+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

But I don't remember Adewale whatever his last name is being first last season. I thought it was actually either Jack or Sawyer. But in last night's episode, it's Adewale.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    But I don't remember Adewale whatever his last name is being first last season. I thought it was actually either Jack or Sawyer. But in last night's episode, it's Adewale.
    They go by alphabetical order, I think.

FORT Fogey
    'Lost' Actress Pleads Guilty to DUI
    Thu Jan 12, 5:30 PM ET

Cynthia Watros pleaded guilty to drunken driving Thursday, and the contrite star of the hit ABC series "Lost" had her driver's license suspended for 90 days and was fined $370.

District Judge James Dannenberg also ordered Watros, 37, to undergo an alcohol assessment and to submit to 14 hours of counseling.

"I'm sorry," Watros said after entering her plea.

Under a plea agreement with prosecutors, a citation for crossing the white line was waived.

"This is no fun, but you know how much worse it could have been. Get on with your life, and I wish you luck," Dannenberg told Watros.

Following her court appearance, Watros made a brief statement to reporters, saying "I'm extremely grateful to the people of Hawaii for their love and support. Thank you." She took no questions.

Deputy Prosecutor Sean Sanada said the prosecutor's office was pleased with the outcome of the case.

"She did follow through and, we just hope this doesn't happen again The main thing, we hope, is that she learned her lesson," Sanada said.

Watros, who plays Libby on the castaway drama, and co-star Michelle Rodriguez, who portrays police officer Ana Lucia, were both charged with drunken driving after they were pulled over in separate cars within 15 minutes of each other Dec. 1.

Their cars had been spotted weaving on a road in Kailua, on the island of Oahu, where "Lost" is filmed.

Both failed field sobriety tests and were released on $500 bail, police said.

Rodriguez, 27, who was scheduled to stand trial March 30 after pleading not guilty last month, was also cited for speeding in Hawaii three times last year.

In 2004, Rodriguez pleaded no contest in Los Angeles to three traffic violations, including drunken driving. She completed a three-month alcohol program and is serving a three-year probation term.

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/en...711580000.html

So many ideas flying around!

Regarding Eko and the manifest - If you are talking about the screen cap (if that is even what it is) that shows the manifest, there are not enough names on it to even account for the survivors - so there is no proof there.

HEPCAT - regarding your point on the plane crossing the border: Only UN workers and missionaries were permitted to fly in and out. Posing as priests was easier. Your magnetic filings theory is interesting.

Chickngirl - Total agreement with you.

Nilesgirl - I'm not dismissing your theory, because anything goes on this show, but I think it's possible that Michael is being set up somehow. At the beginning of this season, there was a lot of buzz about the Dharma Initiative website. On it, one of their projects involves Remote Viewing. At the time I said it could be for watching the hatchlings, and still feel it is a possibility.
    I would love a Bernard/Rose flashback. They bring a lot of warmth to the show.

Does anyone else find it odd that the tail section - which holds fewer passengers - had the most "good people", while the mid-section (with the most passengers) had the fewest? And how is it that Walt is the only child (that I have seen, at least) to have survived from the mid-section? That was a packed flight - there had to be many children on it.
    The passengers in the front section were belted in and there was no fire, so how is it they ALL died while people from the other sections survived (especially the tailies - they fell from the highest altitude and the impact on the water would be nearly as bad as hitting the ground)? Sorry if this has been discussed before, but it bugs me.

Regarding M.R. - if she keeps her not-guilty plea during the trial and is found guilty - there is a good chance she will go to jail.

I like to end my long posts on a light note if possible, soooo
    I hope someone in that McDonalds tells Desmond it is probably ok to stop injecting himself with that serum now.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I saw this correlation brought up in another message board showing the coincidence of LOSTs black mist to a Michael Crichgon book. I didnít recall if anyone posted this here or not.

