+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I thought Sawyer was mean to Hurley tonight. As Kate said, very jr. high. Hurley seems about as experienced as a jr. hi kid, mean to pick on him and tease him... will make him so self conscious he can't say a thing to Libby--whereas before he was chatting with her. Plus Jabba, Pillsbury...come on, Sawyer, you can do less mean nicknames. He was so tonguetied that in in real life Libby would have gone off looking for someone a little more articulate among the 30 or so people we don't know yet.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Noreen View Post
    Darn, I forgot, we were supposed to look for something in the sky in London, as a easter egg from the producers. Did anyone see anything unusual?
    I never saw the London sky....I thought we were supposed to look for something regarding the buildings but I don't remember anything from that....anyone else catch anything?
    Charlie is going to become the outcast of the group.....I've read on here that several people don't like Locke...he's my favorite character....he is fascinating to me....yeah, the whooping up on Charlie was unexpected but definitely necessary, IMO.....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

The only time we saw the London sky was when Charlie was begging the director to give them another chance at the diaper ad when his dumb-dumb brother fouled it up because of his "sodding addiction" but I wasn't paying attention to the sky. I was paying attention to the dialogue between director and Charlie. First of all, I don't think they needed that gig. That was horrible! What kind of a band degrades themselves by dressing up in nothing but diapers with pacifiers in their mouths dancing around in a large crib? They must've really been desperate. Can you see Smashmouth doing that now?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen View Post
    Darn, I forgot, we were supposed to look for something in the sky in London, as a easter egg from the producers. Did anyone see anything unusual?
    I was just going to ask about that. Being it was a spoiler and a "piece of advice", I really did not see anything 'note worthy'.

This was the spoiler and since the episode is over I can post it without tags

Keep attention to the London skyline and an iconic building in particular as there are some signage on that building that may return at a later date.
    Spoiler Source

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    Okay. Maybe someone can help me. I'm trying to think of the numerous nicknames Sawyer used for Hurley tonight. All I can remember is Jabba
    Besides Jabba, he also called him Jethro and Hoss. Don't know what he meant with 'Hoss', since the only way I use that word is as a short way of saying 'horse'.

Rembrandt, Hoss was the hefty Cartwright son on the old western series, Bonanza. Jethro was the big guy on the Beverly Hillbillies.

Some random thoughts:
    - Libby was totally lying to Hurley. That is NOT where she knows him from. She hesitated before making that up. She looked waaayy uncomfortable. She's hustling him with some ulterior motive, I'm sure of that. And it's not about lovin...

- Locke was all about setting Charlie up tonight. The old Locke (who I loved) would have waited for Charlie to make a choice whether to keep or destroy the heroin. He wanted to jump in before Charlie had a chance to destroy the drugs (which I think is what Charlie intended to do). Locke knew what he was doing.

- Charlie's Mom also called him 'special' as several other characters (can't remember which ones other than Locke)have also been called.

- At first I thought Locke was going to keep the heroin for something medicinal, but that would entail telling Jack about it, and that didn't seem to happen. What is he doing with his little arsenal/stash? What else is he going to squirrel away for himself?

- I didn't tape it, but did Libby say something after the comment about the washer and dryer that was a dig at people who read too much into things? Surely not a dig at us?.....

- I'm pretty sure that DriveShaft was making a commercial for diapers rather than a video. They were a one-hit-wonder trying to extend their 15 minutes.

- Where did all these lovely brand new blue tarps suddenly come from?
    Last edited by fougette; 01-26-2006 at 01:26 AM.
    It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got...

FORT Fanatic
    blah.

charlie is so useless in this show but oh well. but did pity the fool.

but this episode did make me start to dislike locke more. he is starting to grate on my nerves. even more so than jack & kate (irritated with them also). but still he is an interesting character...but...ugh...i guess just maybe my first initial reaction (from pilot) is that he is somewhat bad...is coming to light.

but like what someone mentioned earlier, who is locke to judge what charlie does when locke himself does questionable things. this is the man who hasnt told others of his pre-crash condition (its assumed he told walt of the miracle but did he?). this is the man who kept the hatch a secret. this is the man who did whatever it took to open the hatch. this is the man who is keeping the weapons from everyone (he says for safety and control situation...but i have a different feeling about that).

and definitely have a feeling that locke will be against the army jack wants AL to setup and train.

oh...and why is he stashing the drugs with the arsenal instead of destroying it. something is up and he is planning on something.

and was it necessary to swing at charlie several times. yes he took the baby and is incoherent and maybe locke thought he was on it but damn the guy was already gone, and pretty much everyone wouldve stayed away from him because of it. i think locke just wanted to punch someone and charlie was an easy target with what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    Besides Jabba, he also called him Jethro and Hoss. Don't know what he meant with 'Hoss', since the only way I use that word is as a short way of saying 'horse'.
    He may have been referring to Hoss on the old tv show Bonanza. Hurley has qualities similar to that character ( http://bonanza1.com/hoss/ ). I'm not sure though if that's why he called him that, I haven't watched my tape of the show yet to see what context he used it.

FORT Fogey
    [QUOTE=fougette;1751476]- Libby was totally lying to Hurley. That is NOT where she knows him from. She hesitated before making that up. She looked waaayy uncomfortable. She's hustling him with some ulterior motive, I'm sure of that. And it's not about lovin...

- Locke was all about setting Charlie up tonight. The old Locke (who I loved) would have waited for Charlie to make a choice whether to keep or destroy the heroin. He wanted to jump in before Charlie had a chance to destroy the drugs (which I think is what Charlie intended to do). Locke knew what he was doing.

- Charlie's Mom also called him 'special' as several other characters (can't remember which ones other than Locke)have also been called.

- At first I thought Locke was going to keep the heroin for something medicinal, but that would entail telling Jack about it, and that didn't seem to happen. What is he doing with his little arsenal/stash? What else is he going to squirrel away for himself?
    QUOTE]

Great observations. I also thought that Libby recognized Hurley and was lying to him.

Locke really behaved vey strange and looks like he is the one in charge of the weapons. Suddenly.

Also I agree it's too much of religious stuff. Needs to be toned down (in case THEY are reading the boards

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by fougette View Post

- Where did all these lovely brand new blue tarps suddenly come from?
    Living in Hurricane Alley, all I could say upon seeing all those blue tarps was: Has Fema been there???

How many tarps are on a plane anyway?

As for Charlie, they could look at him and tell he wasn't using. Claire is being a bitch. She never gave him a chance to even try to explain and when he tried, she wouldn't listen. Locke didn't either. It was all just assumption and judgement. And Charlie told Eko he was having weird dreams. Claire had weird dreams too, but Eko never stood up for Charlie with Claire. So what's going on there? And Claire is way too emotional about all this. REmember when no one believed her about the dreams that the baby was in danger? Well I guess she doesn't believe Charlie now either. No way did he deserve to be treated by everyone like he was treated tonight.

And here's something else. how come everyone seems so well adjusted on this island? It's been 50 days since they were LOST in a horrific plane crash. Their circumstances are stressful and hard. They know others are on the island, there's a monster, people have been killed and kidnapped, yet no one has any post traumatic stress syndrome, they just act all fine like its one huge campout on the beach. So Charlie having a few problems is treated like a HUGE deal. Well someone is bound to have problems in this scenario. I know I would and I don't have an addiction problem. He needs help and sympathy. It hasn't been that long since he stopped using and I think he did a damn good job of resisting temptation so close to when he quit using. In my opinion, he needed support and help and not ostracizing and Claire was the number one person leading the charge against him with Locke backing her up. She and Locke have definetly gone way down in my opinion.

Having dealt with people with addictions, its not so cut and dried, especially when they stop using and are trying to stay on the straight and narrow. Addiction is not a weakness, its a disease and its a damn hard one to kick. And Charlies doing it without benefit of counseling, NA and all the other support groups out there for addicts. Give the man a break.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread