+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Sawyer's dad did kill the mom. What had happened (as best as I can remember) is that this guy (the real Sawyer) swindled "island Sawyer's" parents. The dad got distraught when he realized what was going on (I think mommy was doing the same thing with "real Sawyer" that our Sawyer was doing with the last woman we saw him with before the crash. I believe she was sleeping with him or something). Anyway, the father broke down the door to the house. Mommy hid our Sawyer under the bed and from there, he could hear mommy and daddy arguing. Daddy shoots mommy dead and then walks into the bedroom where little James (island Sawyer) is hiding (but daddy doesn't know that) and kills himself. island Sawyer looks like he was only about 6 or so when this happened so he's been hunting down the real Sawyer for years. Talk about holding a grudge. Sawyer's probably about 36 or so? I mean, Josh Holloway's going to be 37 in July so I can only assume that the actor ages match the character ages. So, if "island Sawyer" was 7 when mommy and daddy were swindled and subsequently died, that means he's been holding this grudge and planning this vendetta of his for 20 years. I say forget the vendetta. By now the guy who did it is most likely dead anyway so let it go. Get on with your life. Get some lovin' from Kate and get over the past.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by lostonanisland View Post
    ... long story short, a lot of our castaways have a father problem.
    did i miss any?
    I hear Vincent's mother was a bitch, but his dad was also a real dog.

Did anyone see the updated previews of this week's LOST yet?
    Scene 1: Claire explains to someone (I assume it's Charlie) that "we were strangers on a plane and we became friends." (Talking about Locke as we see Locke walking down the beach with Claire and baby Aaron.)
    Scene 2: Charlie yelling at Claire that the baby is in danger and Claire looking at him like he's lost his mind.
    Scene 3: Charlie breaking a Virigin Mary statue and holding 2 bags of heroine and Locke asks him "Are you using again?"
    Scene 4: Charlie getting into the water and we see what looks like a cradle in the water.
    Scene 5: Someone striking a match and starting a fire (within that, we see Charlie holding what looks like the baby). We hear Charlie's voice say "I have to do this." Sayid yells "Fire!". We hear a baby crying and we can faintly hear Claire screaming "My baby!"
    Now the way they showed these clips is probably different from how it's going to air but WOA! Anyone have any theories about what Charlie is going to do with baby Aaron? I honestly don't think Charlie would hurt the baby. I think he will probably take the baby to the hatch to protect him.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I am often wrong, but I'm guessing that Charlie has hallucinations - not unusual for this island, but because of his history the others (not Others) believe that he is using again.
    I'm thinking he drags the statues to the beach and sets them on fire to show everyone (esp. Claire) that he is serious about staying clean. Not sure how flammable plaster is, though the fire should take care of the heroin inside. I didn't see Aaron in his arms during this scene, but if he is holding him, I can see why Claire would be screaming - but I agree that Charlie would not purposely hurt him.

Does anyone have an opinion regarding the "clues" that are left at the Hanso and OceanicFlight815 websites? I read a quote from Javier that (to paraphrase) we probably won't see zombie Walt or a clone of Jack, but there are hints of what is happening in everything they (the writers) do.
    I take that to mean that Walt seems zombie-like when he appears, but not to take it literally. So then what to think of the Jack/clone thing? I'm wondering if he has a twin on the island?
    There are some major hints if you combine clues at the Hanso site with the "H Files" on Lostlinks, but I'm not sure if it's worth putting much thought into them.

I don't know if this link was ever posted here before, but I found it while lurking at another forum . There are holes in the theory, but it is so well researched and presented, some of you might enjoy reading it (I don't consider it a spoiler, because it is speculation, but it is really good speculation based in fact, so beware if you are sensitive to knowing too much) :

The Ultimate Theory
    http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3377

Oh, Canadachamp - did you see the promo photos for "The Long Con" (ep. 2x13) at lost-media.com? (possible spoiler alert)
    Notice who is with Sun in photo one.
    Sorry, I tried to post a link, but it kept getting chopped off.
    Last edited by cricketeen; 01-23-2006 at 03:10 PM. Reason: clarity is good
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

[QUOTE=nilesgirl;1747107]Did anyone see the updated previews of this week's LOST yet?

I am going to try spoilering this, just in case!

Click to see Spoiler:
    In my Sunday newspaper's TV section, the description for this week's show states that "Fire Plus Water: Charlie's dreams lead him to believe Claire's baby is in danger" So maybe all of those scenes are just simply bad dreams on Charlie's part.

FORT Fogey
    http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/ne...00817300p.html

'Lost' cast members find big pay rises
    Mon Jan 23, 1:22 AM ET

The cast of ABC's "Lost" has even more to cheer about beyond the show's recent Golden Globe win for best drama series.

"Lost" producer Touchstone Television has offered all original members of the large ensemble cast a substantial salary bump in exchange for an additional year to the actors' current contracts. The studio's pre-emptive offer would see the actors earn almost $80,000 each an episode next season, the show's third, up from a range of about $20,000-$40,000 for most cast members this season.

All original cast members, including Matthew Fox, Evangeline Lilly, Josh Holloway, Naveen Andrews, Dominic Monaghan, Terry O'Quinn, Jorge Garcia, Daniel Dae Kim, Yunjin Kim and Harold Perrineau, have been offered the same deal and are expected to take it.

Fox, who plays the pivotal role of Jack, is said to have earned an extra bonus of at least $250,000.

However, in the spirit of the show where no character is safe from being killed off or otherwise removed from the mysterious island where the series is set, the actors are said to have no guarantees about the length of their tenure on the show.

Representatives for Touchstone TV and all "Lost" cast members declined comment for this report. ABC and Touchstone are owned by Walt Disney Co.
    The substantial raise would put the "Lost" actors on par with what the ladies of ABC's "Desperate Housewives" are now making, industry sources said. The core "Housewives" quartet of Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross and Eva Longoria, who also started off in the $20,000-$40,000 range, all reportedly received bonuses of $250,000 midway though the show's first season as well as equal salary bumps for Season 2, bringing their per-episode fees to the high-five to low-six figures, depending on each actress' starting salary.

This is understood to be the first salary bump for the "Lost" cast members, who reportedly received a bonus of an extra episode fee between Seasons 1 and 2.

"Lost," which boasts one of the largest casts and the highest production values in primetime, has been a passion project for most of the actors on the show.

When actors sign on to do a network pilot, they are automatically committed to long-term deals that usually run at least five years. It's common industry practice that when a show is a big hit, cast members are rewarded with salary bumps and bonuses beyond the studio's contractual obligations. "Lost" has been the rare combination of a critical and commercial hit for ABC, earning a rabid worldwide following, the Emmy last year for best drama series and the drama series Golden Globe last week.

"Lost" has done very well in DVD sales, finishing 2005 as the second-best-selling TV-DVD with 1.04 million units sold, according to trade publication Home Media Retailing, and it has been the driving force for the 1.5 million downloads of Walt Disney Co.-produced series that Apple's iTunes music store has sold for viewing on iPods since Disney struck its groundbreaking download-on-demand licensing pact with Apple in October.

A new-media spin-off designed for cell phones, "Lost Video Diaries," is slated for launch on Verizon V Cast service this month.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post

I don't know if this link was ever posted here before, but I found it while lurking at another forum . There are holes in the theory, but it is so well researched and presented, some of you might enjoy reading it (I don't consider it a spoiler, because it is speculation, but it is really good speculation based in fact, so beware if you are sensitive to knowing too much) :

The Ultimate Theory
    http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3377

Wow, very interesting theory! And does tie together a number of interesting points.
    But I don't recall Claire ever making a remark about no combs/hairbrushes on the island. They don't look THAT disheveled!

FORT Fanatic
    yea claire definetly did. it was in like part 2 of the pilot when everyone was searching through the suitcases. she was trying to make conversation with i forgot who it was and started off by saying that.

Something about the new episode on wednesday, which I'm going to spoiler because I saw it on a spoiler site

Click to see Spoiler:
    Keep attention to the London skyline and an iconic building in particular as there are some signage on that building that may return at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by lostonanisland View Post
    yea claire definetly did. it was in like part 2 of the pilot when everyone was searching through the suitcases. she was trying to make conversation with i forgot who it was and started off by saying that.
    I seem to recall that too, but then I'm wondering, didn't Kate just cut Sawyers hair with a comb and scissors?
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

+ Reply to Thread