+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

karen14, if you look, they look like the exact same links to me:
    Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsuc...7021&stop=7040
    Quote Originally Posted by nilegirl
    http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsuc...7021&stop=7040
    not that it matters. No big deal. Some links work for some people and some don't.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Hepcat - Thank you so much for posting those pics here!

Myrosiedog - Great observation regarding the possible black smoke/monster connection.

Desertrose - I don't have the dvd's from season 1 - when I want to refresh my memory, I go to Lost-tv.com. Someone there has typed transcripts from all the episodes. I have spent countless hours reading and re-reading (and am still a little lost sometimes). I know there are other transcript sites too - lostlinks.net could give you some more places.

Did anyone else notice a parallel between the militants taking just the children and the Others focusing mostly on children? Easier to take and indoctrinate.

I don't believe that was Walt on the computer, either. Why would he ask Michael if he were alone? Why did the screen go blank? They didn't have that sleep feature in the 70's.

The monster blew out of the water the creators claims that there will be real-world explanations for the things that happen on the show. Unless of course there is really someone out there who has invented a smoke-like entity that sounds like a roller coaster, explodes earth, growls and can show you the sins of your past.

Regarding Eko's stick: The chapters and verses I could make out are about faith turning your life around, repentance and staying faithful. Revelation is an interesting title for this show, since it revealed Eko's past, and in the bible it is about good winning over evil. .

My thought on Charlie carrying the statue was that he felt stronger knowing it was there and that he wasn't using. I've known alcoholics who kept booze in the house for the same reason. I'd still like to see him drop it all into the ocean, though. Seeing all those statues made me feel uneasy. There are medicinal uses for heroin, so it would make sense for Jack to want some for his black bag.

I saw the same preview here in Indiana that was posted as being the Canadian preview. When they said Michael was going all commando, I said "EEEEEW, he isn't wearing any underwear???? How would they know that?????"
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    I saw the same preview here in Indiana that was posted as being the Canadian preview. When they said Michael was going all commando, I said "EEEEEW, he isn't wearing any underwear???? How would they know that?????"

Probably all of them will be running out of underwear/clothes before too much longer. So it might be a good guess that probably some of them are commando.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Actually, Revelation was the recap show. The title of the episode after "Revelation" was "The 23rd Psalm"
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post

Probably all of them will be running out of underwear/clothes before too much longer. So it might be a good guess that probably some of them are commando.

If my husband is any example, he'd wear them for a week, turn them inside out, wear them for another week and then throw them away. Unless he actually broke down and WASHED them. Which would never happen in my house. I am his Rose.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Premium Member
    I really should start recording these new episodes! Anyway, I am probably mistaken, but during previews for next week's show, at the end of the preview I think it's a night scene, with torches, and was there some whispering that said something to the effect of "This island belongs to us" or something like that? It was more clear and intelligible than the whispering in the jungle, so I have no idea what that was about - or if I imagined it all.

The black smoke was a bit too unrealistic for me - I had been buying into the premise that everything on this show can be explained without being too farfetched, but you can't have technology like that, and all the time also be using a computer (which possibly saves the entire world, heh) with early 1980's technology. And the black smoke sure makes a big entrance - all the noise and dirt flying up out of the ground - when Locke was almost dragged into the hole in the ground many episodes back, whatever that was also caused the dirt explosions, as well, and I doubt smoke can grab onto a person.... Is the black smoke what Locke saw from the first or second episode - I noticed Eko staring directly into it like Locke did back in the day.

Too bad Charlie went off on his own before telling everyone about Eko's experience - I am sure that black smoke would be a big topic of discussion, yet it will now probably go unanswered for the rest of the season...

And I'm already not looking forward to another episode of not liking Michael. Sorry, but wish he was off the show already. For some reason, that character, it's just not written well, in my opinion. First he's a neglectful father, then suddenly he's overzealous in his concern, there's just no happy medium with the guy. He's either whiny and playing the victim, or out of control and angry at the world. At least Charlie can blame his character flaws on drugs...

Quote Originally Posted by mozz
    Anyway, I am probably mistaken, but during previews for next week's show, at the end of the preview I think it's a night scene, with torches, and was there some whispering that said something to the effect of "This island belongs to us" or something like that?
    You are not imagining things. At the end of the preview, a male's voice says "This is our island." I almost thought it was Sawyer's voice (maybe saying that he's not going to stand by and allow himself to be frightened by "the others" anymore.) It probably wasn't Sawyer's voice but it sounded like it. But you are not imagining things. There was a voice and it did say "This is our island". I remember because it reminded me of "The Others" (hey.....another coincidence?) When Nicole Kidman is in the hallway with her children, they kept whispering (more irony) over and over: "This house is ours. This house is ours." I will spoiler the rest of it in case there is someone in here who hasn't seen it who plans on seeing it.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the entire movie, they thought they were being visited by ghosts but near the end, they discovered that they were the ghosts.
    Wow! I never realized the similarities between this movie and Lost! In the words of Arsenio Hall: "Things that make you go hmmm...."

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    Well, Hurley does say the "commando" line in both previews. Usually the Canadian preview is more exciting and spoilerish, but this time it was pretty bland. The U.S. preview has all the action.

Thanks so much to Heppy for the screenshots of the smoke images. They appear to show a crucifix, an upside-down shot of Eko emerging from the ocean after the plane crash, a church, a man and woman whom I suspect are his parents, a woman who was at his brother's church, the old man he shot when he was a boy, Eko holding his brother after Yemi got shot, the gangsters giving the gun to Yemi as a boy, and a shot of his drug-dealing buddies.

There are a lot of great theories going over at the Fuselage. For instance, was Eko's life passing before his eyes at a moment where he thought he might die, or was the black smoke reading his mind and projecting the images? (Somebody over there calls it "Puff the Magic Monster". ) And is Michael really having a computer conversation, or is he only imagining it, hence the blank screen. I kind of think that with Walt's special powers, he may be able to have the words appear for Michael, and then disappear when someone else enters the room. It seems kind of an elaborate trap for the Others to bother with. In the past they always just took whoever they wanted, without much fanfare.

Also at The Fuselage I learned that the song Charlie was singing early in the episode was The Kinks "He's Evil". Fairly appropriate. And someone called Ana-Lucia "Ana-Lucifer", a name I may very well adopt for her.
    Last edited by Qboots; 01-12-2006 at 02:29 PM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I have a very very good theory but I really don't want to say anything until I see a few more new episodes.

I kind of agree with Mozzz about Michael. He was the one character from the first season I just couldn't get myself to like.

Regarding the black screen on the computer, if I remember correctly, some of the shots were focused on Jack and we didn't see Michael's hands. All it would take would be for him to press the Enter key a few times and the text would scroll up and disappear. Unless I'm wrong and the entire scene was a two-shot.

+ Reply to Thread