+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

FORT Fan
    I personally think Rose and/or Bernard is somehow behind everything. They just seem 'too nice' to be brought to this island where everyone else has a 'mean' past (mean meaning bad, killer, deadly, etc).

one of my friends said something funny. their theory of 'Lost' is that it is Hurley's dream. That he is still in the mental hospital and dreams up all of this, hence why the numbers are everywhere and everyone that is on the island is actually in the mental hospital. Would be a funny ending but also a shitty one.

FORT Fanatic
    the theory of rose/bernard being behind everythiing could explain why we have yet to see their backstories cuz their backstories could be about the island.

Quote Originally Posted by lostonanisland View Post
    when shannon and sayid saw walt. he told them to shh and then walked away to his left. and then when shannon chased after him, she went the same direction and the taillies were there. wouldnt the taillies have seen walt?
    so maybe walt was just kind of manipulating everyones mind to think he was there but not really.

sorry for the repost but i want some feedback on my curious thought
    I've always thought it was kind of obvious that Walt was a hallucination. The real Walt was kidnapped and desperately wants to get back to Michael and the rest. He's hardly going to just stand there, dripping wet, saying "Sshhh" to Shannon and Sayid. He would have run at them, jumped on them, hugged them, and said "Am I glad to see you guys! Save me from the Others! Take me to my Dad!"

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    in Canadian it's:
    Adewale = add a WALL, eh ?
    Akinnuoye = a KIN you, eh?
    Agbaje = , eh ?
    Thanks for clearing that up, SQUAT.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fanatic
    you canadians are too funny!

love the 'eh'.

FORT Fanatic
    ok i know walt is only 9 but if he desperatly wanted to get away from the others wouldnt he think of something to kill them? only 2 reasons i can think of that would prevent him from doing this is the fact that he is 9 and dunno if hes smart enough to do that yet, and the fact that he could very well be dead.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by karen14 View Post
    I saw this correlation brought up in another message board showing the coincidence of LOSTs black mist to a Michael Crichgon book. I didnít recall if anyone posted this here or not.

I left out much of the article but here is the link.

http://www.infinityplus.co.uk/nonfiction/prey.htm
    I thought about this book after seeing the black smoke. I said to my husband that they could be like the nano robots in Prey.
    Weird. But he said that if they are using 70's/early 80's technology, how would they have produced nano robots.

His theory is that this island and Dharma were all part of a government experimental program for the defense industry and the government abandoned the project when things went bad with it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by xjeff99
    I personally think Rose and/or Bernard is somehow behind everything. They just seem 'too nice' to be brought to this island where everyone else has a 'mean' past (mean meaning bad, killer, deadly, etc).
    Okay, I have to admit, at first I totally scoffed at this idea, but after thinking about it and mentioning it to my husband, I realize that this is a very interesting theory! They are probably the only people we see who are the appropriate age to have been members of The Hanso Project back in the day. And they seem to be a progressive couple, being interracial, who may have even met taking part in such an alternative scientific project. It always interested me that Rose has always been at peace on the island. Bernard has hardly been at peace with the tailies, but they've had a much harder time of it. This would definitely explain why The Others did not want Bernard.

If they really are behind all of this, I think it would only be as part of the Dharma Initiative, and not associated with The Others. If this is the case, how wild would that be?? Especially considering both of them needed someone to save their lives after the crash. Which is ACTUALLY what helped establish the leaders of each group, Jack and Ana Lucia! This is a theory that I will not be disregarding.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by xjeff99 View Post
    one of my friends said something funny. their theory of 'Lost' is that it is Hurley's dream. That he is still in the mental hospital and dreams up all of this, hence why the numbers are everywhere and everyone that is on the island is actually in the mental hospital. Would be a funny ending but also a shitty one.
    This is the "St. Elsewhere" theory so to speak---if you recall that show the whole thing turned out to be a figment of an autistic boy's imagination--another version (that I suggested earlier) is that it is all a dream/fantasy of Locke's---since the disabled get to board first he would have seen everyone else board and could imagine things about them...and of course that he could walk and be the big boar killer hero. Unfortunately the creators have said explicitly that it is NOT anyone's dream or fantasy. So, so much for these ideas. I do like the Hurley idea though... esp. re the numbers.

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    I agree with Qboots that Walt is definately a hallucination. AFter all one of the Dharma experiments was Astral Projection right? Am I mistaken on that? I though Astral was on of them, in which case perhaps that is where Walt is and whats going on with him. Just a guess.

Qboots I questioned earlier and no one responded...Was the drug dealer from Psalms 23 in another episode? The one Eko killed? It was a very small part and maybe the guy just looked familiar. For some reason I had thought he was in the republican guard with sayid. however I didn't think it was the main guard, just one of the back ups. Am I just totally confused or are all dark skinned men with facial hair starting to look the same to me? (If the latter is the case, then I can hope that my Pakistani husband will soon start to resemble Naveen )

Quote Originally Posted by lostonanisland View Post
    just watched the pilot again.
    there were like 3 dead people there or so. no one else.
    maybe they survived and then taken by the others like most of taillies. or maybe taken by the smoke. you know i was thinking about the smoke... does smoke really leave a shadow?

Thanks for that. Wasn't first-class supposed to be full? Shannon and Boone were bumped, weren't they? And no, Qboots I don't believe they all fell out.

As for Eko's real name, I've seen him called Triple A and just AAA. That works for me.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread