+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Thanks, but that doesn't relate to "Mr. Friendly"?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    That's probably just someone's idea of a joke. In the first episode he was on he was billed as "Bearded Man". So the writers apparently still haven't given his character an actual name. I would think after next week we may know his real name if there's a confrontation between he and Jack, Michael, etc. The important thing is that M.C. Gainey is appearing in the episode and he's the guy who took Walt.

There's also a very interesting tidbit if you read the cast list for the Feb. 1 episode, "Admissions".

I see the ABC preview is already posted at lostlinks.net.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Wonderful long-awaited episode that did not disappoint and, as always, leaves you wanting more!

The only downside was the minute that included Ana-Lucia. The character adds nothing to this show, while you can have a character such as Ekko, who does terrible things, but still evokes compassion and is a great addition to the story. Of course, the actor is superb and shows layers to his character just as we saw with Sawyer, Jin, and others whom we were at first meant to dislike.

[QUOTE=Qboots;1735662]
    Click to see Spoiler:
    That's probably just someone's idea of a joke. In the first episode he was on he was billed as "Bearded Man". So the writers apparently still haven't given his character an actual name. I would think after next week we may know his real name if there's a confrontation between he and Jack, Michael, etc. The important thing is that M.C. Gainey is appearing in the episode and he's the guy who took Walt.

There's also a very interesting tidbit if you read the cast list for the Feb. 1 episode, "Admissions".

OK, I am still "Lost" (ha ha)
    Go Tigers!

snoopy, just so you know, the correct way to quote just part of another person's post is: [ quote=name ] copy and paste the post, then [ /quote ] without the spaces. So it will come out like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy
    OK, I am still "Lost" (ha ha)
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Wow. Great show. I'm glad that there could be sparks between Libby and Hurley! . We need a bit more romance in there.

Also, great reveal on Mr. Ekko, his past coming full circle to meet his present. It sure changed my opinion of him to see what had taken place, particularly how he saved his little brother. I didn't see any of the visions in the black smoke, but I have a very bad tv, so thanks for the insights. Quite amazing how he stood up to the fear and intimidation of the "Evil" smoke. Why do you think they've put in something like the smoke? Won't it be difficult to explain down the road? Mr. Ekko has become quite a good character to watch.

I'm a bit confused about why Michael seems to think he can just go out and get Walt back. Even if he knows Walt's alive, somewhere where there is a computer (probably another bunker), how on earth does Michael think he can find Walt for one, and rescue him by himself?\\

Was the white stuff in the jar that Michael and Locke were target practising powder or liquid? I thought it was more like liquid. Did they show that Locke or Jack knew about the cocaine? If not, then how did Locke have it in the jar for them to shoot at? Did I miss something here?

And yes, how did the plane from Nigeria end up on the island. And how long ago would it have been since the crash for the body of Mr. Ekko's brother to dry up (or whatever).

I also thought it was funny how a guy can be stranded on an island, and still get thrown out of his tent by his girlfriend. Man, Charlie just can't win tonight. I'm curious though, about his stash of heroin statues. For some reason, I don't think he's stashed them so he can use them as an addict. I think there's a better reason coming up for their use. Like maybe to overdose someone, or for Charlie to use for cash/exchange later on. Hmmmm. Little brain's ticking. It can't be that simple. Can it?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

The images inside the smoke were all images from his life. I guess the show is trying to say that supernatural smoke shows you how you behaved prior to coming to the island and sees if your soul is able to be redeemed or something to that effect.

It looks like Michael was shooting at a plastic jar of ranch, which is very weird to do unless they know for a fact it's too old to eat.

Whoever Michael was talking to isn't likely to be Walt because whoever that was, he/she typed very quickly. Those long sentences just came mistake-free and in a very few seconds.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Well my son will be thrilled to death to know he wasn't crazy for seeing things in the black smoke. My glasses aren't the best in the world so I couldn't see anything except what I thought were lightning streaks but my son said he saw a woman in the black smoke. I'll have to look for screencaps to show him he was right.
    I guess all of us thought Mr. Ecko was a part of the Nigerian plane..the writers just took it in another direction.
    I was also hoping Charlie would throw the statue in the fire while him and Mr. Ecko were reciting the 23rd Psalm....
    I loved watching the Revelation episode...I liked some of the new things we picked up on (including showing the plane crashing into the ocean!)
    And I'm sorry..the 2 things that are bugging me are where the hell is Desmond and the French lady????? Have they just disappeared into thin air and why does no one talk about them??? That drives me crazy for some reason!
    I'm going to have to tape next week's episode tho....I'll be on a cruise!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Thanks Zaius. Do you think that is a reason why some of the survivors have been put on the island? To redeem their past? It's a good theory.

Also, I agree that it probably wasn't Walt typing.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
    Well...that episode was definately worth the wait, eh guys?
    What a powerful episode. I think my heart stopped when Eko was facing down the "monster." I saw the flashes but didn't know what they were until reading it here.

I have to think and process it a bit. This show!

So glad that episode was worth the wait! I think that was one of the best backstories of the whole series. I loved the look in Ekko's eyes when he said he was a priest, the whole redemption thing really gets me every time.

I hope that Charlie is stashing the heroin to make sure he doesn't use it, but I find that highly unlikely. He doesn't have to prove anything to anyone including himself, he is already clean, he doesn't need to keep a reminder. Only bad can come from keeping the drugs, which is why the writers had him do it.

I agree, no way is Walt really typing, I believe that this is a test or a trick to lure Michael out. Based on the previews it works.

One thing that is bothering me, the Others went after members of the tail section, obviously they knew about the front section, so why was Walt the only one they wanted? Obviously they want children, but weren't they also taking "good" people. I keep thinking about Rose and why wouldn't they come for her also?

+ Reply to Thread