Prey
    by Michael Crichton
    (HarperCollins, 367 pages, hardcover, $26.95; November 25 2002)
    It is almost impossible to doubt that the bestselling sf novel of 2002 will be Michael Crichton's Prey; it is only marginally less certain that, when lists are compiled by the book trade of bestsellers published in that year in various categories, and of the relative financial performances of one category against another, that Prey will be conspicuous by its absence from most if not all of the sf rolls.
    Why? Because, despite the fact that it is a fiction set in the near future whose plot depends on an extrapolation from current science, it's not really, you see, a science-fiction novel at all. It's in a different category altogether.
    That category is called "Bestsellers"........ (cut out part of story here)
    The parallel here is with the so-called "group mind" of ants and termites: an individual termite has so little intelligence that it's probably wrong even to use the word, but has just enough to grasp a couple of simple rules or imperatives, and it is through the application of these rules or imperatives that colonies of thousands and millions of termites display behaviour patterns that include architectural feats so sophisticated that even we ourselves would have difficulty countenancing them.
    Xymos has applied such principles to swarms of nanobots, and has released several swarms into the desert in order to accelerate their evolution -- their development of exploitable quasi-intelligence. This stratagem has worked far more effectively than Xymos anticipated; unfortunately, the swarms have evolved out of control. Worse still, their imperatives have driven them, so that they may build more nanobots, to seek fresh organic material -- in other words, to become killers of living creatures, humans included should humans be available
    .(cut out part of story here)
    I left out much of the article but here is the link.

http://www.infinityplus.co.uk/nonfiction/prey.htm

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    The passengers in the front section were belted in and there was no fire, so how is it they ALL died while people from the other sections survived
    Well, we didn't see the nose section land, who knows how hard that impact may have been. The streamlined shape may have made it speed up before impact. And one person did survive: the pilot. And pretty much unscathed - he was able to climb up through the hole in the windshield. At which point, of course, something grabbed him and killed him.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fanatic
    in walkabout when locke was looking at the monster he said he saw something beautiful. it was probably good memories.

naveen andrews was listed 1st in the credits last year.

also, about michael and the computer. remember when he said "do you mind if i take a look at all this computer stuff?" in "what kate did"? maybe he adjusted something so it would work for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Well, we didn't see the nose section land, who knows how hard that impact may have been. The streamlined shape may have made it speed up before impact. And one person did survive: the pilot. And pretty much unscathed - he was able to climb up through the hole in the windshield. At which point, of course, something grabbed him and killed him.
    We didn't see the impact of the other sections either, unless you count that piece smacking into the ocean, and we accept (sort of) that they survived a horrific crash. If the pilot could survive, unscathed, why is it unreasonable to presume that someone belted in directly behind him could as well? I am merely pointing out that it is odd that a good number of passengers survived from the rear sections of the plane but none from the front.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by lostonanisland View Post
    in walkabout when locke was looking at the monster he said he saw something beautiful. it was probably good memories.

naveen andrews was listed 1st in the credits last year.

The credits are just alphabetical, by last name. Last year Naveen Andrews was first, as lostonanisland says above. This year Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje joined the cast as Eko. Because Ak comes before An. Adewale is now listed first in the credits. It doesn't mean anything apart from the fact that it indicates there is no star(s) on the show - they are all equal. Otherwise the star's name would be listed first, as is done on a number of shows.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    We didn't see the impact of the other sections either, unless you count that piece smacking into the ocean, and we accept (sort of) that they survived a horrific crash. If the pilot could survive, unscathed, why is it unreasonable to presume that someone belted in directly behind him could as well? I am merely pointing out that it is odd that a good number of passengers survived from the rear sections of the plane but none from the front.

I will go one further than that and say that nobody in the front of the plane was meant to survive. That includes Shannon and Boone, who were supposed to have first class tickets, but were bumped down to business. I mentioned this earlier in the thread: How did Charlie survive when he was in the front of the plane doing his drugs and then only made it slightly past first class when looking for a seat. It look to me like everyone in the vicinity of where he strapped himself in, died. And how did Cindy make it all the way back to the tail before it was ripped off??? She was up front trying to get Charlie out of the bathroom. They (Bernard too) were meant to survive regardless of where they were at the time of the crash.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

+ Reply to Thread