+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

FORT Newbie
    I really hope that AL's reply to Jack's, "How long do you think it would take to train an army?", question will be, "Haven't got a clue Jack, I was a beat cop, not a Green Beret. Go ask Sayid."

...but it won't be, because there apparently isn't a technical advisor on set to point out what a stupid, nonsensical contrivance that would be. If they honestly need to work this hard to involve M-Rod in the story, maybe they should just accept that there wasn't room for her to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by Cjay View Post
    I really hope that AL's reply to Jack's, "How long do you think it would take to train an army?", question will be, "Haven't got a clue Jack, I was a beat cop, not a Green Beret. Go ask Sayid."

...but it won't be, because there apparently isn't a technical advisor on set to point out what a stupid, nonsensical contrivance that would be. If they honestly need to work this hard to involve M-Rod in the story, maybe they should just accept that there wasn't room for her to begin with?

I have a feeling that AL is going to die and it will basically be Jack's fault, he'll be devastated and end up crying in the jungle, Kate will come over to comfort and they will make made monkey love next to the hatch.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

ok, ok, ok, I give up on Sarah and Desmond. You have all convinced me. It would have been cool though. Any guesses or spoilers as to what DHARMA actually means? I really like Q's!

Quote Originally Posted by Cjay View Post

Just happened to come over here from the Bachelor thread and read this. This makes me think of the Lost spoiler that says that Anna Lucia and Sayid
    Click to see Spoiler:
    have more in common than we know. I took that at first to mean they both lost someone they love and maybe they hook up later on down the road, but MAYBE they work together to start an army.
    I think this 'army' thing will involve both Anna Lucia and Sayid.

Sayid went soft after torturing Sawyer and he is still all waahh over Shannon, so now may not be the time to ask him. But he'll get on board.
    I am guessing they will disagree on how to approach going up against the Others. Combine that with the friction that already exists between them, throw in Locke and Eko and.... This could be good.

Another thought is that the writers had no idea she would be as unpopular as she is with so many viewers (or end up in the pokey during filming) . They may kill her off and have Sayid realize he has a purpose and take over.

It looks like Vincent has attached himself to her. Maybe Walt will start appearing to her.

What got me was Jack calmly and reasonably telling Michael that they will look for Walt "When the time is right". Whaaaa????? Having, what, about a dozen or more people dragged off doesn't signal that the time is right? Bonehead! I'd lock you in the closet, too.
    Did I miss something - that the time was right to chase after Michael but not look for all of the other losties?
    If he didn't know about all of the other kidnappings, that makes Libby and Bernard look mighty suspicious. AL is in exile, Eko is Eko, but those two should have been telling everyone.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    The preview next week went to fast to tell what's going on but from what I can tell, Charlie senses the baby's in danger, there's people in the water, Locke asks Charlie if he's using again, Hurley recognizes Libby and it looks like one of "Them" takes baby Aaron.
    hmmmm.... this might sound kind of out-there, but my take on this was that Charlie might deliberately put the baby in a dangerous situation in order to "save" him and regain Claire's good graces. If he has indeed started using again, then he might not be terribly rational - and we already know that he's jealous of Locke's interactions with Claire and Aaron.

If I'm right - I just hope that somebody saves Aaron!
    if my must-see-tv list gets any longer, I'm gonna have to quit my day job

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    Another thought is that the writers had no idea she would be as unpopular as she is with so many viewers (or end up in the pokey during filming) . They may kill her off and have Sayid realize he has a purpose and take over.
    It is my fervent hope that Ana-Lucia will be killed off asap. There are certainly a good number of other characters who have the skills to help "train an army" - Sayid, Locke, Sawyer, Eko, Jin, even Kate to name a few.

I have never particularly liked the Michael character and would not miss him if he were gone. I'm also kind of liking Jack less and less as things progress. However, I don't dread seeing either of them as I relish in this wonderful story. Ana-Lucia is like chalk on a blackboard.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post

It looks like Vincent has attached himself to her. Maybe Walt will start appearing to her.
    It seems that whoever Vincent attaches himself to, they end up doomed. Walt hasnt been seeen much at all this season, and Shannon is dead. Perhaps Vincent is bad luck.

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    At first I was screaming at the TV yelling at Jack for not asking Sayid about training an army. However I then recalled that even though it was 3 months ago here in the real world when Shannon got killed, it has only been a couple days in his world. He wasn't on the show at all during Psalm23, and he only had a brief "that music is depressing" on this ep. So as a doctor I can only assume that Jack has enough compassion to let Sayid greive. The woman he loved just died in his arms and it wasn't "the others" who killed her. Had it been the others then Sayid certainly would have been the one to ask to lead an army to attack.

Personally I think poor old Jack is just needing to get laid.

Finally I seemed to have gotten SOMETHING right. I posted last week that I thought Libby and Hurley's backstory would coincide. Well I won't start congratulating myself until next weeks episode to see if he really does recognize her from somewhere.

Thanks Q for the names of the drug dealers...I shall add another candle to the Qboots shrine. I don't even have Sayids old ep on my dvr to see if the dealers were in the Rebulican Guard, but the name does sound Arabic so maybe, however I'm doubting it. If they were going to have the drug dealer be in Sayids past then certainly that actor would have had more than a bit part.

Quote Originally Posted by crickateen
    What got me was Jack calmly and reasonably telling Michael that they will look for Walt "When the time is right". Whaaaa????? Having, what, about a dozen or more people dragged off doesn't signal that the time is right? Bonehead! I'd lock you in the closet, too.
    Did I miss something - that the time was right to chase after Michael but not look for all of the other losties?
    Good question. That scene with Jack and Michael made no sense. These people have been living in denial of the danger that is out there. It was bad enough when they just stopped looking for pregnant Claire, but a little boy?

Kate is the one that makes me the craziest. Every time I see her flirt with Jack or Sawyer, I think to myself, is sex really what occupies your mind right now? Aren't you the least bit worried about ANY of the weird crap going on around here? How about that maniac Desmond that had you and Locke at gunpoint? He's running loose! Or what about that monster thing that you saw tear off the pilot's head and pull Locke into a hole? Are you worried about that at all? Walt was kidnapped by a bunch of burly men. So what do you do? You flirt with Sawyer with the help of a banana. The only time she ever seemed affected was last month during her episode, but only because she thought she was going crazy. "Oh, the horse is real, now I can go back to teasing these two men and sticking my nose where it doesn't belong." If next week she appears completely unscathed after getting attacked by The Others, I will officially hate her. Personally, I find it funny that Ana Lucia is the one they cannot stand.

Ewwww... I guess I went on a tangent there. Hey, thanks to the person who posted the link as to clues about Desmond's lady. VERY INTERESTING.

Oh, I think Jack went to Ana Lucia about an army, because the control freak in him does not want Locke or Sayid to be in charge. I think he feels an inexplicable kinship to AL and obviously doesn't know how controlling she can be. It is also possible (and I think someone said this) that Sayid and Locke would not want to do this. Sayid is obviously still grieving, he did not seem any better in his one scene on Wednesday's episode. And has said more than once that he doesn't want to hurt anybody anymore. I have a feeling Locke will be against this venture, because it would greatly upset "the power of the island" or something mystic like that. Ana Lucia on the other hand has had first hand experience with the "enemy" and is the most concerned about their safety.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

+ Reply to Thread