+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by poutymouse View Post
    Qboots I questioned earlier and no one responded...Was the drug dealer from Psalms 23 in another episode? The one Eko killed? It was a very small part and maybe the guy just looked familiar. For some reason I had thought he was in the republican guard with sayid. however I didn't think it was the main guard, just one of the back ups. Am I just totally confused or are all dark skinned men with facial hair starting to look the same to me? (If the latter is the case, then I can hope that my Pakistani husband will soon start to resemble Naveen )
    I believe the 2 actors who played the drug dealers are: Achraf Marzouki and Moumen El Hajji. And I can't find any mention of them appearing before on "Lost", or anywhere else for that matter. Although it's possible they had a non-speaking role and therefore wouldn't appear in the credits.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    You know, with the revelation that the monster is a bunch of smoke, it just backs up the theory even more that the monster (or a piece of it) was the cause of the part of the plane exploding in the first few minutes of the pilot.

FORT Fanatic
    wait canada champ, i dont understand. please explain.

So if the monster is smoke, how did it kill the pilot that was still alive? It tore him up from what I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ View Post
    You know, with the revelation that the monster is a bunch of smoke, it just backs up the theory even more that the monster (or a piece of it) was the cause of the part of the plane exploding in the first few minutes of the pilot.
    It made me wonder if they had that in mind as well.

Archie, i believe it was something else that got him, but even if it wasn't remember how the "monster" grabber locke and pulled him into that hole?

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by lostonanisland View Post
    wait canada champ, i dont understand. please explain.
    Way back in the beginning people who did the slo mo thing saw some kind of black cloud just before the plane exploded (hmmm they even reshowed that moment from the first episode on the rehash epi the other day) and everyone went diving. A lot of discussion here then as to whether that was intentional or a computer/camera glitch as I recall.

That whole thing about a wisp of smoke zapping the engine is controversial. In interviews, the producers have said that there's nothing to indicate there is anything weird about the island until the monster shows up. Some people take that statement to mean the black wisps are just debris from the set. I've seen behind the scenes photos of crew throwing coats and general debris in front of huge fans to simulate them being sucked into the engine. I've also seen it argued that it's a CG blip, a tracing that the computer used to track the path of something computer generated that didn't get erased properly from the film.

But I've seen those pictures, and they look a lot like the wisps of smoke we've seen, especially the one Kate and Jack see on the way to the Black Rock.

Personally, I don't know what to think. Why would the monster explode part of the fuselage at that point, and not approach any of the people? For that reason, I think it's probably an error or fluke.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Yeah it probably is just a fluke, but it'll always be on my mind I guess. I slowpaused that scene today again and while yes it does look like black smoke, it doesn't look like the well-defined smoke we've seen in Exodus and 23rd Psalm.

FORT Fanatic
    i was reading some lost forum (forgot which one, maybe 4815162342) and someone said that when vincent appears in the pilot he has the numbers on his ear. im gonna have to check on that.

A hearty CONGRATULATIONS to our favorite show for winning the Golden Globe for Best Drama Series!

VCR alerts for tomorrow's talk shows:

Matthew Fox is on Ellen, and Mr. Eko what's-his-face is on Jimmy Kimmel.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread