+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    I've been away for too long...it took more than an hour to go through all the previous posts.

On a personal note regarding Naveen Andrews interview posted about 10 pages ago, several people where making comments about how he should not give his views etc. If you feel strongly about something you tell people about it. Its not like he is using the media to manipulate anyone. He is simply saying his mind, like we all do, but unlike us he had a bigger audience to hear his rants. Also when he spoke of his upcoming role in a movie about a wife who burns her husband someone responded "its usually the other way around [in middle eastern cultures]. I must get on my soap box and say that as a wife of a middle eastern, this is an unfair sterotype. I get so upset hearing these things. Woman are revered over there and it is unheard of and intolerable (esp. in their relgious teachings) to kill a woman. They think we are the ones who are bad because it happens EVERY DAY here, that a husband kills his wife, and worse, would kill his pregnant wife or his parents. Oh, and also, he wasn't 22 when he got his math teacher pregnant. He was younger than that and she was married with a few children of her own, her and her husband took him in when he was kicked out by his family.

Ok, enough about my man, Naveen. It was ranch dressing in case no one figured it out yet, that locke and micheal were shooting. I had wondered how a tub of ranch could last more than 1 year without spoiling. I wondered the same thing about why the tail section was the only one that had "good" people in it. However here is a strange thought. What if the "others" are not part of the whole black smoke monster thing. Like the others could be from one part of the experiment and the black smoke something else entirely. In which case that could be why the others never came to the front of the island. Actuallly they wanted Walt, but never grabbed him until he left the isle. Claire's baby certainly couldn't have been born bad. They took Danielles baby. What if that particular station (where desmond was and where the "monsters" showed up) wasn't part of the "others". could it be that they never ventured into that territory the same way Danielle didn't? Maybe thats why they haven't grabbed a single person from the front of the plane, whereas they grabbed what, 20 from the tail? Its a disproportionate number of salvagable passsangers. Also when they showed the others walking and the teddy bear being dragged behind they were all dirty. if they were taking the good people away why wouldn't they have taken them into a bunker and cleaned them up? Why would they be walking around so dirty, weeks after they were taken? OH well, just a theory.

Q...the guy eko killed who had brought him the herion, who was that? The one who was doing all the talking. He looked too familiar, I thought maybe he was in another backstory. Particularly I thought he was in Sayids backstory in the republic guard, but maybe its just the dark skin and beard thats getting me confused. Was he on the show before by any chance???

ETA: No one has mentioned that Hurley and Libby are supposed to be getting closer in coming weeks. Finally a love connection for our man Hurley. Hopefully since she's a psychologist and he was in a mental ward we will learn more about how he got there. I predict those two will have some connection in their backstory!!! GO HURLEY!!!
    Last edited by poutymouse; 01-14-2006 at 04:19 PM.

FORT Fanatic
    poutymouse...about hurley and libby. someone mentioned it about 4 pgs back.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Wow. Great show. I'm glad that there could be sparks between Libby and Hurley! . We need a bit more romance in there.
    but yeah. some different romance. im already getting sick of the so-called love quad-angle that was being mentioned all over jack/sawyer/kate/AL.

and i knew before there was no chance between charlie and claire, especially now. there is just no connection, plus he's bossy to her and pretty much overwhelm her.

FORT Fanatic
    if the others are nowhere near the middies, then how can you explain shannon and sayids encounter with walt and the whispers the taillies heard as they were about to meet shannon and sayid?

wait a minute, i just thought about something as i was typing this. when shannon and sayid saw walt. he told them to shh and then walked away to his left. and then when shannon chased after him, she went the same direction and the taillies were there. wouldnt the taillies have seen walt?
    so maybe walt was just kind of manipulating everyones mind to think he was there but not really.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Thanks Zaius. Do you think that is a reason why some of the survivors have been put on the island? To redeem their past? It's a good theory.

