building, and I can't make out the signage. Anybody?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread