+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq View Post
    I don't know, I'm kind of torn by this episode, I want to know who Sarah cheated on Jack with. But I guess I liked the fact that we really couldn't see the others and they were a mystery. By seeing more of them, the mystery is waning. I also don't like when they are in the bunker, it takeas away the whole "Island" feel. Help me out- has there been a back story on Claire yet?- Was she actually on the plane?
    There was a backstory on Claire. Basically it told about how she got pregnant and her boyfriend said he couldn't handle it. She wanted to give the baby up but a psychic kept telling her that she had to raise the baby herself. She went to the adoption agency but all the pens wouldn't write when she tried to sign the forms. She took that as a sign and went back to the psychic. He told her that she could in fact give the baby up as he had found the right parents. She had to get on this flight though to LA - of course that flight was the one that crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    And why did he ask AL instead of Sayid who was in a REAL army with supposedly real combat training as opposed to a police officer who has completely different training and tactics than the military does? The only similarity is they both shoot guns and even those are different, police carry handguns, military rifles.
    A good point. Jack seems to be really controlling (which is rather offputting). Remember, he didn't even ask for Sayid to come look for Michael. You would have thought he would, seeing as how Sayid is good with a gun etc. Maybe he views AL as more subordinate/controllable - ie she would train the army but he would still be in charge. Whereas asking Sayid to help might result in Sayid taking over.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    There was a backstory on Claire. Basically it told about how she got pregnant and her boyfriend said he couldn't handle it. She wanted to give the baby up but a psychic kept telling her that she had to raise the baby herself. She went to the adoption agency but all the pens wouldn't write when she tried to sign the forms. She took that as a sign and went back to the psychic. He told her that she could in fact give the baby up as he had found the right parents. She had to get on this flight though to LA - of course that flight was the one that crashed.

A good point. Jack seems to be really controlling (which is rather offputting). Remember, he didn't even ask for Sayid to come look for Michael. You would have thought he would, seeing as how Sayid is good with a gun etc. Maybe he views AL as more subordinate/controllable - ie she would train the army but he would still be in charge. Whereas asking Sayid to help might result in Sayid taking over.

Thanks for that, I missed that episode. Yes, Jack is very controlling and it's annoying at times.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Great episode!

The Jack flashback episodes have always been my favorite. While I think the entire cast is great, I think none of them can hold a candle to the acting chops of Matthew Fox, and he really shines in the Jackcentric episodes. You can see the thought process going on his head, he doesn't simply play the emotion, but plays the action and lets the action bring out his emotion.

I cannot believe I missed Mr. Friendly (?) (where did that name come from, btw?) call out for Alex! I guess I was just too caught up in the fear of it all.

I have two possible theories about Zeke/Friendly. Either he is the dark haired-burly guy in the orientation video, who founded the Dharma Initiative, or he is Geronimo Jackson. Maybe he is both.

Sawyer the con man has got to be Locke's dad.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

You're talking about the real Sawyer. The one who's name was stolen by ourSawyer. That would be an interesting twist! As far as Sarah's "significant other" I'm willing to wager anything that it's Desmond. Hey, a little off the subject. When a man has an affair, we call the other woman his mistress. So when it's the woman who has an affair, what do we call the other man? Master?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by JFlo View Post
    Great episode!

The Jack flashback episodes have always been my favorite. While I think the entire cast is great, I think none of them can hold a candle to the acting chops of Matthew Fox, and he really shines in the Jackcentric episodes. You can see the thought process going on his head, he doesn't simply play the emotion, but plays the action and lets the action bring out his emotion.

I cannot believe I missed Mr. Friendly (?) (where did that name come from, btw?) call out for Alex! I guess I was just too caught up in the fear of it all.

I have two possible theories about Zeke/Friendly. Either he is the dark haired-burly guy in the orientation video, who founded the Dharma Initiative, or he is Geronimo Jackson. Maybe he is both.

Sawyer the con man has got to be Locke's dad.
    I agree that Matthew Fox is really good and showing the thought processes of the character when he is acting out a scene. One thing that really bugs me about him is that sometimes when he is acting I can hear bits of his true voice (squeaky high picked) peeking through. He can hide it most of the time but gosh it is irritating when I do manage to hear it. I guess it would not bother me as much if I did not know what his real voice sounded like. I know..nitpicking. LOL

FORT Fan
    Here is something I am curious about ...

It seemed to me that Michael was being "set up" by the Others to bring him out. I thought their intention was to do something to him. Yet Mr. Friendly said something like "don't worry. Michael won't find us." And they obviously intended to talk to Jack.

So ... did they lure Michael just to get Jack out there? Seems there would have been easier ways to talk to Jack. And if not, what the heck IS going on with all that stuff with Michael?

ETA:
    Just read this on another board. Someone said there was a date on the xrays in the beginning of the show that said Nov 15, 2005. Can anyone confirm this?

ETA2:
    Quote from another board:
    "Creepy Other: "Someone a whole lot smarter than us once said'From the dawn of our species, man has been blessed with a sense of curiosity',"

Who said it? --- Alvar Hanso see front page of thehansofoundation.org

Guess this confirms that they're related to the experiments. "
    Last edited by bethw12000; 01-19-2006 at 11:42 AM.

You mean to tell me that this whole time Michael Fox has been using his OTHER voice???????? Wow!

I for sure think it is Desmond that Sarah was knocking boots with. Makes sense to me thinking about Jacks reaction when he first saw Desmond. Jack probably found out later who she was knocking boots with and knows it was Desmond. Does anyone remember what their conversation was when they figured out they were both on the island? Did they talk about Sarah? I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Susie View Post
    You mean to tell me that this whole time Michael Fox has been using his OTHER voice???????? Wow!

I for sure think it is Desmond that Sarah was knocking boots with. Makes sense to me thinking about Jacks reaction when he first saw Desmond. Jack probably found out later who she was knocking boots with and knows it was Desmond. Does anyone remember what their conversation was when they figured out they were both on the island? Did they talk about Sarah? I can't remember.
    I remember when Desmond was running away, he asked Jack about the girl he operated on, if she lived or something and Jack replied he married her. Then Desmond took off into the jungle. Where the HELL did he go??
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Susie View Post

I don't think that's why Jack had that reaction to Desmond being on the island. I think he was just shocked to see him there because he met him before. When Sarah was his patient, he went jogging up the stairs to vent all his frustration and twisted his ankle. That's when he met Desmond and Desmond said he was planning on doing some world travel thing or something. Then when Desmond asked Jack on the island about his patient, I think Desmond asked him if she became his wife. That's why Jack had that reaction. I honestly don't think Jack knows yet that Desmond was the "other man"
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Okay. It's obvious from my avatar who I like the most. I thought it was odd that Eko wasn't helping them track Michael. He helped the first time Michael ran away to find Walt.
    Did anyone see Adewale on Jimmy Kimmel? Could you recap here? I taped Lost and saw it long after it aired so I wasn't able to watch Jimmy Kimmel's show.

+ Reply to Thread