+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

One more tidbit - not from last nights ep. - and some speculation:
    Locke stated that the Black Rock was likely a slave ship. I've been able to verify that Portsmouth, England ( the BR is registered to a Portsmouth ) was the first port used by convict ships sailing to Australia. These ships sailed from 1787 - 1868.
    Passenger manifests show both men and women sent out on the same ships.
    Given the good/bad/redemption theme of this show, I think it is more likely that this was a convict ship, and I wonder if their descendants are the people saying "This is our island".
    Last edited by cricketeen; 01-12-2006 at 03:23 PM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    [B]

Did anyone else notice a parallel between the militants taking just the children and the Others focusing mostly on children? Easier to take and indoctrinate.

Great observation!

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    One thing that is bothering me, the Others went after members of the tail section, obviously they knew about the front section, so why was Walt the only one they wanted? Obviously they want children, but weren't they also taking "good" people. I keep thinking about Rose and why wouldn't they come for her also?
    I think that is a good question, given that they took Claire either because she is "good" or they wanted the baby (or both). I thought they gave up because Charlie killed Ethan, but that didn't stop them from taking Cindy after Goodwin was killed.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

CCL
    I didn't see anything in the black mist except lightning flashes. But on CNN this morning they were showing screencaps. You know how much of a buzzworthy show Lost has become when CNN is doing post-show analysis.
    How weird is it that Eko was on a plane that crashed exactly where the first plane he was supposed to be on crashed? I don't know - it just strikes me as so unlikely and very in the whole "Final Destination" vein. But, then, there are a lot of unlikely elements to the show so who am I to wonder about this one? Maybe Eko was always supposed to end up on the island. But are we sure he was on the Oceanic flight? Maybe he wanted to atone for what he had done by finding his brother's body and making sure he was buried according to Catholic practice and in hallowed ground. As such, he could have spent the time after the drug plane left Nigeria searching for where it had ended up. Maybe he finally figured it out and had come to the island by another route (Boat? Another light plane? And maybe his craft was destroyed by the ocean or by the island when he landed on it, and that is why he is still there. Or maybe his craft is fine and he is only still there because he hadn't found his brother yet).

I think what Charlie said about the heroin was correct - it reassures him that it is there. I think it makes him feel like he's playing a more active role in his rehabilitation - that he's off drugs because he chooses to be, not because he can't get at any. But, I agree with some other posters - he's on a slippery slope keeping the heroin around. It's too big of a draw for him, even if he has been clean for x number of days.

Regarding Walt & Michael's computer chatting - if it was really Walt why would he have made sure that noone was with Michael before he went on with the (albeit shortened) conversation? Smells fishy to me. I agree with other posters that it is most likely not Walt (though I rather wish it was). Maybe it is one of the Others trying to brainwash Michael or whatever.
    Last edited by CCL; 01-12-2006 at 04:26 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Ekko was on Oceanic 815, and was in the water with the rest of the passengers. We still don't know how he came to be travelling from Sydney to LA on that flight. Stay tuned ...

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I didn't see anything in the black mist except lightning flashes. But on CNN this morning they were showing screencaps. You know how much of a buzzworthy show Lost has become when CNN is doing post-show analysis.
    How weird is it that Eko was on a plane that crashed exactly where the first plane he was supposed to be on crashed? I don't know - it just strikes me as so unlikely and very in the whole "Final Destination" vein. But, then, there are a lot of unlikely elements to the show so who am I to wonder about this one? Maybe Eko was always supposed to end up on the island. But are we sure he was on the Oceanic flight? Maybe he wanted to atone for what he had done by finding his brother's body and making sure he was buried according to Catholic practice and in hallowed ground.
    But he didn't bury his brother, he burned the body. And that little plane could not have flown from Nigeria to where it landed without a lot of refueling stops. It's a LOOONNNGGGG way from where it started.

I thought it was interesting that the final image in the "smoke" was the crucifix. Does that signify new life for Eko? Redemption for him? Jesus dying and then arising from the dead signifies new life for everyone that belives in Him. So Eko seeing the crucifix could symbolize his "rebirth" as a spiritual person from what he had become when he was forced to kill the priest and leave his home as a teen. He seems to have come full circle in his life and says to Charlie: Yes, I am a priest.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The flashback sequence in the black smoke is one of the best sequences the show has provided imo.

what timeframe?

Anybody know how long it's been since that plane left Nigeria to where we are now with Eko discovering it on the island?

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    How weird is it that Eko was on a plane that crashed exactly where the first plane he was supposed to be on crashed?
    wth? I never even thought about that

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama
    And I'm sorry..the 2 things that are bugging me are where the hell is Desmond and the French lady????? Have they just disappeared into thin air and why does no one talk about them??? That drives me crazy for some reason!
    Lost writers are slick, before you mentioned this i wasn't even thinking about them

they have us focused on backstories of Eko and company...

I assume once they cover a few of the backstories and tie up somethings (Walt) and they get writers block then they'll go back to the french lady and Desmond nd possibly answer the questions of why the hell polar bears was on the island

So many things they throw into the show that it gives them unlimited options when writing new storylines... they already got us wondering how the hell 'Walt' is talking to michael though an Apple II, maybe thees an internet cafe and McDonald's on another part of the island Desmond and them might be there chillin'

+ Reply to Thread