Also, I agree that it probably wasn't Walt typing.
    I also agree. Not a single person is a nice person to begin with.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by StageHand View Post
    I also agree. Not a single person is a nice person to begin with.
    Hurley? How is Hurley a bad guy? A slacker maybe, but not a bad guy, right?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Hurley? How is Hurley a bad guy? A slacker maybe, but not a bad guy, right?
    I don't think Hurley is a bad guy. There are quite a few "good" people on the island. Jack isn't bad. Neither is Claire or Locke or Michael or Walt. Boone wasn't bad either. The only bad people I can think of are: Shannon (just because she was a spoiled little witch until she fell for Sayid), Kate (because she killed Wayne), Sawyer (because he's a conartist (or was)), Sayid (Not really bad but he did torture a lot of people for information while he was in the Republican Guard) and Charlie (because of his Heroin addiction) Am I missing something about the other characters?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fanatic
    lol. no one is perfect. everyone (including you & me), must have done something terrible in their past - something small and minor to something big.

depending on what view everyone takes and how one defines what is 'bad' or 'terrible' or 'good', etc.

im just going to touch upon main characters - my opinions of their 'bad', 'evil', wrong deeds, etc. since being good or not seems like a 'priority' for the others as goodwin has mentioned.

locke - his obsession with his father. it was bad for him. im assuming it ruined his relationship with helen.

michael - his temper and quick to judge others and take actions.

walt - well something is up with him. his stepfather wanted to get rid of him because there was something about walt...that dead bird outside the window back in australia.

boone - his obsession of his stepsister shannon. and if one is going to say shannon is spoiled, ill also say boone was too, its just that shannon was more of a bitch of it.

jack - well, his lack of compassion where he pretty much dont give some hope to patients...yeah...one would like honesty but i would like some hopeful new also. also try to do everything himself, take control.

sayid - his past professional in the IRA, torturing. it was his job but still bad.

sun - keeping secrets from husband, being oblivious to what her father does (not her fault since she assume he's just another businessman)

jin - keeping secrets from wife (what he does for her father)

charlie - drug addict. possessive.

sawyer - killed man who cheated with mom, con-artist, thug, selfish, blunt, but one hell of a hottie. a hot long haired dirty blond with nice tanned body with twang...yeah...bad boy. lol.

kate - calculator. secrets. manipulative. killer.

eko - drug dealer, killer.

ana lucia - killer, quick of temper, bitch.

claire - she's the only one i cant think of anything bad that she has done. the only thing would be giving up baby for adoption but i dont think its bad because she feels shes not ready and cant provide for the baby.

libby - we havent seen her backstory yet to know what her past was.

as for hurley - some would say gambling is a sin. low selfesteem, not sure of hisself. according to mom, just eat and watch tv. but the main thing is that we need another back story of how'/why he was in a mental hospital. that will shed a lot of things on hurley.

FORT Fanatic
    when shannon and sayid saw walt. he told them to shh and then walked away to his left. and then when shannon chased after him, she went the same direction and the taillies were there. wouldnt the taillies have seen walt?
    so maybe walt was just kind of manipulating everyones mind to think he was there but not really.

sorry for the repost but i want some feedback on my curious thought

As far as Sayid telling anyone about the Walt sighting, he did tell Kate about it at the end of "What Kate Did". When Kate was sitting in front of Shannon's grave marker, Sayid came up to her and asked her why she's not with Sawyer. She said "Because I think I'm going crazy." She then asked Sayid "Do you believe in ghosts, Sayid?" Sayid responded with this: "I saw Walt in the jungle. Does that make me crazy?" So he did tell someone. From what we know, Kate is the only one he's told so far but he was not in the "23rd Psalm" episode last week, so we don't know if maybe he's telling other people and we just don't know about it yet.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fanatic
    yeah i forgot about that conversation. but kate didnt mention the horse right? just that she thinks she's going crazy..

with shannon and sayid it was the walt sighting.

with the tailies it was the whispers.

what bothers me is that when AL shot shannon, she should have heard shannon yelling walts name and sayid screaming shannon as others here have mentioned. but i think the whispering in the jungle were manipulating them from not hearing them shouting. michael should have heard walts and shannons name being shouted and either inform the tailies or yell back at them.

but there is manipulation going on. its who's controling it. cause i doubt walt is...so maybe someone is using walt to chase everyone in the wrong direction or to death. now we see walt manipulation through the computer to get michael into action.

im going to assume that they are either keeping things from one another or they are talking its just that its not being shown to us...just assume...well for some incidents. or like what lostisland said...to drag out the series and things will be mentioned along the way.
    Last edited by bell; 01-15-2006 at 12:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread