+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

FORT Fanatic
    well i guess that proves the 2 monster theory wrong.
    5 hours 20 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by lostonanisland View Post
    well i guess that proves the 2 monster theory wrong.
    Yeah. I'm not thrilled to think it was black smoke that was bending the trees in the premiere episode and killed the pilot.

Gossip time: We all know there have been rumors for some time that Dom and Evie (Charlie & Kate) have been dating. About 3 months ago somebody saw Dom shopping for rings, and the latest rumor is that he proposed to Evie last week in Hawaii and she said yes. But they’re both such private people that even if they get married we may never get actual confirmation of it. Dom is going to be on Leno on Monday, maybe we’ll learn more.

Dom was on Ellen recently and she mentioned that she knew of 7 or 8 “Lost” cast members who have been pulled over by Hawaiian police. But Evangeline hadn’t. Dom kind of rolled his eyes and said that maybe Ellen should research “Nicole Lilly” since that’s the actual name on Evie’s driver’s license. He says most of the cast have been pulled over for speeding and have paid fines. But only Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros have had charges filed against them – since it involved alcohol. (Cynthia pled guilty and lost her license for 90 days; Michelle pled not guilty and is going to court Monday. She could face jail time.)

Saw Daniel Dae Kim (Jin) on “The View” this morning. His parents and sister were in the audience. His Mom was kind of surprised when he showed up on People’s “50 Sexiest” list. She said “Really? You?” He also said he took a lot of flak last season from people who didn’t like the way he was representing Korean men. (Silly me – I didn’t realize he was a representative. I thought he was just playing a fictional character on a TV show. *insert rolleyes smiley here*)

I’m looking forward to tonight’s episode, and I hope the writers will find something interesting to show us in Charlie’s flashbacks. I’ve always been interested in everyone’s first set of flashbacks, but sometimes when they get to their second episode the flashbacks don’t show us anything new. I was disappointed in Charlie’s second episode, so they better not bore me with his third one. I’d have to say that, love her or hate her, Kate has consistently had the most engaging flashbacks. In her first ep we saw her hiding out with farmer Ray in Australia and getting caught by the Marshal. Her second ep showed her robbing a bank, her third ep had her sneaking into the hospital to see her dying mother and then her pal Tom getting killed and her fourth ep revealed how she killed her father and we finally met her stepfather.

One last thing: Entertainment Weekly did an article on Julie Bowen (Sarah). She’s a big fan of “Lost” and knew one of the writers. She jokingly asked him for a guest spot: “Doesn’t Jack need a wife or something?” And presto! When she gets her scripts, she only reads her own part because she doesn’t want to be spoiled. And she has a piece of Arzt. The prop department created a rubbery substance for the episode where he exploded, and she managed to snag a piece as a souvenir.

See y’all tonight!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    I hope they someday put the pieces of Arzt on eBay! That way, we get to own a little piece of the show!

Hey, did anyone hear? Check this out: http://kevxml2adsl.verizon.net/_1_23...op=1&ran=28587
    'Lost' Star Named As TV's Top 'Hunk'
    NEW YORK - Josh Holloway, who plays con man Sawyer on the hit ABC series "Lost," has been named the "hottest hunk" on television by In Touch Weekly.
    The magazine, in an issue on newsstands Friday, says the 36-year-old actor is the best of today's small-screen studs, even surpassing castmate Matthew Fox. Fox, who plays Jack on the Emmy-winning drama series, landed ninth on the top-10 list.
    Of Holloway, "Lost" co-star Evangeline Lilly is quoted saying, "He's the guy who opens doors, carries the bags for woman and makes sure they feel protected. It's a very endearing quality."
    Holloway is no bachelor, though. He's been married to Yessica Kumula since 2004. Fox, 39, has two children with his wife of 14 years, Margherita Ronchi.
    Second on the list is John Stamos of ABC's "Jake in Progress." The 42-year-old actor, who previously starred on "Full House," was divorced from Rebecca Romijn last year.
    In Touch says Stamos is still a hunk because he "has been twinkling those green eyes at us for 20 years."
    Also on the list: Jared Padalecki from "Supernatural," David Boreanaz ("Bones"), Wentworth Miller ("Prison Break"), Eddie Cibrian ("Invasion"), Patrick Dempsey ("Grey's Anatomy"), Shemar Moore ("Criminal Minds") and Tom Welling ("Smallville").
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    Second on the list is John Stamos of ABC's "Jake in Progress."
    Well, good. Maybe that will prompt ABC to put his damn show back on the air.

And congrats to Josh Holloway!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Premium Member
    Maybe it's just me, but it cracked me up hearing you two talking about getting a piece of Arzt, heh.

I'm with ya, Q, I feel each subsequent flashback for the characters since their initial one seems to be filled with more diluted information, except Kate's have usually been full of action and information.

I am just hoping I find the Charlie-centric epsiode tolerable enough - my short attention span usually starts to wander whenever Michael or Charlie are in a scene, and to have an episode focused mostly on either one is not exactly something I look forward to.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Dom was on Ellen recently and she mentioned that she knew of 7 or 8 “Lost” cast members who have been pulled over by Hawaiian police. But Evangeline hadn’t. Dom kind of rolled his eyes and said that maybe Ellen should research “Nicole Lilly” since that’s the actual name on Evie’s driver’s license. He says most of the cast have been pulled over for speeding and have paid fines.
    Well, maybe they should, I don't know, try not speeding. Not the first time I've heard this - do they think their "star" status should get them a free pass? Ugh, it just aggravates me, sorry (note to Qboots - not your reporting it, of course. You're lovely, as always. )

From the previews, it seems like it should be a good episode tonight. The title Fire and Water reminded me of "trial by fire and water." Here's a bit from Wikipedia
    Trial by ordeal is a judicial practice by which the guilt or innocence of the accused is determined by subjecting them to a painful task. If either the task is completed without injury, or the injuries sustained are healed quickly, the accused is considered innocent. Like trial by combat, it was a judicium Dei: a procedure based on the premise that God would help the innocent.

The ordeal was, in Europe, often by fire or water ; red-hot metal in the first instance and boiling water in the second. The exact use of the ordeal varied considerably, a practice was for the accused to walk nine paces with a red-hot iron bar held in both hands. Depending on the custom of the time innocence would be shown by a complete lack of injury from the ordeal or the wounds would be bound and regularly examined for healing or festering. An English version had nine red-hot ploughshares placed on the floor, the accused was blindfolded and if they successfully crossed the floor without injury they were judged innocent.
    Source

Seems like Charlie is going to face a bit of judgement tonight.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post

Dom kind of rolled his eyes and said that maybe Ellen should research “Nicole Lilly” since that’s the actual name on Evie’s driver’s license.
    I wonder how Evie liked that comment? Fiance may be in the dog hatch when he gets back to HI.

Something to mull over while watching tonight - a quote from the executive producer that Charlie's behavior will:

"dramatically alter the way all the islanders relate to him for the rest of the season."
    Last edited by cricketeen; 01-25-2006 at 07:21 PM. Reason: and another thing...
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Fanatic
    woah, that beginning was really weird. i thought it was a fb at first.

Tonight we start with more of a dream than a flashback. First we see Charlie at about age 8 and Liam at about age 12, opening gifts on Christmas morning. (Although their British accents are notably absent.) Their mom has bought Charlie a piano. He's musically gifted and she's counting on him to save their family. His butcher father thinks Charlie would be better off learning a trade. (Another daddy issue, I guess.)

Then Charlie dreams he's playing piano on the beach and Aaron is crying inside the piano, and the piano floats away.

He wakes up to find Aaron and Claire are fine, enjoying Locke's company.

+ Reply to Thread